Can we have a complaining thread too? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 241 Old 09-13-2011, 07:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

well if a bad burn hurts more then a baby then im in the money!  only an inch of skin peeled so im letting it relax then im going to put some aloe on it and find something to wrap it

heartbeat.gifMomma to baby boy Ember.babyf.gifborn at home 12/22/11.  Madly loving his daddy Thimble guitar.gif since 6/26/09. 

#122 of 241 Old 09-14-2011, 01:24 PM

Ok I'm calling today a complaint-worthy day.  DH sent me a text from the back of an ambulance- saying that someone had asked him to be taken to the hospital as he seemed potentially suicidal. *sigh*

Now, I know DH, and right now isn't a time he is struggling with depression.  He's tired, and stressed, but this isn't exactly helpful as he JUST got home from working away for a bit over a week and really all he needs is to get some sleep in his own bed and a good meal that isn't junk.  

Anyway.  I really do quite well with stress most of the time, but goodness, hormones make it harder to deal with weird stuff coming up.  

#123 of 241 Old 09-14-2011, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm so sorry insidevoice.  That sounds really stressful.  Are they keeping him overnight?  I hope everything works itself out quickly.

#124 of 241 Old 09-14-2011, 03:52 PM

*hug* InsideVoice That sounds so stressful! I hope everything works out well for you guys!

I'm Heather, newly married (12/5/10) to James! partners.gif
We are currently "mama" and "papa" to Maisy cat.gif and soon... parents to BABY NEW YEAR 2012!! babyf.gifWe're happily planning a h20homebirth.gif and intend to femalesling.GIFbfinfant.gifdiaper.gif

#125 of 241 Old 09-14-2011, 03:55 PM

hug2.gif insidevoice

Mom to my little super hero superhero.gif (02/06) and our super hero-in-training femalesling.GIF (11/11).

#126 of 241 Old 09-14-2011, 04:47 PM

He called a bit ago- and they agreed that someone had been overzealous in their worry (can't really be angry with someone for caring) and they released him.  It made for a stressful day, but all is ok in the end. The clinician on call agreed that he looked like crap, but when she learned that he'd worked a 20 hour day yesterday and hadn't had a chance for more than a couple hours of sleep she realized that he really just needed to be home where he could sleep and eat real food (he was forced to leave to go in for an assessment before he'd eaten today.)  It also helped that he could demonstrate that he's  been doing a good job of taking care of his mental health for a while now, and while he does take an antidepressant, it's a fairly low dose and he doesn't ever skip it. 

He had to walk them through the whole misunderstanding leading up to the situation, and the clinician was put at ease.  She wondered why the person had overreacted, but we will worry about finding all that out in a day or two. 

#127 of 241 Old 09-15-2011, 07:35 AM - Thread Starter

What an ordeal insidevoice.  I'm glad he was at least released. 

#128 of 241 Old 09-15-2011, 09:55 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Ugh, Insidevoice, that sounds really stressful. I'm glad he's okay and home he got a good night's sleep last night.

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#129 of 241 Old 09-15-2011, 10:07 AM

He's doing fine today.  He did decide to take a couple days off work to catch up on sleep (his blood pressure was through the roof at the hospital yesterday) and is generally doing SO much better. 

I just wish my emotions weren't so darn BIG right now-  I normally tend to be relatively detached and logical, and I am not enthused with being all emotional instead.  I much prefer being almost Spock like. It's less messy. 

#130 of 241 Old 09-15-2011, 06:00 PM

Glad he's doing better Insidevoice!

Can I complain that nothing fits??? Most of my maternity shirts are too short now and my maternity pants still fit, but, my yoga pants are too tight around the waist now (I wasn't expecting this I was able to wear regular yoga pants the whole time with my last pregnancy). My belly looks really different (lower and more out) so I'm not sure if that is part of the reason...hopefully that means she switched to head down.....I guess I'll find out in 2 weeks at my 30wk appointment...which reminds me I still have to take my GD test...which I hate...ewww...makes me wanna puke just thinking about it.

#131 of 241 Old 09-16-2011, 12:52 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Oh insidevoice, what a ride for you and your dh.  Sounds like a couple of days to rest is a good idea for everyone.   Take it easy and be good to yourself.    

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#132 of 241 Old 09-16-2011, 12:54 AM

And my new complaint is called in.som.ni.a.   I can't sleep!  Been up since 3 am and that was after lying in bed for a while and staring at the ceiling.  It is now 4 am and I can feel myself winding down.  I'll probably fall back asleep just as the kids get up.  irked.gif

#133 of 241 Old 09-16-2011, 11:57 AM

Oh- I hated that with my last pregnancy!  I couldn't sleep well at all at night, but come 7-8 am I just wanted to SLEEP.

