July Chat Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-13-2011, 11:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feeling nice and reassured about not feeling tons of movement. Thanks everyone.

I'm right there with you all in the tiredness thing, and I can't imagine how I'd survive if I had other children now. You all are heroes! I always thought when people say "2nd trimester energy boost" that, somehow one got more energy than pre-pregnancy. Yeah right. At least it's more than first tri, when all I could do was sit o n the couch and stare at the wall, but still, pretty low energy. I feel really guilty about how little I do in a day. It's hard work making a person! And whenever I feel guilty and lazy, I remind myself that I'm busy making a new human. At least I'm doing *something*!

And I think too, in other times, the raising of children didn't just fall on the one and lonely mama. She would have had others around her to help pick up the slack while she was busy making baby. I hope so, at least, because otherwise, it's pure miracle that we exist.

Maker-mama, joyously loving my boy, Winter Rhys, born 12/2011, and our twins, Wren and Forest, born 4/2014.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2011, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

SO left this morning to get MIL... it's an 18 hour drive to get there, so he'll be in late tonight and they'll start heading back first thing tomorrow morning. They'll take two days to come down, and arrive late on Friday. it'll be the first time she visits here, and I was a little worried about it because she can be a bit of a... battle axe. yesterday, SO was on the phone with her and she asked if I was worried about the wicked witch coming to town, and his response was "Not at all... you made the "My house, my rules" policy pretty clear when we visited you, so she'll be comfortable setting you straight if you cross any lines in our home." My jaw hit the floor that he actually said that to her. The only response he got was a long silence on the end of the line, so we'll see how it goes!

We don't know how long exactly she's staying for, but it won't be too long because she hates the city. Here dad's 90th birthday is on Sunday, and we're surprising her with our WEDDING on Monday night!! We just decided to do it when she decided to come down a few days ago, before that we were going to elope. It'll just be MIL, our niece that is traveling down with her, my parents and of course us and the kids....8 people plus the marriage commissioner. Hopefully it'll be sunny and we can do it in the yard! The boys are wearing tuxedo t-shirts and shorts,DD and I will wear dresses and she's got a tiara, I'll get a veil. Decorations are balloons and streamers, and we ordered a fancy cake! We're going to have barbecue for dinner. We are all SO EXCITED!! DD has been saying things like "Then Daddy will be my really real REAL daddy!!" and scolding DS for using SO's first name "You need to call him DADDY now!!" (DS hasn't started addressing him directly as daddy, just refers to him as 'my dad' when talking to his friends... we let the kids do whatever they're comfortable with, but DD is BOSSY!) DS loves his tuxedo t-shirt and I had to hide it to keep him from wearing it. he keeps asking how many more sleeps! 

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

Old 07-13-2011, 03:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraBella View Post

That's my neck of the woods! Where are you going? We just got back from a camping trip at Bear Lake :)

We are going to wasatch mtn state park near Heber City. We used to have a family reunion every other year at Bear Lake. DH's uncle owns a bunch of property up there, including, um, the pizza place with the giant pizza? (Bear Lake Pizza Co, maybe??) and some raspberry shake place. Apparently, he's kind of a prominent businessman in the area. *shrug*

Mummoth - CONGRATS!! Have fun!!
Old 07-13-2011, 06:38 PM

I'm pretty sure I have a yeast infection, so I'm doing a yogurt dip for the first time. Let me say, I'm officially a hippy....lol.gif

Melissa-Mama to Allyson carrot.gif 1-22-07 and Katelyn homebirth.jpg 5-14-09 and Paul 1-2-12 my 10 lb 6oz. homebirthed baby boy.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:36 PM

yogurt works so well soaked on a tampon changed every two to three hours ive only ever used it. Faster way is to buy some plain acidolpholus liquid pr tab crush and make a paste

heartbeat.gifMomma to baby boy Ember.babyf.gifborn at home 12/22/11.  Madly loving his daddy Thimble guitar.gif since 6/26/09. 

