Can we have a complaining thread too? - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 241 Old 10-15-2011, 02:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am needing a lot of patience. I have not enjoyed this pregnancy or really even bonded with this baby at all. I feel so bad, it's not like he asked to be formed in there, you know...?

I am so focused on the negative aspects of weight gain, being tired, stressed without my hubby home, etc. that I am not smiling when I feel kicks, including my older children with the pregnancy as much as I would like to, etc....

Only a few more months, right!?

We're getting so close, ladies!!

#182 of 241 Old 10-17-2011, 07:06 PM

Time for me to complain now.......

I can barely walk.  This baby must be really low because I am constantly uncomfortable.  I waddle around and after about 10 minutes, I'm in so much pain that I have to go sit down.  Trips to Target or the grocery store are now dreaded.  Also, my butt is starting to go numb and I don't know what that's about.  I need to go see my chiropractor, but I am too tired to drive the 20 minutes to get there!  8 more weeks???  Eeeeek.

Mom to my little super hero superhero.gif (02/06) and our super hero-in-training femalesling.GIF (11/11).

#183 of 241 Old 10-18-2011, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendizbaby View Post

Time for me to complain now.......

I can barely walk.  This baby must be really low because I am constantly uncomfortable.  I waddle around and after about 10 minutes, I'm in so much pain that I have to go sit down.  Trips to Target or the grocery store are now dreaded.  Also, my butt is starting to go numb and I don't know what that's about.  I need to go see my chiropractor, but I am too tired to drive the 20 minutes to get there!  8 more weeks???  Eeeeek.

Oooh this. It's a double edged sword-- baby girl is sitting reallllly low... which will be good for the birth, and putting pressure on the cervix to dilate, etc etc... but in the meantime, it means that ANY bottoms other than loose sweatpant style, are uncomfortable to the point where they downright hurt. And it's a bit too cold here already to wear sweats outside most of the time, so I end up having to suck it up... and then I hurt. 

I've learned to just "walk through" the hip pain, since it's been present for so long... but when the pants literally are causing BH every time I leave the house, that's a little harder to ignore. I don't mind BH when they come on naturally-- but as a result of my pants being too tight? That's just ridiculous!

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#184 of 241 Old 10-19-2011, 04:35 AM

@jeninejessica: Same problem here, I HATE having to put pants on. I am in my pajama pants all day (except when I need to go out, to the doc, or getting the kids) and than it HURTS. They don´t cover the bump anyway anymore and are soooo uncomfortable. 

@amanda: I know what you mean. I am feeling so bad all the time plus feeling bad for my kids - and my mom said it was egoistic to get pregnant again and how I ask too much from my family to put up with ... I am not bonding with this little one at all, and I think it is uncomfortable when she moves around, I used to love it with the other ones. 

I am just soooo tired. I cannot sleep at night. I sleep from around ten p.m. until 1 a.m. and than I cannot get back to sleep until around sixish. Have to get up to look after the kids around seven. 

And now I caught a cold from the kids. greensad.gif

Crying all the time doesn´t help either, I just told my DH to stay away from home tonight, because I cannot cope with the fighting anymore. He was sooo mean this morning, because HE lost HIS car keys - shouted at me because the dog is not bathed and is smelly. Hello? She weights around 90 pound - how on earth would I bath her? I am lucky if I get the kids into their beds at night, and their weight is around 30 pounds... It was soooo mean. And I don´t really want to be treated like that anymore. 

We are only fighting all.the.time. I don´t want to see him anymore, but I don´t think there is a chance of coping for me on my own at all. I am crying the whole morning, and really don´t know what to do. 

Trin with DH , DD(7) dust.gif and DS(5) jumpers.gif,  DD(2) energy.gifdog2.gifbelly.gif(due 5/14)

I am not regularly online at the moment due to the above ...

#185 of 241 Old 10-19-2011, 08:15 AM

midwife just told me not to gain any more weight....................unfortunately that just adds to my stress.....which is why I eat.............

#186 of 241 Old 10-19-2011, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda Williams View Post

I am needing a lot of patience. I have not enjoyed this pregnancy or really even bonded with this baby at all. I feel so bad, it's not like he asked to be formed in there, you know...?

