July Chat Thread - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 193 Old 08-02-2011, 10:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

After reading about all these dresses, I decided to poke through my closet and see what I could find for sundresses! I found one that I got a couple of years ago that I don't wear much "because it makes me look pregnant" LOL I decided to wear it today... because, after all, I AM pregnant now LOL and I'm so glad I did. It's super comfy!! It's from Old Navy a few years ago, all cotton, about knee length. Pretty shapeless, but did I mention comfy?

I'm Heather, newly married (12/5/10) to James! partners.gif
We are currently "mama" and "papa" to Maisy cat.gif and soon... parents to BABY NEW YEAR 2012!! babyf.gifWe're happily planning a h20homebirth.gif and intend to femalesling.GIFbfinfant.gifdiaper.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 193 Old 08-02-2011, 10:32 AM

Comfy is wonderful. :)

The dress I picked up is long and flowing- I was happy with the comfy effect as well. 

#183 of 193 Old 08-02-2011, 07:16 PM

Yep, I've felt a few more flutters this week, but I am still anxious for my U/S and appt. next week. Just keep thinking positive, ladies!

I cannot do dresses. I've tried several on, but look so chubby and frumpy! My arms really bug me right now, too. I do better with knee length denim skirts and patterned tops, although I mostly hang around the house in jammies. ;)

#184 of 193 Old 08-02-2011, 08:20 PM

I had my ultrasound today! I am SO EXCITED - we are having a GIRL, after 2 boys, this is so exciting, its our last baby and I just feel we are complete now. Everything else looks good too, though they could not get a good measurement on the spine, so I have to go back on the 31st for them to recheck it - I saw it though, so I am sure everything is fine.

I also had my regular appointment and I was refferred to physical therapy to help with my pelvic pain/instablization, so I am happy about that - hopefully it will keep me more mobile than I was during my last pregnancy.

#185 of 193 Old 08-02-2011, 09:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Congratulations Lilmomma!  That is exciting!

So who is everyone planning on having attend their birth?  We had just been planning on having it be me and DH.  Our babysitter (who I love and is wonderful with DS) is 16 and really wants to be an OB nurse.  She has shadowed on a labor and delivery floor, but didn't get to see a birth which she was really hoping to see.  I was thinking of telling her that she could come if she wanted to but I don't know if that is weird.  Weird for her since she's 16 and weird for us since she's our babysitter and would have an unusually good view of my crotch for a few hours.  My sister was at DS's birth, sort of.  She stayed until I started pushing and came in before they finished stitching up my 3rd degree tear and the look on her face was pure horror.  I don't want to freak out a 16 year old considering my adult sister was traumatized.  I don't mind having others in the room from any other standpoint though and like the idea of someone going into that field seeing a natural birth (assuming I don't end up with a c-section).  I would have her leave right after the baby is born so we could bond solo.  So, I don't know...thoughts anyone? 

#186 of 193 Old 08-02-2011, 09:10 PM

I would invite her and leave it in her court. You could have an AMAZINGLY positive impact on her, it sounds like. nod.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by APToddlerMama View Post

Congratulations Lilmomma!  That is exciting!

So who is everyone planning on having attend their birth?  We had just been planning on having it be me and DH.  Our babysitter (who I love and is wonderful with DS) is 16 and really wants to be an OB nurse.  She has shadowed on a labor and delivery floor, but didn't get to see a birth which she was really hoping to see.  I was thinking of telling her that she could come if she wanted to but I don't know if that is weird.  Weird for her since she's 16 and weird for us since she's our babysitter and would have an unusually good view of my crotch for a few hours.  My sister was at DS's birth, sort of.  She stayed until I started pushing and came in before they finished stitching up my 3rd degree tear and the look on her face was pure horror.  I don't want to freak out a 16 year old considering my adult sister was traumatized.  I don't mind having others in the room from any other standpoint though and like the idea of someone going into that field seeing a natural birth (assuming I don't end up with a c-section).  I would have her leave right after the baby is born so we could bond solo.  So, I don't know...thoughts anyone? 

#187 of 193 Old 08-02-2011, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda Williams View Post

I would invite her and leave it in her court. You could have an AMAZINGLY positive impact on her, it sounds like. nod.gif

Thanks Amanda!  Would you ask her mom first?  I don't have a teenager so I don't know what is appropriate...

#188 of 193 Old 08-02-2011, 09:54 PM

I would probably ask the other yes, or if not first, just tell her to have her mom call you to confirm it's ok. 

And even if she doesn't see the 'action shots', it's still a very breathtaking and learning experience to be present at a birth. She'll still learn, and learning about natural birth is great in any form. Perhaps she could help act as a doula for you. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#189 of 193 Old 08-02-2011, 10:38 PM

Yes, I would definitely ask mom first. Until they're 18, (at least) I consider them still under their parents' "headship". ;)

Sounds exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by APToddlerMama View Post

Thanks Amanda!  Would you ask her mom first?  I don't have a teenager so I don't know what is appropriate...