Old 07-13-2011, 09:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummoth View Post

We don't know how long exactly she's staying for, but it won't be too long because she hates the city. Here dad's 90th birthday is on Sunday, and we're surprising her with our WEDDING on Monday night!! We just decided to do it when she decided to come down a few days ago, before that we were going to elope. It'll just be MIL, our niece that is traveling down with her, my parents and of course us and the kids....8 people plus the marriage commissioner. Hopefully it'll be sunny and we can do it in the yard! The boys are wearing tuxedo t-shirts and shorts,DD and I will wear dresses and she's got a tiara, I'll get a veil. Decorations are balloons and streamers, and we ordered a fancy cake! We're going to have barbecue for dinner. We are all SO EXCITED!! DD has been saying things like "Then Daddy will be my really real REAL daddy!!" and scolding DS for using SO's first name "You need to call him DADDY now!!" (DS hasn't started addressing him directly as daddy, just refers to him as 'my dad' when talking to his friends... we let the kids do whatever they're comfortable with, but DD is BOSSY!) DS loves his tuxedo t-shirt and I had to hide it to keep him from wearing it. he keeps asking how many more sleeps! 

Congrats! That's so exciting! DF and I are planning on a small/eloping-ish kind of wedding when the time comes.. we just haven't set a date :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahtar View Post

We are going to wasatch mtn state park near Heber City. We used to have a family reunion every other year at Bear Lake. DH's uncle owns a bunch of property up there, including, um, the pizza place with the giant pizza? (Bear Lake Pizza Co, maybe??) and some raspberry shake place. Apparently, he's kind of a prominent businessman in the area. *shrug*

I think that giant pizza is the "Big Ephraim" or something like that, lol. There are several raspberry shake places there though.. and they are sooo good!  Have fun on your trip!

In Love stillheart.gif with my best friend & mama to three beautiful little boys! stork-suprise.gif Expecting #4 Oct. 2014!
Old 07-14-2011, 06:07 AM

Yesterday was nice.  The humidity finally broke in the evening.  I was so glad.  It was starting to feel like NC but with no air conditioner - we actually dug out both of our box fans. 

I made an extra quiche & fruit salad for our family and it was so YUMMY!  In case that sparks a craving, I highly recommend:  Spinach Quiche (I sliced fresh baby bella mushrooms instead of canned and used whole milk yogurt instead of milk).  I am making a bunch of this fruit salad!  Cherries, grapes, apples, bananas, raisins, walnuts, whole milk yogurt with nutmeg & local honey, oh My!  It was so refreshing and satisfying.

Can you tell I've got food on the brain?  All the time.  If I spent as much time cleaning as I do contemplating and preparing food, my house would be sparkling...

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
Old 07-14-2011, 07:35 AM

mammamo: I got a yeast infection in the middle of TTC and I used the yogurt for the first time then. It worked amazingly well! And to top that off, I was convinced that we had missed our window because of the yeast infection and that we would have to try again the next month but we still managed to catch an egg!

Wife to DH stillheart.gif 08/09 and SAHM to DD 09/08 and DS 11/11

Surprise! Expecting #3 Nov. 2013!
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36 yikes2.gif **40

Old 07-15-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyPai View Post

I made an extra quiche & fruit salad for our family and it was so YUMMY!  In case that sparks a craving, I highly recommend:  Spinach Quiche (I sliced fresh baby bella mushrooms instead of canned and used whole milk yogurt instead of milk).  I am making a bunch of this fruit salad!  Cherries, grapes, apples, bananas, raisins, walnuts, whole milk yogurt with nutmeg & local honey, oh My!  It was so refreshing and satisfying.

Can you tell I've got food on the brain?  All the time.  If I spent as much time cleaning as I do contemplating and preparing food, my house would be sparkling...

I'm so food oriented too!  And the fruit!  OMG, it's like the best food of all time.  I've been buying and eating sooooo much.  Unfortunately, we still don't have much locally available.  Just little tiny strawberries.

I can't seem to eat enough food though and I don't seem to have gained much weight yet, maybe 1 lb or so.  I'm trying to eat healthy and I do, but I'm craving really unhealthy, high fat, high calorie foods like fast food and deep fried stuff.  I just can't get satisfied with what I'm eating.  Any ideas?  I'm trying to eat a good amount of high, but healthy fat and protein things like nuts and Greek yogurt.  We're not vegetarian, but don't usually eat a ton of meat, but I'm trying to eat more meat and slightly fattier cuts.  We're smoking a pork loin this weekend.  I've been thinking about it for days, I'm so excited!  Food!!!

Old 07-15-2011, 09:30 AM

We're hitting the really unrelentingly HOT part of summer finally- and while it's expected, I hate 95 degree + weather.   We  do have AC which helps some, but we only have little window units and they do well until about 3pm when it really heats up, and it doesn't cool down until about 1am.  Ick!

