Can we have a complaining thread too? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 241 Old 08-22-2011, 02:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

UGH! The heat is horrible... and then I'm having the issue of not eating enough so I feel like crap. Boo.

creative crunchy christian wife to J stillheart.gif, Mama to three boys and one baby on the way!  chicken3.gif  doula in training love.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 241 Old 08-22-2011, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

How are you doing insidevoice?

I am also feeling like my body is defective.  I am so big and I cannot breaaaaaaaathe after I eat. I seriously look 9 months pregnant and there is just no room in there already.  I am going to my OB later today and really wigged out and fearful that she is going to try to touch my cervix when she does the FFN test even though I am going to tell her not to :(. 

#33 of 241 Old 08-22-2011, 04:11 PM

I'm having a very lazy day.  Dinner is only going to be cold sandwiches and a pasta salad I can toss together in about 10 minutes.  The water wasn't helping much, but I drank a BIG bottle of gatorade and that seems to have helped some.  

Ugh, I'm feeling grateful that I haven't hit the 'big and uncomfortable' point yet.  I hope your appointment goes well later today! 

#34 of 241 Old 08-23-2011, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter

I'm glad the gatorade helped a little insidevoice.  My appointment went well.  OB kept her fingers out of my vagina and FFN was negative.  Yipeeeeee!  So much for complaining today ;).  I am sure I will be back to complain tomorrow!

#35 of 241 Old 08-23-2011, 05:44 PM

insidevoice-- I lived on gatorade during my MS weeks. Even when I didn't feel like drinking it, I could tell after even 1/3 of a bottle that it was helping. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#36 of 241 Old 08-23-2011, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by APToddlerMama View Post

My appointment went well.  OB kept her fingers out of my vagina and FFN was negative.  Yipeeeeee!  So much for complaining today ;).  I am sure I will be back to complain tomorrow!

Woohoo!  I am, however, obligated that this may be the most amusing sentence phrasing of the day. :)

#37 of 241 Old 08-23-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post

insidevoice-- I lived on gatorade during my MS weeks. Even when I didn't feel like drinking it, I could tell after even 1/3 of a bottle that it was helping. 

It's kind of amazing.  I don't drink it routinely, but it has been helping a lot. We are having a heat wave so maybe I'm not tolerating it as well as I would like to think. 

#38 of 241 Old 08-24-2011, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidevoice View Post

Woohoo!  I am, however, obligated that this may be the most amusing sentence phrasing of the day. :)

Lol!!

#39 of 241 Old 08-24-2011, 02:17 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I have pretty much the worst sunburn of my life because my brilliant pregnant self forgot about sunscreen at the water park yesterday, where we spent seven hours. We didn't remember until i was too late because the water was nice and cold. So we're housebound today while we heal, and DS is grumpy! 

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#40 of 241 Old 08-25-2011, 06:40 PM

Mummoth - use vinegar to take the heat out of your burn and it'll tan/ not peel. Soak washcloths, put on the burn, when the cloths heat up, rinse in vinegar and repeat until the burn isn't fevery to the touch.

and PS sunscreens are not necc good for you - I encourage everyone to do some research on the ingredients!

#41 of 241 Old 08-25-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarena View Post

Mummoth - use vinegar to take the heat out of your burn and it'll tan/ not peel. Soak washcloths, put on the burn, when the cloths heat up, rinse in vinegar and repeat until the burn isn't fevery to the touch.

and PS sunscreens are not necc good for you - I encourage everyone to do some research on the ingredients!

Thanks for the vinegar tip, I've been using aloe so far but I'll give it a try. I won't tan, I'm a redhead so it's burnt or pasty white between the freckles and no in between. I'm more of an ignorance is bliss kind of girl, I like the way coppertone smells!

#42 of 241 Old 08-26-2011, 08:40 AM

Made it to the fair yesterday.  I took our big bike trailer stroller instead of smaller stuff- with the huge wheels it made pushing around 70+ pounds of little boy much easier.  I did get tired in the heat, but overall we did pretty well.  Obviously, I had to take it pretty easy so DD had to do the rides on her own while I sat on a bench talking to the little guys and watching, but it was a fun day.  

