Forum Jump: 

#61 of 241 Old 09-01-2011, 08:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

HUGS!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by APToddlerMama View Post

Thanks, Mama!  It is rough...that is my fear too...that something will happen while he's gone.  Only one day left for this week although he is gone about half the time usually.

Happily married to DH stillheart.gif for 11 years. Proud Mama bf.jpg of DS1 jammin.gif (10) and DS2  babyf.gif(12 m/o)

#62 of 241 Old 09-01-2011, 09:10 AM

Another lovely addition to my complaints: hip pain, my old friend.

I've been putting off findin a new Chiro since the one I LOVED when I was pregnant last time moved out of state. It's going to have to be soon. One hip starting really hurting last night. I know it will be worth it, but I just hate spending $$ on it when we are being so careful and also paying the m/w oop. I'm hoping I can get away with once every 3-4 weeks until I'll 36 weeks.

CPST, LLL and Mom to a 9yr old animal lovin' girl, 6yr old wild man,  4 yr old cuddle bug and 1 year old "little brother."

Now we are growing the family with chickens, ducks, and dairy goats.

#63 of 241 Old 09-01-2011, 10:59 AM

I'm with you on the can't find a comfy way to sleep thing. I flip from side to side all night and by morning I can't get comfortable on either side at all, lots of pain in my hips from laying on them for long periods of time and my legs can't find a comfortable position. I haven't been successful with pillows, but maybe I should try again?

I'm Heather, newly married (12/5/10) to James! partners.gif
We are currently "mama" and "papa" to Maisy cat.gif and soon... parents to BABY NEW YEAR 2012!! babyf.gifWe're happily planning a h20homebirth.gif and intend to femalesling.GIFbfinfant.gifdiaper.gif

#64 of 241 Old 09-01-2011, 01:10 PM

I'm tired of constantly having to pee at night.  It wouldn't be a HUGE problem, but I have two little boys cosleeping and I hate waking them up.  Grr. 

Otherwise, I'm moderately ok.  For sleeping, look into body pillows and memory foam toppers for beds- they can help a lot.  I haven't reached that point yet. I am still comfy sleeping on my stomach sometimes.

DH is heading off to work on a cruise next week, so I won't be able to reach him for a couple weeks, but I'm sure everything will be ok.  If not, I'll deal with whatever is thrown our way. Luckily, I've gotten pretty comfortable with being on my own over the past months.  I miss DH, but I don't feel the anxiety I once did when he had to travel etc.  As much as this year has been hard, I've grown a lot and become stronger and more independent than I was.  

#65 of 241 Old 09-01-2011, 01:24 PM

I hate getting up to pee so much too!!! Just because I'm SO tired of it, I don't get enough sleep anyway, etc.

Also my back hurts again really bad. Last month around this time, it was hurting so bad I could barely walk...I'm hoping it doesn't get that way again!! We are moving to a different apartment and I can't carry anything or even stand for very long. I feel really useless ><

in love with and married to my best friend ♥ snuggling my baby girl Ari Grace, 12-4-11

#66 of 241 Old 09-01-2011, 03:42 PM

ALLERGIES!!!????!!!! WTF?!? I know, I *could* take something, but why bother...

Melissa-Mama to Allyson carrot.gif 1-22-07 and Katelyn homebirth.jpg 5-14-09 and Paul 1-2-12 my 10 lb 6oz. homebirthed baby boy.

#67 of 241 Old 09-01-2011, 08:26 PM

I would like to be able to breathe through both nostrils!!

I've got a cold/allergies whatever it is, and everytime I go to bed, one nostril is stuffed!

Its so irritating! This heat is killing me, I don't want anymore 110+ weather!!

Happily married to DH stillheart.gif for 11 years. Proud Mama bf.jpg of DS1 jammin.gif (10) and DS2  babyf.gif(12 m/o)

#68 of 241 Old 09-02-2011, 10:50 AM

I had a slight sniffle 2 days ago, then a scratchy throat, then a little post nasal drip...  I woke up today completely congested.  given the geographic diversity of people on the board with these symptoms I guess I can't blame it on hurricane irene.