#134 of 241 Old 09-16-2011, 12:59 PM

ack! insomnia for me, too. it’s by far my least favorite pregnancy side-effect. i’m up every night at about 2:45a and rarely fall back to sleep. with three little ones here, it makes for a very long day!

mama to four
eliza jane 7.07 :: henry cale 8.07 :: naomi penn 7.09 :: simon otto 12.11

#135 of 241 Old 09-16-2011, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

I want to complain about the fact that I am having one of those weeks where I worry worry worry about this baby.  Given all the risk factors going on, I feel like I've done a pretty good job of keeping my anxiety in check for the most part, but some days it just gets the best of me :(.  I just cannot wait for this pregnancy to be over and to have a healthy little baby in my arms. 

#136 of 241 Old 09-16-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissarana View Post

ack! insomnia for me, too. it’s by far my least favorite pregnancy side-effect. i’m up every night at about 2:45a and rarely fall back to sleep. with three little ones here, it makes for a very long day!

Yep.... very, very long day here.  I made it through the day without falling asleep and now that is 7:30, I am exhausted.  I can't go to bed now.  I'll only be up again at 3 am if I fall asleep this early.  Going to try to make it to 9 pm before heading to bed.

I know this is just prep for the coming nights with a newborn, but I am miss my lovely nights of deep, long sleep. 

#137 of 241 Old 09-16-2011, 05:40 PM

*hugs* APToddlerMama...it is such a relief once baby is born healthy and safe...we only have a few more months!

So yesterday I was complaining because nothing fits and I've wondered if it has to do with baby changing position/dropping...today I'm complaining because she really feels like she is going to fall out...the pressure is driving me nuts - especially knowing I have 2-3mos left and she is going to drop even more during that time! OH and of course that also comes with the whole having to pee constantly and yet I can barely even get any out...oh the joys of pregnancy....

#138 of 241 Old 09-16-2011, 06:43 PM

It's funny, I was complaining about the same thing, and then this past week she shifted head down, and all of a sudden I can actually pee again! It's glorious! lol. 

I think... it's a sad sad day when you start to realize it takes real effort to wipe properly after a bthroom trip though. Talk about feeling down on yourself. lol. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#139 of 241 Old 09-17-2011, 07:40 PM

Honestly, I'm just moving into this thread for the forseeable future. 

I have to pee but have a UTI. 

I want a shower, but the shower head broke off this morning. 

The kids don't want to sleep.

My 2yo's birthday celebration was supposed to be today, but, it was postponed until tomorrow following my being mugged (with three kids in tow and my mom!) in a parking lot on the way in to go shopping. 

Please send along an end to this week.  

I am HUGELY struggling now with flashbacks to a terrible assault when I was younger, and while I am now anxious enough that I would actually consider medication, I really don't want to do that and risk fetal exposure to those medications, so instead I am planning to smile and pretend I am just fine.  

I really resent hormones for taking away my emotional resilience.  Oh, and I hate that I am complaining so much lately when really I should feel happy and excited about the future. 

Right now, a snapshot of my life looks like chaos and that isn't my usual reality at all. 

#140 of 241 Old 09-17-2011, 08:04 PM

Oh, InsideVoice, that's so much to be dealing with!! *hug* I hope you're able to find a way to deal with the traumas that feels ok to you. And be gentle with yourself! Life has thrown you a lot lately, I think it's perfectly understandable that you might not be feeling all cheery. I hope things ease up for you soon.

I'm Heather, newly married (12/5/10) to James! partners.gif
We are currently "mama" and "papa" to Maisy cat.gif and soon... parents to BABY NEW YEAR 2012!! babyf.gifWe're happily planning a h20homebirth.gif and intend to femalesling.GIFbfinfant.gifdiaper.gif

#141 of 241 Old 09-18-2011, 06:39 AM

((HUGS))

Melissa-Mama to Allyson carrot.gif 1-22-07 and Katelyn homebirth.jpg 5-14-09 and Paul 1-2-12 my 10 lb 6oz. homebirthed baby boy.

#142 of 241 Old 09-18-2011, 06:41 AM

I need to go bra shopping, it's an hour away, and if I go today (which I need to) I'll have nobody to go with me AND have to take the kids. If I get down there, I want to get some shirts to wear to work too, and possibly go to a scrub shop and buy some bigger pants for work.

Melissa-Mama to Allyson carrot.gif 1-22-07 and Katelyn homebirth.jpg 5-14-09 and Paul 1-2-12 my 10 lb 6oz. homebirthed baby boy.

#143 of 241 Old 09-18-2011, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter

Insidevoice...I'm so sorry you're going through so much :(.  We're here for you if you need to vent.  If you don't want to do medication, is there a way maybe you could do some therapy or something?  I have heard EMDR can be very helpful for flashbacks, healing from trauma, etc.  Hugs to you...

