Twins? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-13-2011, 08:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm not scheduled for my sonogram until the end of July, but I really think I'm having twins. This is my 3rd pregnancy. Morning sickness was the worst, I'm measuring a few weeks big (edd is not wrong and I've never measured big with other pgs), my belly is all uterus, and I feel movement EVERYWHERE. At first I thought I was just going to have a very big, very active baby. But, around 3am last night I felt some movement so I tried feeling around and I'm pretty sure I felt 2 babies. If so, Baby 1 was head down and the baby 2 was partially behind baby 1 and transverse. I'm trying really hard not to think about it too much until I have proof, and I don't want to look like a complete idiot by claiming it's twins and then being wrong. So, anyone BTDT? Does it sound like twins or am I just jumping to conclusions?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 07-13-2011, 09:00 AM

I can only comment on the morning sickness, but this is also my third pregnancy and I have felt, and still feel, SO much worse than my other two...like a million times worse.  I had a dating ultrasound at about 12 weeks, though, that confirmed only one baby in there, so I know that can't explain the morning sickness.  I can't comment on the movement, though, because at 17 weeks, I'm still barely feeling movement this time around.

How do you feel about the possibility of twins?

#3 of 4 Old 07-13-2011, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

Well, our plan is to have 4 kids so twins would be fine with us. The thought is a little overwhelming right now though. My other 2 dc will be almost 4 and 2 when this baby (or babies) is born.

#4 of 4 Old 07-13-2011, 12:50 PM

I found out that I was having twins pretty early on - at a 12 wk sequential screening US.  Prior to that I knew I was measuring large (I could feel the top of my uterus at the pelvic brim at 8wks) and was pretty sure of my dates (but it only briefly crossed my mind that I could be having twins - I was convinced I had developed a fibroid or something!)  Other than that I really just had a lot more fatigue and bodyaches/round lig pain then my previous pregnancy.  Currently I do feel movement often in two distinct locations but I remember feeling movement all over with my first pregnancy as well so I don't know how helpful that is.  I think I feel more in one area because one of my placentas is anterior which I think buffers some movement.

Good luck with your ultrasound.  I was not very enthusiastic when I found out that I was having twins (I was aiming for two kids total and this wasn't going to fit with my birthplan - ha ha) but I have completely accepted it at this point and I'm pretty excited.  I've always searched out ways to challenge myself and I'm looking at this as a rewarding life experience.

mama to dust.gifdd 8/09 and slingtwin.gif dd + ds 11/11

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page