I took some claritin and I'm hoping it will help a little.

DD has the same thing but her's is coupled with a painful sounding cough :(

mama to dust.gifdd 8/09 and slingtwin.gif dd + ds 11/11

#69 of 241 Old 09-06-2011, 08:04 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Wow!  This thread is so much busier than the regular chat thread.  I've just made a second post in the chat thread that seems to belong in here... first post I was boo-hooing about having to drop my classes and deliver my application for a leave of absence.   Today's post:

My daughters and their run-in with a yellow jacket nest over the weekend.  ER visit followed.  Both girls fine.  Toddler was amazingly well-behaved.  Now they're mostly healed, but still having nightmares so I'm needing to figure out a way to ease their minds... 6yoDD had over 20 stings, 7yo DD had 15.  Luckily, 2yo DD was not with them!  I don't want to post the details twice - but Holy Crap! 

And another complaint:  Why the CRAP does stuff like this happen when DP isn't home???? He was home several days working on renovations before this happened. irked.gifThis evening, I had to text him on the cell phone - he was at a meeting with a potential customer and his cell was out of range.  banghead.gif  Luckily, he got my texts and met us at the ER just as 2yo DD was beginning to want to explore the exam room ...

Here are some pics:

7yoDD displaying one of her stings and her "battle badge" (ID bracelet from the ER)

ZetaYJ.jpg 6yo DD's lip sting after being dosed with bendadryl twice:RaleyYJ.jpg

And one of the culprits, DEADYellowJacket.jpg

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
#70 of 241 Old 09-06-2011, 10:36 AM

Oh gosh- how scary!  I stepped on a nest when I was about 4, and while I was ok at that time, the excessive number of stings at one time sensitized me and I now have an allergic response to stings from all bees/wasps, as well as most ant bites.  Epi Pens are part of my warm weather life.  This may be something to be aware of going forward with your kids, because someone sensitized as the result of a situation like this will tend to have a VERY rapid anaphylactic response in the future.  Your girls may not have become sensitized, but the way we found out that I was was after a single sting a couple years later- I spent a couple days in the ICU with breathing tubes.  Full anaphylaxis had set in in less than five minutes. Previously, I had been stung at various times throughout my life (hey, we liked the woods!) with only normal bee-sting responses.

I am so glad though that hey are doing better, and you did exactly what you needed to- Supermom moment for sure!

#71 of 241 Old 09-06-2011, 11:41 AM

Anyone else having intense BH already? I literally have to stand up because my pants dig into my belly when the contractions come and it hurts so much. I've even had to pace through a couple of them. We had a welcome home party for a friend on Saturday and I stood up and paced a few times during the party and then had to explain that I was having contractions and THEN I had to explain that they weren't *those* kind of contractions. The BH even wake me up in the middle of the night sometimes. I didn't start getting BH with DD until I was at least 30 weeks, and they were never this intense. Ugh.

Wife to DH stillheart.gif 08/09 and SAHM to DD 09/08 and DS 11/11

Surprise! Expecting #3 Nov. 2013!
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36 yikes2.gif **40

#72 of 241 Old 09-06-2011, 12:00 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Ow!! That lip looks so sore! I'm glad the kids are okay.

Caitlin, yes!! I'm having major BH this time... I told the kids while I was having one and they could even feel the difference. 

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#73 of 241 Old 09-06-2011, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

BennyPai--I am so sorry!  That sounds so awful.  It really sucks seeing your kids in pain. 

Caitlin--My BH are picking up in intensity.  I'm not in a ton of pain but I am cringing a little and hate it when it happens when I'm with other people.  I try not to mention it and keep my face calm because I don't want to panic anyone since I know this is normal for me.  Just annoying. 

My complaint today...I think I have strep throat again.  I was on something like four courses of antibiotics for strep earlier in the pregnancy and just don't want to do them again, but looks like I can plan on it :(. 

#74 of 241 Old 09-06-2011, 06:26 PM

BennyPai- how awful! I'm glad they are "ok"

APToddlerMama- I had strep twice earlier in this pregnancy - so not fun!!! Hope you feel better soon!