I am so focused on the negative aspects of weight gain, being tired, stressed without my hubby home, etc. that I am not smiling when I feel kicks, including my older children with the pregnancy as much as I would like to, etc....

Only a few more months, right!?

We're getting so close, ladies!!

I can totally relate.  I haven't bonded either, mostly I think because the pregnancy has been so complicated that I've been too scared to bond.  And the kicks...not smiling either.  More like thinking to myself "ouch! Oooh!  Please stop! That hurts! Enough with my rib cage!" Hang in there mama....we are getting close :).

Trinity--Hugs to you.  That all sounds really stressful :(. 

Wendi and JJ-- I can barely walk either.  Not that I'm allowed to since I'm only allowed to get up to use the bathroom and take a very quick shower, but when I do stand up, I swear that head is going to fall out.  Soooo much pressure in my rectum I can hardly believe it.  I keep imagining that head about two inches up and no more but I'm sure it obviously is much higher.

#187 of 241 Old 10-19-2011, 09:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nymama531 View Post

midwife just told me not to gain any more weight....................unfortunately that just adds to my stress.....which is why I eat.............

Your baby is still growing and gaining weight, so if you're not gaining weight, that doesn't seem healthy.  We don't have much longer to go...I wouldn't worry mama. 

#188 of 241 Old 10-19-2011, 10:38 AM

thanks ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by APToddlerMama View Post

Your baby is still growing and gaining weight, so if you're not gaining weight, that doesn't seem healthy.  We don't have much longer to go...I wouldn't worry mama. 

#189 of 241 Old 10-19-2011, 11:03 AM

Heartburn keeps me up most nights, even with eating earlier, small meals, propping up on pillows, Tums, etc. This baby is riding really high (does that mean it's a boy?), so there's just no room for my stomach!

And carrying high also means Baby's feet are in my ribs. I laugh at myself, because I worry if I don't feel much movement for a little while... then Baby starts kicking and it hurts. And I can't breathe. But sounds like I shouldn't be complaining since I don't have pain or pressure in my nether regions!

#190 of 241 Old 10-19-2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusfollower View Post

Heartburn keeps me up most nights, even with eating earlier, small meals, propping up on pillows, Tums, etc. This baby is riding really high (does that mean it's a boy?), so there's just no room for my stomach!

And carrying high also means Baby's feet are in my ribs. I laugh at myself, because I worry if I don't feel much movement for a little while... then Baby starts kicking and it hurts. And I can't breathe. But sounds like I shouldn't be complaining since I don't have pain or pressure in my nether regions!

My baby is loooooowww and I'm having a boy.  :)  Have you tried Papaya enzymes?  I don't have bad heartburn because he's so low, but I do get it when I eat tomato sauce and it helps.  Just another thing for you to try.......:)

Mom to my little super hero superhero.gif (02/06) and our super hero-in-training femalesling.GIF (11/11).

#191 of 241 Old 10-19-2011, 02:34 PM

Seconding the papaya enzymes, my midwife recommended them and they've helped me. She also suggested chewing a couple of almonds into a paste and swallowing - which I haven't tried because the other has been working, but seems like an easy thing to try. I've also tried aloe juice (available at Trader Joes and Whole Foods) in the past, and it sometimes helps with belly issues. I found that chilling it and mixing with some fruit juice helps it go down easier if it tastes yucky to you - some does and some doesn't to me, for some reason. Oh and milk! Sometimes a glass of milk has helped me too. Good luck, I hope you find relief! Heartburn sucks!!

Quote:

My baby is loooooowww and I'm having a boy.  :)  Have you tried Papaya enzymes?  I don't have bad heartburn because he's so low, but I do get it when I eat tomato sauce and it helps.  Just another thing for you to try.......:)

I'm Heather, newly married (12/5/10) to James! partners.gif
We are currently "mama" and "papa" to Maisy cat.gif and soon... parents to BABY NEW YEAR 2012!! babyf.gifWe're happily planning a h20homebirth.gif and intend to femalesling.GIFbfinfant.gifdiaper.gif

#192 of 241 Old 10-29-2011, 03:22 AM

How is everybody doing? I am really sick and tired of this pregnancy, I made peace with DH, and he is really supportive and always telling me how sad he is that I don´t have a great pregnancy. he does not want another one, though. Maybe three kids are enough...

