I've been lurking... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 08-13-2011, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

and thought I should introduce myself! I am due on December 3rd with #7. My first two were c-sections then I had 4 hospital VBA2Cs. Due to the increasingly hostile environment surrounding VBACs, I am planning my first homebirth and I am really excited about it! I'm 45 and had several losses between these last two little ones, so I am pretty sure this will be our last. I'm trying to take each day as it comes and appreciate every moment of this pregnancy. Looking forward to getting to know y'all!

Kimberly

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 08-13-2011, 09:16 PM

Welcome!! I'm expecting our first child December 31 :D (I myself am a december baby!)

in love with and married to my best friend ♥ snuggling my baby girl Ari Grace, 12-4-11

#3 of 9 Old 08-15-2011, 12:51 AM

Hi! I've been lurking quite a bit too...thanks for the motivation to just go ahead and introduce myself too! First off, let me wish you the best of luck with your homebirth Kimberly. I hope it is a beautiful, moving experience for you. :) Avery, congrats on your first! How exciting!

My name is Erin, and I'm expecting my second baby December 29. We had a homebirth with our first in January of 2010, and we're planning another homebirth, although we're out shopping for a new midwife for this go 'round. A bit stressful at 20+ weeks to be changing care providers, but we'll make it...we have several promising prospects! My one and only u/s is scheduled for tomorrow (well, technically today!) Very excited to find out if our son will have a baby brother or sister.

Congrats and good luck again to both of you ladies! Blessings!

#4 of 9 Old 08-15-2011, 10:18 AM

Thanks! Welcome and good luck to you too!! I'm switching doctors as well...the one I have currently is my MIL's, and was really rude to me when I was asking questions >_> (Dr. Rita Sanders, FYI. I think she might be great for someone who's had more than one kid, but for me having my first, she was pretty short/irritated/condescending/rude about my questions and concerns.)

in love with and married to my best friend ♥ snuggling my baby girl Ari Grace, 12-4-11

#5 of 9 Old 08-15-2011, 11:50 AM

Yeah, you definitely don't need that! Your questions and concerns should be answered thoroughly, with care and compassion. Good luck in your search! As of right now, I have two consultation appointments in the next couple of days with two potential midwives. Both have a LOT more experience (and already seem much more down-to-earth and approachable) than my current midwife, and both showed a lot of promise!

#6 of 9 Old 08-15-2011, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

I definitely agree with Erin...you don't need - or deserve - a doctor like that! If she's that way now, I can't imagine how she would act during your birth. I assume you're planning a hospital birth? If so, I would definitely recommend finding a practice that emphasized the midwifery model of care. The practice that I used for my last four was made up of 3 docs and 4 midwives. The only birth that was attended only by a doctor was my last and she was wonderful! Kicked her shoes off and sat cross-legged on the end of the bed telling stories of her parents and her childhood until I was ready to push LOL. She was more like a midwife than most doctors that I've met. Unfortunately, she retired shortly after that and the practice changed their VBAC policy and dropped me as a patient :(

Best of luck to both of you!!

#7 of 9 Old 08-15-2011, 03:51 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Hi and welcome to all of you!

Sowega, that totally sucks! After four vaginal births, one would think your uterus had proven itself! I guess they can't make exceptions to their stupid policy, though they should have been able to grandfather-out their existing patients, at least!

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#8 of 9 Old 08-15-2011, 07:19 PM

Welcome!! :)

I am expecting my second son Dec.31st. :)

I was born on December 15th! I love December people! :)

And October people! haha

Happily married to DH stillheart.gif for 11 years. Proud Mama bf.jpg of DS1 jammin.gif (10) and DS2  babyf.gif(12 m/o)

#9 of 9 Old 08-17-2011, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummoth View Post

Hi and welcome to all of you!

Sowega, that totally sucks! After four vaginal births, one would think your uterus had proven itself! I guess they can't make exceptions to their stupid policy, though they should have been able to grandfather-out their existing patients, at least!

Agreed! Clearly, having successfully had a VBAC before, you're still a great candidate! Can't believe they flat out dropped you. Its stressful shopping around for a new care provider...don't we have enough to worry about already?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page