Caitlin- I'm 25wks....and my braxton hick are driving me crazy!! They feel just like real contractions to me and sometimes they will be regular for a couple hours and I start freaking out, then they just go away...its so not cool...they hurt and they annoy me, and the make me nervous...I swear they are WAY worse this time than the last, and the last were worse than my first...I don't dare to think what they will be like should I ever have a 4th!

So my complaint was the braxton hicks...and I think maybe I have some type of yeast or urine infection or something...kinda uncomfortable "down there" but since I have never had either I don't really know..I am probably going to try and get an appointment tomorrow - I just hate to go and then they tell me its nothing...and its not toooooo bad, but, I don't want to let something go that should be treated...and I don't want to be anymore uncomfortable than I already am!

Oh and my "non pregnancy" complaint is that we are moving in a week and a half and nobody is comitting to help us...so frustrating - this was the same the last time too - and I had a 5 day old baby! ARGH!! :-/

#75 of 241 Old 09-06-2011, 06:55 PM

Oh, the bee stings! Looks and sounds so awful!

I'm not having any BH that I can tell, but maybe I just don't know what they are yet.

My complaint: My hips are KILLING me. Seriously. It's the joint in the back, basically in my bum, but it's from the joints/ligaments, not muscles. Every time I get up or roll over or take a step or do anything, I'm hobbling and horse-walking. Ugh.

I've totally got it easy in the pregnancy woes department (no BH, continuous morning sickness, cramping legs, bladder infections, etc), but I'm still constantly thinking, "How does anyone do this more than once?!"

Maker-mama, joyously loving my boy, Winter Rhys, born 12/2011, and our twins, Wren and Forest, born 4/2014.
#76 of 241 Old 09-06-2011, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azadehhast View Post

Oh, the bee stings! Looks and sounds so awful!

I'm not having any BH that I can tell, but maybe I just don't know what they are yet.

My complaint: My hips are KILLING me. Seriously. It's the joint in the back, basically in my bum, but it's from the joints/ligaments, not muscles. Every time I get up or roll over or take a step or do anything, I'm hobbling and horse-walking. Ugh.

I've totally got it easy in the pregnancy woes department (no BH, continuous morning sickness, cramping legs, bladder infections, etc), but I'm still constantly thinking, "How does anyone do this more than once?!"

I just went to physical therapy (my CNM referred me) and the therapist specifically works with pregnant women that have pelvic pain (which feels like pain in the joints of the hips and lower back); she pushed gentley on my hips and found out that my pelvis is out of line (its been like this for 3 years - started during my last pregnancy, and inbetween I had MANY tests and catscans x-rays etc and nobody could figure out what was wrong) so then she coached me to move my muscles a certain way and it put my pelvic bone back in line (partially, we have to do it again in a few weeks), and I already have some relief...I start water therapy to strengthen my core and leg muscles tomorrow which supposed to help too. Please try and get some type of treatment because I let this go with my last pregnancy and I could hardly move by the end it was horrible..and INSIST that you need some treatment because a lot of doctors/midwives do not take this seriously (that is what happened during my last pregnancy...they kept saying it was "normal" but this time my midwife right away referred me to therapy and my therapist is taking it very seriously and it actually seems like I am going to get better...all I wanted to do was maintain so getting better is awesome!!!)

#77 of 241 Old 09-06-2011, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post

So my complaint was the braxton hicks...and I think maybe I have some type of yeast or urine infection or something...kinda uncomfortable "down there" but since I have never had either I don't really know..I am probably going to try and get an appointment tomorrow - I just hate to go and then they tell me its nothing...and its not toooooo bad, but, I don't want to let something go that should be treated...and I don't want to be anymore uncomfortable than I already am!

Me too... I thought it was eczema (yes, THERE... luckily it only happens when I'm way stressed) but today I started to wonder if it might be yeast... there's no funky discharge yet though. I figure the garlic cure won't do any harm if it IS just eczema, so I'm doing that. 