I have *absolutely* no tolerance for the sun now though, and will probably be a pale pink color for a few days.  Luckily it's not a bad burn, just annoying.  The kids didn't have a problem at all though (the littles have a sunshade built in on the stroller and DD doesn't burn- she tans.)

Now I need to  clean the house and fix all the stuff I've been putting off doing for a few days.  If my ctx pick up though, I'll hire someone to mop the floors and do the heavier stuff. 

#43 of 241 Old 08-28-2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendizbaby View Post

I am really relieved that I am not the only one experiencing all of these symptoms!!  I don't remember being so tired and achy with my first one.  It's amazing how you forgot all of these things and I've been looking back on my pregnancy as a wonderful, enjoyable time all of these years.  :)  I was beginning to think that I just have a defective body and complain too much, but you all seem to be feeling a lot like me too.  

This thread is great! :)

Yes, this, exactly.  I don't remember feeling so tired and achy with my first, born in 2004, and there's *still* plenty of pregnancy to go.  I think exercising in pregnancy is great, I just don't have the energy for it.  Have resolved to start swimming a couple of times a week on my days off once school starts. 

#44 of 241 Old 08-29-2011, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Today, I want to complain about week 18 of pelvic rest, DH being out of state for work all week, and the fact that at 25.5 weeks my belly button is almost totally popped out even though with DS, it wasn't popped at all when he was born at 35 weeks.  Gross!  How are the rest of you doing? 

#45 of 241 Old 08-29-2011, 06:20 PM

I am popping out of my clothes and feeling extremely hot! Its 117 degrees here!

I am getting BH hicks, and I don't like them. They always freak me out!

I also think DS and I are coming down with a cold, yay, a summer cold. Those suck!!!!!!

Oh and my DS is doing 4th grade home work (he's 3rd grade) and sometimes he needs my help and I feel like my pregnant brain is fried. I have alot of uhhhhhhhh moments lately!

But other then that, everything is groovy. lol!!!!!!

Happily married to DH stillheart.gif for 11 years. Proud Mama bf.jpg of DS1 jammin.gif (10) and DS2  babyf.gif(12 m/o)

#46 of 241 Old 08-29-2011, 06:21 PM

I am sorry your DH is out of town. My husband just got back after being gone for ten days and they were the longest ten days of my life! I always worry about something happening while he was away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by APToddlerMama View Post

Today, I want to complain about week 18 of pelvic rest, DH being out of state for work all week, and the fact that at 25.5 weeks my belly button is almost totally popped out even though with DS, it wasn't popped at all when he was born at 35 weeks.  Gross!  How are the rest of you doing? 

Happily married to DH stillheart.gif for 11 years. Proud Mama bf.jpg of DS1 jammin.gif (10) and DS2  babyf.gif(12 m/o)

#47 of 241 Old 08-29-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshinesInAZ View Post

I am popping out of my clothes and feeling extremely hot! Its 117 degrees here!

I am getting BH hicks, and I don't like them. They always freak me out!

I also think DS and I are coming down with a cold, yay, a summer cold. Those suck!!!!!!

Oh and my DS is doing 4th grade home work (he's 3rd grade) and sometimes he needs my help and I feel like my pregnant brain is fried. I have alot of uhhhhhhhh moments lately!

But other then that, everything is groovy. lol!!!!!!

When DD was doing 4th grade work it was the first time I actually had to think about what we were doing.  Before that it was totally mindless. It did a HUGE number on my ego as a woman with an 'advanced degree.' 

Now she's doing higher maths and I find myself having to actually do some work the day before we cover something to dust the rust off.... (we homeschool) telling your nine year old you have to look up how to do something does not instill confidence!

I've already realized that once she wants advanced calculus I'm toast. I took the class, I know I did ok, but doing it again?  ACK!!  

#48 of 241 Old 08-29-2011, 07:49 PM

Heartburn, heartburn, heartburn.

I hate you, heartburn.  Now go away.

Mom to my little super hero superhero.gif (02/06) and our super hero-in-training femalesling.GIF (11/11).