#190 of 193 Old 08-03-2011, 07:10 AM

my morning is having an absolutely wonderful start, after my dp tossed and turned all night with an earache and i myself have a beastly cold, i have to wake up super early to go into my poorly paying job an hour before i usually do, well little did i know that instead of the usual 20 minutes it takes me, it took me 40 minutes, so i was late! plus my 91 VW vanagon has a radiator leak and is in endanger of overheating if you sit in traffic or catch to many red lights or if its moody.  so i finally get to work and the garage doors arent open so i get out open em, and go to pull in and CRUNCH! i have gouged out the side of my van with a Giant bolt that sticks out into the door, so lame, crying hysterically ruined the nice paint and pretty smooth sides, it would be less bad if it wasnt the second destructo thing ive done in a car since being pregnant.  first one i knocked over my neighbors motorcycle and totaled it by barely bumping it.  feeling like the worst driver ever.   doesnt help that dp has never hit anything in all his years of driving

heartbeat.gifMomma to baby boy Ember.babyf.gifborn at home 12/22/11.  Madly loving his daddy Thimble guitar.gif since 6/26/09. 

#191 of 193 Old 08-03-2011, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustydaisies View Post

my morning is having an absolutely wonderful start, after my dp tossed and turned all night with an earache and i myself have a beastly cold, i have to wake up super early to go into my poorly paying job an hour before i usually do, well little did i know that instead of the usual 20 minutes it takes me, it took me 40 minutes, so i was late! plus my 91 VW vanagon has a radiator leak and is in endanger of overheating if you sit in traffic or catch to many red lights or if its moody.  so i finally get to work and the garage doors arent open so i get out open em, and go to pull in and CRUNCH! i have gouged out the side of my van with a Giant bolt that sticks out into the door, so lame, crying hysterically ruined the nice paint and pretty smooth sides, it would be less bad if it wasnt the second destructo thing ive done in a car since being pregnant.  first one i knocked over my neighbors motorcycle and totaled it by barely bumping it.  feeling like the worst driver ever.   doesnt help that dp has never hit anything in all his years of driving

Oh yuck- what a way to start the day!

I hope it improves soon.  I've been lucky in the hitting things with a car realm, but my mother clobbered a post in a parking lot a few months ago, called the insurance to turn the claim in, and found that they had applied the wrong coverage, so the repair would not be covered.  She still can't open the door handle on the driver's door from the outside. It happens to everyone at some point. 

#192 of 193 Old 08-03-2011, 07:24 PM

Sorry Rusty- what a bummer!

APToddlerMama- slightly different situation sense I am the oldest of 8 and whitnessed 6 of my 7 younger siblings' home births lol...but, my mom was a doula for a family friend and I came along to baby sit, but, at the last minute they invited me to come in (with the toddler I was caring for) and whitness the birth..it was so neat! I would probably just double check with her parents like you mentioned, but, I think it would be a really neat gesture and would probably mean a lot to her even if she refused...and if she attends it may impact her and in turn many others if she does become an OB!

People to invite to birth- I am having a hospital birth, my boys will not be present - only because they will be insanely bored (I will probably be in the hospital for 15-20 hours, after laboring quite a bit at home). So my DH will be with my and my family will most likely take turns watching the boys and being with me...but, I am specifically inviting my mom, dad (haha I know it sounds wierd, but, he ended up in the room with me by chance when I was in labor with my first and he is AWESOME - he and my mom used to be Bradley Method (husband coached childbirth) instructors and then made up their on spin off of childbirth classes for a while, and he is just amazing - my absolute favorite labor suport person - probably the only one who never seems to do anything wrong lol, my sister who is closest in age, and then I am considering inviting my next down sister and my brother's girlfriend...not sure yet..... I mostly just go with the flow of whatever...just so long and my hubby and dad and mom are there anyone else is cool lol. I tend to be very much into myself anyway (not aware of my surroundings) and I don't even really open my eyes... and then I know my labor support people get tired too so they will probably give each other breaks.

#193 of 193 Old 08-04-2011, 10:25 AM

Wow!  This thread has been busy!  Wedding, ultrasounds, nesting - oh my!  Congratulations all aroundwhere they are appropriate!  I've been back and forth on the road with little internet access.  My blackberry is not quite smart enough to display this thread.  eyesroll.gif

So, looks like it's time to start an August thread ...

rustydaisies - hug2.gif  during my second pregnancy, I managed to put a nasty scrape on one of my minivan doors by pulling in to my parking place too close to a Tahoe's bumper.  The Tahoe owner, a friend of mine, had no damage.  I was so humiliated and had to live with that scrape for two more years until we replaced our van. blush.gif And, of course, my pregnancy hormones caused me to have to inform my friend in front of everyone at the  play date through my uncontrollable tears.bawling.gif

Just started the August Chat thread:  August Chat Thread

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page