I talked to DH tonight and apparently the company hasn't finalized their tickets home... he told them before he agreed to go that he wasn't able to stay longer than two weeks, so if they try and pull any crap I'm going to be furious. His direct boss has asked him about a certain run for the next few weeks that apparently no-one is trained for but him, so hopefully I'm worried for nothing.

#78 of 241 Old 09-07-2011, 12:43 PM

Sleeping is so uncomfortable.  irked.gif

When I sleep on either side, it hurts my hips and my shoulder.  I wake up on my back because my body moves into a comfortable position while I'm sleeping.  I try to roll over onto my side and there is too much stinging.  One of my lower discs slides a bit, especially while I'm pregnant, and presses on a nerve.  Eventually I get my knees to my chest and slowly roll over and it's back to the shoulder and hip pain.  rolleyes.gif 

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
#79 of 241 Old 09-08-2011, 11:36 AM

It's not much for back/general pain, but I've had really bad SPD pain the last two weeks or so, and it's been disrupting my sleep. I keep waking poor DH up, because I'm literally crying out in my sleep. 

Anyways, I started warming up my magic bag before bed and sleeping on it under my pelvis, and it does feel much better during the night. I still hurt during the day, but at least I can sleep "straight", and that's worth the effort to me. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#80 of 241 Old 09-08-2011, 12:35 PM

Last night I woke up to a puke-covered toddler trying to crawl into our bed. She got it EVERYWHERE. We had to change her sheets, blanket, pillowcase, even wash her pillow PLUS we had to change our sheets since she had tried to get into bed with us too. She even had puke in her hair, so DH had to giver her a bath. She threw up a few more times before she finally fell asleep. Of course, we can't send her to pre-school until she's been free of vomiting for 24 hours. Neither of us could call in sick today and since MIL's immune system isn't top notch, she couldn't watch her either. So I had to bring my sick child to work with me, which is a big no-no when the majority of your customers are pregnant women and small children. Luckily, it seems like whatever her body was trying to clean out is pretty much gone. She hasn't thrown up anymore and she had a solid BM this morning so we think it was just a short-lived bug or something. Unfortunately, she's still extremely clingy and crabby. She constantly wants to nurse and I'm seriously hanging on by a thread today. I don't always have specific work to do but today I actually have a lot of work to do and I've barely gotten anything done because DD has been so clingy. Of course, DH doesn't know when or if he can pick her up before I close today and he's being a huge dick about it. I texted him asking him to go as fast as he can and he just sent me a pissy text message back about how he's going as fast as he can to accommodate me and if I want him to quit his job and be the only income then he'll gladly do that. I don't know what quitting his job has to do with anything, but I'm not exactly thrilled right now. I told him that if he's not going to get her before I'm done to just say so so I can get what I can done and hope my boss isn't too mad about it when she works tomorrow. Ugh, today needs to go faster.

Wife to DH stillheart.gif 08/09 and SAHM to DD 09/08 and DS 11/11

Surprise! Expecting #3 Nov. 2013!
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36 yikes2.gif **40

#81 of 241 Old 09-09-2011, 10:32 AM

My complaint is, I have always been clumsy, but lately I am even worse.

I walked into our table this morning, into the corner right in my leg. OUCH!!!!!!!!!

I hope everyone who felt sick, is feeling better now!!!!

#82 of 241 Old 09-09-2011, 12:06 PM

I feel like I made a huge mistake in the midwifery practice I chose.  Every midwife I have seen so far has been annoying.  I know that sounds really juvenile of me, but I have been a doula for years and have worked for midwives before, so I know what good midwifery care looks like and the experience I'm getting is OB care from a midwife. I am soooooo frustrated, I don't know if I want to switch providers or if I should just suck it up and believe that I will have a good birth experience.

Thats my complaint for the day, oh and my skin itches everywhere.

#83 of 241 Old 09-09-2011, 12:34 PM

My complaint is that I walk around like a 90 year old all day.  Getting up from the couch is an Olympic event for me.  Hmph. 

I think I'm grumpy too. hopmad.gif

Mom to my little super hero superhero.gif (02/06) and our super hero-in-training femalesling.GIF (11/11).