#49 of 241 Old 08-29-2011, 08:11 PM

*eye twitch*

Today was the first day my after school care kid, B, came back from summer break. School starts in a week but B's mom starts back this week... no problem! When there's no school B stays with her Grandma (who works afternoons) in the morning, and gets dropped off here between noon and two. I figured that was the plan until I happened to look at my cell at 7:30 this morning, and saw a text from the mom saying she'd drop B off this morning at.. you guessed it! 7:30!! I ran to get dressed and luckily had enough time for that. That wasn't bad... I was looking forward to seeing B anyway, I was just planning on cleaning the bathroom and making the kids tidy their rooms before she arrived, so they couldn't blame their mess on her.

Within about 15 minutes of B arriving, DS & DD are getting along *really* well. I listen, and DS is excluding B from their game. B and DS both like being the boss and it ends up that they sort of compete for DD's attention (which she loves) My rule is "You play with everyone, or you play by yourself." so I send DS to his room for a talking to and the first thing that flew out of my mouth was "Okay, stop acting like a jerk!!" I went over the rules again with everyone and they started playing nice.

I had the kids clean their rooms, then DD and B started colouring and playing games at the kitchen table. I reminded them they need to clean up one thing before they start another and DD fought me every step of the way. Seriously? Kid, I'm telling you to do it now while B has to help, so you won't get stuck doing it on your own later!

B had brought a noodle bowl for lunch, and my kids had some noodle cups left from camping, so that was their lunch. B ate about half of it and announced she was 'stuffed'. A few minutes later, DS said he was still hungry. I asked if he was finished his noodles and he said yes, so I said he could make himself a sandwich. B said "There's sandwich stuff?" and I said "Yes, but you still have noodles." So she dumped them in the garbage, and went and stood over by DS like she was going to make a sandwich! I pointed out that she still had snacks in her lunch bag and put the sandwich things away. She's welcome to choose something from our cupboard instead of her lunch, but don't waste food when you realize there was a more appealing option than what you've already started. The sandwich stuff will be there tomorrow, too.

My two were running in the house. Running! When they were cleaning their rooms I went to do laundry, and they were tossing dirty clothes down the stairs AT me. They were bouncing a balloon around the kitchen. I sent out to the yard and when I checked on them, DD was digging a hole on the patch where we planted new grass. It's like they just randomly forgot how to behave like little humans. Whenever I got after them for something, B rolled her eyes and said "Kids!" LOL... she's 10 & DS is 9... "Kids!" That really cracked me up. 

After she went home, I decided to take a shower and finally clean the bathroom. I'm short so when I wash the tub/shower surround I just strip down and do it naked and stay in for a shower. that way I don't get drips all over my clothes and I can reach everything easily. Let me tell you.... Tilex and blistery, peeling sunburns DO NOT MIX!! Is it bedtime yet?

#50 of 241 Old 08-29-2011, 08:12 PM

Sorry about that. I feel better now.

#51 of 241 Old 08-29-2011, 08:18 PM

You know, I feel really dumb lately helping him with his 4th grade math!
I have to look it up online sometimes too. hahahaa!

So if you hear crack, rumble and POP its my brain hahahaha!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidevoice View Post

When DD was doing 4th grade work it was the first time I actually had to think about what we were doing.  Before that it was totally mindless. It did a HUGE number on my ego as a woman with an 'advanced degree.' 

Now she's doing higher maths and I find myself having to actually do some work the day before we cover something to dust the rust off.... (we homeschool) telling your nine year old you have to look up how to do something does not instill confidence!

I've already realized that once she wants advanced calculus I'm toast. I took the class, I know I did ok, but doing it again?  ACK!!  

#52 of 241 Old 08-29-2011, 08:19 PM

HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your day sounds extremely tiring!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummoth View Post

*eye twitch*

Today was the first day my after school care kid, B, came back from summer break. School starts in a week but B's mom starts back this week... no problem! When there's no school B stays with her Grandma (who works afternoons) in the morning, and gets dropped off here between noon and two. I figured that was the plan until I happened to look at my cell at 7:30 this morning, and saw a text from the mom saying she'd drop B off this morning at.. you guessed it! 7:30!! I ran to get dressed and luckily had enough time for that. That wasn't bad... I was looking forward to seeing B anyway, I was just planning on cleaning the bathroom and making the kids tidy their rooms before she arrived, so they couldn't blame their mess on her.