#144 of 241 Old 09-18-2011, 05:46 PM

EMDR is amazing, and I did have a therapist who was really quite skilled at it when I had recall of the whole event- as it had been suppressed- at least the details- for about a decade.  I'm doing a lot better today than I was yesterday, and have very limited access to mental health services locally.  The clinician I saw has moved away.  I have done a good job of taking care of myself this weekend and plan to over the next weeks as well.

A combination of yoga and meditation work wonders for me, so that's the approach we are taking.  Also, my security cameras at home are now set up and that helps with the anxiety. I'm sure it seems like overkill, but crazy neighbor is crazy AND has now established (as of about two hours ago) a pipeline workyard and pipe storage yard approximately 15 feet from my front door. The county atty and local law enforcement wanted a surveilance system since they want to be  able to enforce a restraining order if necessary.

*sigh* I've managed (mostly) to let go of some of the anxiety and just remember that, this too, shall pass. 

Happily, other than emotions that have been strained, the pregnancy seems to be going well.  :)  I'll celebrate that fact and strive to focus on the positives.

#145 of 241 Old 09-18-2011, 06:00 PM

My SIL ended up taking my kids and I spent all afternoon shopping kid free! It was amazing and I spent too much money, don't tell my DH. LOL

#146 of 241 Old 09-19-2011, 10:22 AM

So, I can't seem to stop eating today.  So far I've eaten a waffle with a veggie sausage, wheat thins with cheese, a bowl of raisin bran cereal and a salad.  And it's only 11am!  

Also, I'm continuing to have pain in my pelvic bone area.  The front and the back hurt all day long.  I waddle around and have stopped getting up from the couch once I sit down (unless I have to pee) because it's too painful.  

That's all.  Hope you all have a good day!! :)

Mom to my little super hero superhero.gif (02/06) and our super hero-in-training femalesling.GIF (11/11).

#147 of 241 Old 09-19-2011, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

My complaint is my eating too.  Now I'm up 37 flippin pounds.  Ouch.  I'm gaining more than 2 pounds a week.  I don't feel like I am doing anything different from DS but at this rate I am going to end up gaining 60 pounds by the time I'm done instead of 40.  Sounds a little more daunting to take off.  And I am super swollen. I was getting a little concerned about pre-e especially with a 149 over something blood pressure a few days ago, but then the next time they took it, it was 116 over something.  Usually I run low, like 90 over 60. Can never remember those bottom numbers.  I think the swelling is probably mostly fat.  ugh......

#148 of 241 Old 09-19-2011, 03:39 PM

Yup Wendiz... I think baby girl is having another growth spurt because I am a freaking bottomless pit. I don't think it would be an exageration to say I could eat a decent sized meal every 90 minutes all day long. I'm just trying to hold back a tad. lol. I really wanted to keep my gain under 30lbs initially... ooh I was so delusional. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#149 of 241 Old 09-21-2011, 05:32 PM

My complaint... 26 weeks and STILL on the zofran pump! Hyperemesis is better but not gone. Struggling with horrific reflux. greensad.gif

Also, I'm sooo tired all the time.

Any one else still sick?

#150 of 241 Old 09-21-2011, 06:00 PM

I've just gotta rant a little...so grumpy and frustrated...

Didn't get enough sleep (never do)...pregnancy makes me super tired, plus I'm anemic (which the dr I was going to didn't care about) and it's probably gotten worse. Thought I found a new midwife, but she doesn't do payment plans and we can't scare up $1500 in the next 11 weeks (the insurance covers half of out-of-network). Found another midwife, which will HOPEFULLY work out since she does payment plans, just gotta work our schedule and roommate's schedule with the midwife's to even get a consultation, since we have to use roommate's car. (Ours needs the engine replace -- AGAIN -- and we don't have the money to fix it or get a new one. I hate it.)

Plus the roommate keeps complaining about this and that...she's grumpy because she didn't get enough sleep ONE NIGHT...the upstairs neighbors (who have been annoying) have way too loud music (funny though, I couldn't hear it, even though it was supposedly louder than when their stereo was over my bedroom and she could hear it)...or yesterday she "didn't get enough sleep" and complained that people kept waking her up, including me, when...I never get enough sleep and she wakes me up and I have the grace not to complain about it to everyone she knows! :P

Normally she's not very irritating to me...she thinks SHE was grumpy yesterday on "too little" sleep...I don't think she knows what "grumpy" or "too little sleep" MEANS. x(

Heartburn has been keeping me up at nights too. >< Can't wait to HAVE this baby and let my husband do some taking care of her LOL

in love with and married to my best friend ♥ snuggling my baby girl Ari Grace, 12-4-11

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page