I like the idea of making a quiche- I may do that up this morning so it's all ready for dinner later with no effort.  Yum!  

Old 07-15-2011, 09:42 AM

I've also been snacking on cottage cheese.  And I'm about to make this recipe (I'm adding some flax seed meal, but otherwise identical):

Quote:

"Superkid Energy Bars

Courtesy of www.organicvalley.coop

15 minutes prep time

Makes 15 bars

1 cup raw almond butter

½ cup honey

¼ tsp vanilla extract

1/3 cup raw organic sunflower seeds

2/3 cup organic raisins

1/3 cup shredded coconut meat (optional)

1/3 cup organic chocolate chips (optional)

3 cups crispy rice cereal (brown or white)

¼ tsp butter

In a large bowl, mix raw almond butter, honey and vanilla extract until smooth. Add raw organic seeds (sunflower, sesame or other), unsulphured organic dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, cherries), and other optional ingredients. Mix until well coated.

Pour crispy rice cereal into the mixture gradually. Fold it into the mixture, add more cereal, and fold again, until an even consistency is reached and cereal is fully incorporated.

Firmly press energy bar “dough” into a buttered 8 x 8-inch pan. Cover and refrigerate or freeze for 2 hours prior to serving. Cut into small squares (a little bar goes a long way!) and serve with a tall glass of Organic Valley Milk."

Per serving 228 Calories, 4 g Protein, 26 Carbohydrates, 2 g Fiber, 12 g Total fat (2 g sat, 7 g mono, 3 g poly). **** Vitamin E, * Vitamin A, B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), B6, Folate, Copper, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus

Source:  http://forums.about.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=ab-chronicfatig&tid=8665 

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
Old 07-15-2011, 09:55 AM

^^^BennyPai, that looks great!  We're road-tripping next week and I've been looking for granola bar-type recipes.  I think I might make those!  Not too sugary, which is good.

You also inspired me to check out some quiche recipes.  I was planning on making potato, leek, and ham soup tonight, but thought I could do it up in a quiche instead.  That way I can make it while it's still cool outside and if it is super hot this evening, we can eat it room temp.  I actually found a recipe online.  Here are the calorie stats per serving (1 slice):  Calories 1238.3;  Calories from Fat 816  Holy crap, that will fill me up!  

Old 07-15-2011, 10:03 AM

I've had an interesting time with my 7yo dd this week.  We had a major power struggle on Monday concerning tv limits.  I unplugged the tv and she defiantly unplugged my phone at the base, saying, "You take something from me, I take something from you."mischievous.gif  It didn't end well for her.  splat.gifBy the time DP came home from work, we weren't speaking.  And the tv still wasn't on.  Ten minutes later, DP caught dd with our dog at the end of the lane, wearing a backpack full of supplies with plans to run away.  She packed a sleeping bag, her baby blanket, snacks, several outfits, pencils and a notebook, $2, and arnica gel.  It was adorable, but I was beyond patient at that point.  By bedtime, we were making up stories together - BUT I did wind up taking some time to myself to cool down first.

Today is my 11th wedding anniversary.  luxlove.gif  I'm spending the day packing us up for a weekend trip while DP is at work.  MIL will be watching all three of our girls while we go out to celebrate tomorrow evening.  I'm a little nervous about it because MIL tends to be nervous - DP is her only son, so our brood can be overwhelming for her.  I will cross my fingers and hope she will be able to relax and enjoy the visit, and that I will be able to focus on having fun instead of worrying about MIL. duck.gif

I'm probably more worried about my sluggish self getting packed and on the road with the jumpers.gif & the   dog2.gif . ( It's a 3-hour drive and DP is driving separately straight from work to save on gas $.  The girls and I will be staying an extra couple of days.  )  I've made a packing list so we (I) don't forget anything...

Old 07-15-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwill View Post

^^^BennyPai, that looks great!  We're road-tripping next week and I've been looking for granola bar-type recipes.  I think I might make those!  Not too sugary, which is good.

You also inspired me to check out some quiche recipes.  I was planning on making potato, leek, and ham soup tonight, but thought I could do it up in a quiche instead.  That way I can make it while it's still cool outside and if it is super hot this evening, we can eat it room temp.  I actually found a recipe online.  Here are the calorie stats per serving (1 slice):  Calories 1238.3;  Calories from Fat 816  Holy crap, that will fill me up!  