Within about 15 minutes of B arriving, DS & DD are getting along *really* well. I listen, and DS is excluding B from their game. B and DS both like being the boss and it ends up that they sort of compete for DD's attention (which she loves) My rule is "You play with everyone, or you play by yourself." so I send DS to his room for a talking to and the first thing that flew out of my mouth was "Okay, stop acting like a jerk!!" I went over the rules again with everyone and they started playing nice.

I had the kids clean their rooms, then DD and B started colouring and playing games at the kitchen table. I reminded them they need to clean up one thing before they start another and DD fought me every step of the way. Seriously? Kid, I'm telling you to do it now while B has to help, so you won't get stuck doing it on your own later!

B had brought a noodle bowl for lunch, and my kids had some noodle cups left from camping, so that was their lunch. B ate about half of it and announced she was 'stuffed'. A few minutes later, DS said he was still hungry. I asked if he was finished his noodles and he said yes, so I said he could make himself a sandwich. B said "There's sandwich stuff?" and I said "Yes, but you still have noodles." So she dumped them in the garbage, and went and stood over by DS like she was going to make a sandwich! I pointed out that she still had snacks in her lunch bag and put the sandwich things away. She's welcome to choose something from our cupboard instead of her lunch, but don't waste food when you realize there was a more appealing option than what you've already started. The sandwich stuff will be there tomorrow, too.

My two were running in the house. Running! When they were cleaning their rooms I went to do laundry, and they were tossing dirty clothes down the stairs AT me. They were bouncing a balloon around the kitchen. I sent out to the yard and when I checked on them, DD was digging a hole on the patch where we planted new grass. It's like they just randomly forgot how to behave like little humans. Whenever I got after them for something, B rolled her eyes and said "Kids!" LOL... she's 10 & DS is 9... "Kids!" That really cracked me up. 

After she went home, I decided to take a shower and finally clean the bathroom. I'm short so when I wash the tub/shower surround I just strip down and do it naked and stay in for a shower. that way I don't get drips all over my clothes and I can reach everything easily. Let me tell you.... Tilex and blistery, peeling sunburns DO NOT MIX!! Is it bedtime yet?

#53 of 241 Old 08-30-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummoth View Post

Thanks for the vinegar tip, I've been using aloe so far but I'll give it a try. I won't tan, I'm a redhead so it's burnt or pasty white between the freckles and no in between. I'm more of an ignorance is bliss kind of girl, I like the way coppertone smells!

You just might tan anyway with the vinegar. I am pasty white, green eyes, hair is not quite red unless I'm in the sun - I tan if I burn and then use vinegar, go figure :) I had avoided the sun for anything longer than 10 minutes for over a decade and recently I discovered this :)

#54 of 241 Old 08-31-2011, 09:43 AM

I'm hungry ALL THE TIME. I think part of it is that I'm feeling slightly yucky and it feels better to eat. The other part is I probably need to eat more protein. I am in need of a trip to the store, so we're in "clean out the panty/frig" mode and it's getting challenging. I can't wait to go to Costco Thursday and get more fuits and fresh stuff to nibble on. I love baking, and even cooking, but not always having to do it 3xs a day for three kids and myself.

The kids want tuna salad today which is great, except I really don't like tuna- so I think I'll make myself some egg salad or something. Sigh. I'm glad they like it, really, but I don't like making two things. Normally I'd just have leftovers, but we don't have any!

CPST, LLL and Mom to a 9yr old animal lovin' girl, 6yr old wild man,  4 yr old cuddle bug and 1 year old "little brother."

Now we are growing the family with chickens, ducks, and dairy goats.

#55 of 241 Old 08-31-2011, 10:49 AM

vacation is canceled for this coming week.... boo.  Anyone know of any last minute vacation deals for east coast folks (midatlantic ideally) let me know.  I'm not interested in roughing it at this point and would love a spot with a pool and hot tub.  Would love to find a beach house but I'm not very optimistic at this point.

Very stressful arranging a multifamily family vacation just to have it fall apart a week before it supposed to start.

