How are you telling everyone the gender? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 07-14-2011, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm going to do this: http://pinterest.com/pin/63239047/ with either pink for a girl, or blue for a boy.. then posting the picture on facebook ;)

creative crunchy christian wife to J stillheart.gif, Mama to three boys and one baby on the way!  chicken3.gif  doula in training love.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 07-15-2011, 07:40 AM

That looks cool! Do you think people will get it though? Or just think you dyed your hair wink1.gif

27 y/o treehugger.gif  & DH geek.gif married 7/3/10. Living in Maryland with 3 cat.gifand 2 dog2.gifand one luxlove.gif on the way!

Our Easter BFP pos.gif will bring us a New Years Baby due 12/30

#3 of 11 Old 07-15-2011, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

Well I posted on FB already that it was my plan, and I figured I would post a few teasers before I post the pic ;)

creative crunchy christian wife to J stillheart.gif, Mama to three boys and one baby on the way!  chicken3.gif  doula in training love.gif

#4 of 11 Old 07-15-2011, 07:22 PM

Well, we'll call them from the hospital and tell them the baby's sex, as well as his/her name and weight. ;) (We're waiting to find out until birth.)

JoAnna

DH Collin

DD Elanor (8), DS William (5), DD Violet (3), DS Gabriel (1), DS Peter (born Oct. '13)

Noel (12/06) and Christian (03/09), always in my heart

#5 of 11 Old 07-16-2011, 07:12 AM

we did the cupcake thing, and it was a big hit.  a local bakery piped blue (!!!) icing inside, and decorated the outside in a gender neutral baby theme.  we left them at our parents' houses while they were out work, so they came home to a yummy cupcake surprise!  it was a lot of fun!!

mama to four
eliza jane 7.07 :: henry cale 8.07 :: naomi penn 7.09 :: simon otto 12.11

#6 of 11 Old 07-16-2011, 09:44 AM

We find out the day before my birthday, and then I have that whole weekend off (off at 330pm on Friday and saturday and sunday both off) so we'll probably do a couple BBQ's. I'm leaning towards doing the cupcake thing, or something similar. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#7 of 11 Old 07-18-2011, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaecho View Post

Well I posted on FB already that it was my plan, and I figured I would post a few teasers before I post the pic ;)

Ah, that will make it more clear. Very cool! thumb.gif

27 y/o treehugger.gif  & DH geek.gif married 7/3/10. Living in Maryland with 3 cat.gifand 2 dog2.gifand one luxlove.gif on the way!

Our Easter BFP pos.gif will bring us a New Years Baby due 12/30

#8 of 11 Old 07-18-2011, 08:39 AM

When we go for our ultrasound (in 3 days!!), we'll have him write it on paper and put in an envelope. We r going to let our 5 yr old open it first and tell us. Then we'll have him call our family and tell them. I really wanted to make him feel like he's a part of this whole thing.
BennyPai likes this.

Mom to my little super hero superhero.gif (02/06) and our super hero-in-training femalesling.GIF (11/11).

#9 of 11 Old 08-04-2011, 01:00 PM

We're not finding out at all.  When baby arrives, we'll announce his or her full name, birthdate, height/weight, all that stuff.  Everyone's kind of irritated with us for not finding out, but I'm super excited! And I'll be the first one to see it since we're having him/her at home in water and will just pick it up and look! biggrinbounce.gif

Kaiti, in heartbeat.gif with Shane, astrological mama to spitdrink.gif Sophie *12.27.05*, praying.gif Maya *09.25.07*, sleepytime.gif Phoenix *08.23.09* & 3rdtri.gif due *12.04.11*  Having a hbac.gif waterbirth.jpg lotbirth.gif after 3 cesareans!

#10 of 11 Old 08-04-2011, 02:56 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

We'll find out at the birth and IF it's a reasonable hour, I'll let the kids go outside with pots and spoons to bang and they can yell it out! My mom will probably be here and get on the phone shortly after the birth... usually by the time I think of picking up the phone, everyone already knows!

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#11 of 11 Old 08-04-2011, 03:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

These ideas are adorable!  lurk.gif  Our babe's gender will be a surprise again, but I can still have fun with these announcement ideas... 

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page