Oh yeah, the quiche is one of my favorite high calorie foods- it crams a TON of calories in a small slice.  Yum! :P

Old 07-15-2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyPai View Post

I've had an interesting time with my 7yo dd this week.  We had a major power struggle on Monday concerning tv limits.  I unplugged the tv and she defiantly unplugged my phone at the base, saying, "You take something from me, I take something from you."mischievous.gif  It didn't end well for her.  splat.gifBy the time DP came home from work, we weren't speaking.  And the tv still wasn't on.  Ten minutes later, DP caught dd with our dog at the end of the lane, wearing a backpack full of supplies with plans to run away.  She packed a sleeping bag, her baby blanket, snacks, several outfits, pencils and a notebook, $2, and arnica gel.  It was adorable, but I was beyond patient at that point.  By bedtime, we were making up stories together - BUT I did wind up taking some time to myself to cool down first.

Oh gosh- I hate this stage- we still have our moments with it and DD is nearly 10- but it's MUCH better than it was. I tend to react badly when she does something of that sort though, and she loses out on things for much longer than initially stated. "No screen time for 1 day" turns into several once she's done trying to fight back and be in charge. *sigh*  I may have scared the bejeepers out of her about running away too- she decided to pull that, and I called a good friend (who happens to be the Sheriff) to pick her up at the end of the street.  That was a couple years ago now, and she hasn't tried that since.  I'm definitely one of THOSE moms- probably too strict in some minds, and I discipline more than most on MDC, but it's tempered well- we spend a lot more time having fun than having power struggles.  DD thrives when the boundaries are very firm, and if they aren't she really flounders.   Being pregnant doesn't leave me with the patience I should have I suppose, but I do the best I can. 

Old 07-16-2011, 11:22 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Ugh, DS just pulled the running away thing a few weeks ago! We got a new barbecue and the kids kept the box to play with. DS was charging in and taking over every time DD tried to play with it, so I got tired of that after a few days and took the box away. So he ran away, and I called my mom to give her a heads up that he might be heading over to her place (before I noticed him hiding in a bush in the yard!) and her advice was "Well, you better give him the box back, so he'll have a place to live!!" Anyway, his consequence for that is he's loading the dishwasher after supper every day until the end of the month... I told him if he's going to run away he'll need some life skills and being a dishwasher is about the best job you can get with a third grade education. He asked me if I'm going to PAY him!! I said not while it's a consequence, but if you do well I'll hire you in August, so he's actually being cooperative about the whole thing, and doing a good job!

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

Old 07-16-2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummoth View Post

Anyway, his consequence for that is he's loading the dishwasher after supper every day until the end of the month... I told him if he's going to run away he'll need some life skills and being a dishwasher is about the best job you can get with a third grade education. He asked me if I'm going to PAY him!! I said not while it's a consequence, but if you do well I'll hire you in August, so he's actually being cooperative about the whole thing, and doing a good job!

I LOVE that!  Remind me to use that one once ours are grown up. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 07-16-2011, 05:21 PM

Food- ooooh the bars sound yummy! I make granola all the time (and I use flaxseed, actually we are out so maybe I will buy some and make the bars so my 2yo will eat it - he needs some fiber lol), I have actually been cooking much more than normal (though tonight we have no food in our house and I am not waking a sleeping baby to go to the store!) and the eating has just been so yummy! I've been pretty much addicted to the grill...though I made lemon and herb roasted chicken and veggies the other day that was so yummy! Today we ate out at a buffet - that was a pregnant woman's paradise! LOL! Right now I am just craving eggs scrambled with cream cheese so I might go make that in a few!

Running away- Sorry but the running away stories are making me laugh! and I LOVE you son's consequence Mummoth - I may have to use that someday too!

My 2yo ran away today...but, no where near as amusing as your 10yos! My SIL and I went to the park to ride Thomas the Tank Engine and it was super crowded, so, SIL was watching her 2 kids and my 2 kids and I was pushing the strollers along to hold our spot in line - at one point the line moved a lot and all of the sudden DS2 was MISSING! you know when you are freaking out inside but you don't want to yell and cause a seen and everyone think you are the worst parent ever!?!? Well, I guess people figured it out anyway, because just as I was about to lose it a man pointed him out to me - he had joined up with another family! Anyway, that was intirely too much excitement for one day and now I am even more terrified of having 3 kids! I think I will be wearing baby and the 4yo and 2yo will be strapped into a stroller at ALL TIMES when we go out!