#84 of 241 Old 09-09-2011, 12:43 PM

Even though I really like my OB and I love the fact that he makes a priority of being there when you deliver (instead of leaving you to the on-call doc) ... I wish he was occasionally in his office when I had an appointment! He's always in delivery - argh.
#85 of 241 Old 09-09-2011, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelroo View Post

I feel like I made a huge mistake in the midwifery practice I chose.  Every midwife I have seen so far has been annoying.  I know that sounds really juvenile of me, but I have been a doula for years and have worked for midwives before, so I know what good midwifery care looks like and the experience I'm getting is OB care from a midwife. I am soooooo frustrated, I don't know if I want to switch providers or if I should just suck it up and believe that I will have a good birth experience.

Thats my complaint for the day, oh and my skin itches everywhere.

It's definetely not too late to switch, I did and didn't look back, with my first when I was about 29 weeks. Best decision ever.

Melissa-Mama to Allyson carrot.gif 1-22-07 and Katelyn homebirth.jpg 5-14-09 and Paul 1-2-12 my 10 lb 6oz. homebirthed baby boy.

#86 of 241 Old 09-09-2011, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendizbaby View Post

Getting up from the couch is an Olympic event for me.  Hmph. 

I think I'm grumpy too. hopmad.gif

Lol...me too.  Getting out of bed is even worse.  I was thinking I need some of those straps or something to pull up on. 

#87 of 241 Old 09-09-2011, 04:20 PM

I roll onto hands and knees to get out of bed... it's the only way unless a kid is crying... and that hurts.

#88 of 241 Old 09-09-2011, 06:12 PM

My hubby gets me out of bed when he is home haha...otherwise it truly is an olympic event!

Rachelroo- if its not for you than switch! That said....I had one midwife that just annoyed the crap out of me when I was pregnant with DS2 (she's kinda abrupt/pushy) and then she turned out being PERFECT for me during labor/birth - she had the firmness that I needed to get me up and changing position and deliver naturally (she all but FORCED me to try and push even though I was crying and saying I coudn't and needed an epidural lol...I am so thankful for her in the end...I NEVER would have guessed that she would be so awesome though because she really rubbed me wrong before hand!)

Euromama- I am always clumsy too...lol...but yeah, its bad...I have random bruises everywhere lol.

So I had my first water therapy yesterday and it felt good actually...it was so awesome to be "working out" without pain....my complaint? I'm in pain today!!! OMG!!! I totally must have overdone it... could hardly move this morning.

Oh and I have to work tomorrow...thats my other complaint - though I guess it is not so pregnancy related - other than making me lose my Saturday nap haha.

#89 of 241 Old 09-09-2011, 08:13 PM

For the getting up, I've started lying back down if I feel stiff or sore and making myself do it at least 2-3 more times just to strengthen those muscles.  After about 2 weeks, I noticed a distinct improvement.  I won't give in to the roll to the side approach, I make myself do a sit-up sort of  thing.  I'm not sure if that makes me a masochist, or it just means I have a vested interest in keeping my range of motion for as long as possible. 

My complaint of the day though is about a horrible headache.  Ugh- I was completely incapacitated for most of the day- I just lay on the couch being pretty useless.  It's partially allergy/sinus related and partially related to my complete inability to tolerate heat these days.  

#90 of 241 Old 09-09-2011, 08:37 PM

My hips and butt and lower back feel so stiff!! And I feel like I have pinched nerves in my butt. Standing and walking hurts! I do it anyway, because, well, you have to! But owie! Sitting on a yoga ball seems to be helping some though...

InsideVoice - be careful when you sit up from laying on your back (that is what you're doing, right? that was what it sounded like to me) so that you don't pull or injure any pelvic muscles. I went to sit up from laying on my back at my last midwife visit, and she strongly suggested that I roll to my side and then sit up, for that reason.

I'm Heather, newly married (12/5/10) to James! partners.gif
We are currently "mama" and "papa" to Maisy cat.gif and soon... parents to BABY NEW YEAR 2012!! babyf.gifWe're happily planning a h20homebirth.gif and intend to femalesling.GIFbfinfant.gifdiaper.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page