O/w I am tired and have heart burn and hip pain and feel so not hungry right now - I know I should be eating more frequent meals but nothing is appetizing.

Oh and my birthday is tomorrow and I have to work the overnight shift so I can't go do anything.  And I will be officially AMA.

mama to dust.gifdd 8/09 and slingtwin.gif dd + ds 11/11

#56 of 241 Old 08-31-2011, 10:51 AM

I have sporadic days of insane hunger where I could take in probably 4,000 calories easily.  It is so hard to do that in a healthy way.  I'm eating pretty nutrient-dense foods, I think.  High protein, high fat.  Lots of yogurt and cottage cheese, eggs.  But on hungry days, I really just want a huge, greasy hamburger.  Unfortunately, I'm already having a hard time fitting food in and digestion has slowed down a lot.  So when I do allow myself the huge burger, I end up just looking at it, still hungry, but with no more room.  :(

In addition to the no room problem - ow my ribs!!!  Ok, my uterus is just past my belly button.  I have a pretty long torso.  I realize things are going to get pushed up ... eventually, but I've gone from a 32 chest to a 38 chest.  The bras that I bought way back when my boobs got "big" are now tight around my chest.  This has to stop at some point, right?  My ribs are sore!  They can only expand so much!  I'm only 23 weeks!!!  Has this happened to anybody else?  I'm thinking about wrapping them or something to keep them in place.  Whiiiiine!!!  Also, what I've seen about dealing with rib pain is to do stretches.  Why would I want to stretch them out any more than they already are???

#57 of 241 Old 08-31-2011, 11:19 AM

I'm getting a little bit of rib pain, it was bad for about a week around... 24 weeks? and since then it's only sporadicly. 

But add me to the *stomp stomp* I'm hungry group!  I'm hungry all the time, and for such yummy flavorful food... but I'm also trying to limit my weight gain a little bit as it sped up more than I wanted the last few weeks. I'm at 26 weeks, and up about 23lbs-- but with 14 weeks left, and 1-2lbs per week... I really don't want to hit 45lbs. I was slim to begin with, but not underweight, so there's no real need for me to gain 45, or for me to have weeks like I have been, where I gain 2-3 instead of 1-2. 

So... I'm trying to stuff myself with veggies and fruits instead, but I feel like I could eat all day long if people kept preparing it. And I want to allow myself some extra wiggle room for baby girl to really pack on the pounds around 32-37 weeks, so that means making smart decisions now. 

But I don't wannnnnnnt to!

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#58 of 241 Old 08-31-2011, 11:35 AM

How about not sleeping? I cannot seem to get comfortable no matter what I try. I am exhausted all the time so I know I should be tired enough to sleep but I can't. I tried a body pillow which was okay and then someone gave me a Leachco snoogle which actually helped for a while, but now it's like no matter what I do I can't find a comfortable position for my hips. Ow!

Plus from 2 am - 5 am kiddo is clunking around like crazy and keeping me awake. I mean, it's cool to be able to feel him and I am glad he's moving, but does he have to stab be in the cervix all night? blush.gif

27 y/o treehugger.gif  & DH geek.gif married 7/3/10. Living in Maryland with 3 cat.gifand 2 dog2.gifand one luxlove.gif on the way!

Our Easter BFP pos.gif will bring us a New Years Baby due 12/30

#59 of 241 Old 08-31-2011, 12:14 PM

My back is hurting again. It was perfectly fine all yesterday, because I was sitting all day. I got up and made lasagna...by the time it was finished, I couldn't wait to sit down again. >< I've had back troubles pretty much my whole life (thanks to my dad's genes I'm a permanent swayback...as if I were wearing 6" heels ALL the time...so pregnancy makes things so much worse).

in love with and married to my best friend ♥ snuggling my baby girl Ari Grace, 12-4-11

#60 of 241 Old 09-01-2011, 08:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshinesInAZ View Post

I am sorry your DH is out of town. My husband just got back after being gone for ten days and they were the longest ten days of my life! I always worry about something happening while he was away.

Thanks, Mama!  It is rough...that is my fear too...that something will happen while he's gone.  Only one day left for this week although he is gone about half the time usually.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page