Now my day is much better because SIL took my 4yo home with her for the night and DS2 is sleeping already (he missed his nap earlier because of the park excursion), so I am getting some much needed R&R!

Old 07-18-2011, 05:24 PM

I got to go to one day of the Folk Music Festival this weekend, and wooohooo, it was so wonderful!

Well, except that it rained almost non-stop. That was miserable. And at one point, I was so tired, I yawned during someone's set, and the guy on stage called me out for it. Great, thanks, everyone turn and stare at the rude yawning woman.

But, I danced and danced, and dancing is much nicer with these hippy baby hips. And my baby has been dancing ever since. Seriously, the little guy just doesn't stop moving now. I'm enjoying the real, undeniable movement!

Maker-mama, joyously loving my boy, Winter Rhys, born 12/2011, and our twins, Wren and Forest, born 4/2014.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post

Food- ooooh the bars sound yummy! I make granola all the time (and I use flaxseed, actually we are out so maybe I will buy some and make the bars so my 2yo will eat it - he needs some fiber lol), I have actually been cooking much more than normal (though tonight we have no food in our house and I am not waking a sleeping baby to go to the store!) and the eating has just been so yummy! I've been pretty much addicted to the grill...though I made lemon and herb roasted chicken and veggies the other day that was so yummy! Today we ate out at a buffet - that was a pregnant woman's paradise! LOL! Right now I am just craving eggs scrambled with cream cheese so I might go make that in a few!

Running away- Sorry but the running away stories are making me laugh! and I LOVE you son's consequence Mummoth - I may have to use that someday too!

My 2yo ran away today...but, no where near as amusing as your 10yos! My SIL and I went to the park to ride Thomas the Tank Engine and it was super crowded, so, SIL was watching her 2 kids and my 2 kids and I was pushing the strollers along to hold our spot in line - at one point the line moved a lot and all of the sudden DS2 was MISSING! you know when you are freaking out inside but you don't want to yell and cause a seen and everyone think you are the worst parent ever!?!? Well, I guess people figured it out anyway, because just as I was about to lose it a man pointed him out to me - he had joined up with another family! Anyway, that was intirely too much excitement for one day and now I am even more terrified of having 3 kids! I think I will be wearing baby and the 4yo and 2yo will be strapped into a stroller at ALL TIMES when we go out!

Now my day is much better because SIL took my 4yo home with her for the night and DS2 is sleeping already (he missed his nap earlier because of the park excursion), so I am getting some much needed R&R!

Uhm, how did we miss that we "know" each other???

I thought I knew you at the park, but didn't say anything because I was afraid I was wrong ;) This is mamatorileybear from FM ;)

We were like four people behind you in line for thomas ;)

creative crunchy christian wife to J stillheart.gif, Mama to three boys and one baby on the way!  chicken3.gif  doula in training love.gif

Old 07-18-2011, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaecho View Post

Uhm, how did we miss that we "know" each other???

I thought I knew you at the park, but didn't say anything because I was afraid I was wrong ;) This is mamatorileybear from FM ;)

We were like four people behind you in line for thomas ;)

Haha me too-- its been so long since we actually saw each other! Too funny...I must know the right people, because when I was pregnant with DS1 I met somebody I knew for real too lol. Well if I bump into you again I will say "hi" for sure!

Old 07-20-2011, 07:55 AM

I'm flying from Columbus to Seattle next week, both kids, DH and mom. Then we are camping at a family reunion. I'm freaking out a little.

Melissa-Mama to Allyson carrot.gif 1-22-07 and Katelyn homebirth.jpg 5-14-09 and Paul 1-2-12 my 10 lb 6oz. homebirthed baby boy.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:42 PM - Thread Starter

Next week is my last week of summer school classes! I am exciting to get it over with and enjoy a few weeks of summer time before Fall semester starts! DF and I are planning a little trip after school is done.

I am 20w this Friday and we have our u/s scheduled for next Tues.. 6 days from now, I can't wait!

In Love stillheart.gif with my best friend & mama to three beautiful little boys! stork-suprise.gif Expecting #4 Oct. 2014!
Old 07-21-2011, 02:37 PM

I've had some more interesting days with my girls.  7yo dd has the biggest attitude.  5yo dd has taken to thinking up inappropriate comments and just thinks she's hilarious. 2yo dd is going through the typical age-appropriate, "MINE!" phase.

I'm too exhausted for patience, but I'm still trying my best.

Today we had a play date and made some yummy cookies with friends.  HIGHLY recommend the recipe!  And my friend gave me some maternity clothes.  orngbiggrin.gif  But then my two big girls started in on their disrespectful behavior (7yo dd pretending not to hear me when I asked her to help her friend cover the sandbox - "What? ... WhAT? .. I can't hear you...", ignoring rules involving the chicken coop, etc., etc.)

I saw my midwives on Tuesday.  They were in the area for home visits that day, so we had our first home visit.  It was nice.  I've been a little nervous about my belly size, but I was assured that I'm a normal size for a 4th pregnancy ... We heard the heartbeat very clearly.  It was good and strong. : )  I am healthy, but was a little dehydrated that day.  I'll have to make a bigger effort to get enough fluids and rest.  There was a lot of kicking, and both midwives could feel the babe lying across down low in my belly.  DP tried later and he could feel the babe, too.smile.gif

While we were out of town last weekend there was a flea outbreak in the upstairs of our house.  I've slept downstairs on the couch with 2yo dd for three nights.  DP has been on the recliner and the big girls have been in sleeping bags on the floor.  I hope our flea eviction methods start working soon. praying.gif

Old 07-21-2011, 08:34 PM

I can't see past my belly to shave anymore...booo....thats my only news today lol

Old 07-21-2011, 09:44 PM

LOL I'm going the opposite way... I woke up this morning and couldn't see my feet (it's been like that for a while), and then I went to the bathroom, and shifted position while I was on the toilet... and I think I fully fully emptied my bladder for the first time in weeks. It felt amazing! But I came out, and the belly is so so noticably smaller. It's kind of sad actually. 

Had our ultrasound and while everything looked good so far (technically I have to sit down with my doctor to go over the results), I am super annoyed that we couldn't find out the sex. The tech is obligated to write it in the report she gives the doctor if she can tell, and is supposed to tell us if we want to know, but it felt ike she really didn't look. She just said "oh, the legs are together, so we can't see anything". But the baby was moving around tons, and she didn't try to get a different view, or let us try to make the baby move position at all... I'm hoping we'll find out that she did indeed write it in the report for the doctor and we'll find out next week, but who knows. 

We have a 'fun' ultrasound paid for by my sister... so I'm going to call and schedule that one I think around 30 weeks. Maybe we'll find out then. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 07-23-2011, 12:21 PM

I decided to try to look human today- makeup, decent clothes- very exciting.  Not so exciting?  The discovery that my jeans are slowly getting LOOSER in the waist. *sigh*  I'm kind of wondering if I'm ever going to show at all lol.  I'm pretty sure that at by now in previous pregnancies I was at least needing to contemplate the hair-tie trick with jeans.  Maybe it's because the kids are closely spaced- my body is drawing on reserves? *Goodness knows, I have enough to spare. :P 

Anyway, my brother is coming up for a visit this weekend, so that should be nice. He's just finishing law school, and I'm going to have him give me a hand with a crazy neighbor situation.  The crazy neighbor is stalking my family and sneaking over to do things on the property whenever we go out.  I'll deal with the Sheriff on Monday about it but until then, I'm locking doors and staying inside when we are home. *sigh*  The kids' play area is on the other side of the house, but these people are unstable at best. 

Old 07-23-2011, 12:42 PM

I got some maternity jeans from motherhood today. Tried on 2 pair and walked out with the XL on accident, so I have to schlep back down there tomorrow to return them and get the right pair. *sighs* and this was AFTER *I* had a meltdown in Old Navy because they didn't have any longs.

Old 07-23-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post

I can't see past my belly to shave anymore...booo....thats my only news today lol

Me neither.  I guess it is time to move to the waxing stage of pregnancy.

mama to dust.gifdd 8/09 and slingtwin.gif dd + ds 11/11

Old 07-23-2011, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb76 View Post

Me neither.  I guess it is time to move to the waxing stage of pregnancy.

Wait, you people have had enough energy to shave- anywhere?  

Pft.  Not around here!  I manage to get as far as getting in the shower and out again. 

User Tag List