I am really afraid of the birth, I am so weak and breathless and ... pathetic, I don´t really see how I can give birth ... 

Trin with DH , DD(7) dust.gif and DS(5) jumpers.gif,  DD(2) energy.gifdog2.gifbelly.gif(due 5/14)

#193 of 241 Old 10-29-2011, 09:01 AM

Triniity-- I feel like that sometimes. I had/have such high hopes for myself to be this strong able woman during labor, and on days when I can barely get out of bed, I can't help but laugh at myself. What's helped for me, is absolutely pampering the heck out of myself whenever I can. Sitting in the hot tub, taking longer sleeps or naps if I can, lying suspended crazily on pillows, going for massages. Anything to help me feel more in control of my body and human, I'm doing it. I figure it's all about frame of mind, so if I'm feeling better, I've got a better chance. DH and I sat in the hot tub the other day, and he helped me stretch out my legs-- it looked like something out of a rehab video, with me bending my legs, then pressing against his hands, and him helping maneuver them in different angles, rotating the joints, stretching etc etc, but it was only 15 minutes or so, and the next day I felt sooo much better. I need to do these things to feel more capable and confident about my ability to get through the birth. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#194 of 241 Old 10-29-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nymama531 View Post

Ignore her!!  Just keep on eating and gaining, mama! Another pound each week is HEALTHY for you and baby. You need it to make good milk. It will fall right off. 

#195 of 241 Old 10-29-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post

Triniity-- I feel like that sometimes. I had/have such high hopes for myself to be this strong able woman during labor, and on days when I can barely get out of bed, I can't help but laugh at myself. What's helped for me, is absolutely pampering the heck out of myself whenever I can. Sitting in the hot tub, taking longer sleeps or naps if I can, lying suspended crazily on pillows, going for massages. Anything to help me feel more in control of my body and human, I'm doing it. I figure it's all about frame of mind, so if I'm feeling better, I've got a better chance. DH and I sat in the hot tub the other day, and he helped me stretch out my legs-- it looked like something out of a rehab video, with me bending my legs, then pressing against his hands, and him helping maneuver them in different angles, rotating the joints, stretching etc etc, but it was only 15 minutes or so, and the next day I felt sooo much better. I need to do these things to feel more capable and confident about my ability to get through the birth. 

For me, the excitement of getting that baby out and meeting him/her for the first and being DONE with pregnancy really helps A TON during labor. No matter how tired, uncomfortable and exhausted I am, this amazing power comes and the labors and deliveries have been (almost) enjoyable and exciting. ;)

#196 of 241 Old 10-29-2011, 02:58 PM

Trinity - I am so with you as far as being sick of this pregnancy.  I am so uncomfortable and I'm not getting any sleep any way so part of me wishes I would just deliver now (though I know that 34 wk is still too early)  I'm starting to think that it wouldn't be a bad thing to be induced early or even have a section (I can't believe I'm saying that!).  My Ob isn't going to let me go much past thanksgiving but that still seems so far away - and before I was all in to trying to avoid any possibly unnecessary intervention.  Between the body itching, the burning feet, and the pins and needles in my fingers I am going absolutely batty.

mama to dust.gifdd 8/09 and slingtwin.gif dd + ds 11/11

#197 of 241 Old 10-30-2011, 02:03 AM

Amanda, I am trying to work on the excitement part of it :). 

DSB76 - I hear what you´re saying... I am thinking that, too ... but than, I had interventions with DD and the birth was just a nightmare, I don´t want that to happen again! So I need to be strong and just keep going this last couple of weeks. My midwife already offered to strip the membranes, but that was what started to mess up DDs birth - I believe...

With DS we (DH and me) had sex for induction :) that was quite successful and we had a beautiful birth. 

JenineJessica, I am trying to pamper myself, but it´s a bit difficult, I took a bath a couple of days ago, that just pulled me so off my feed that I needed to lie down the rest of the day.

I really need to be more positive, though, I just heard about a colleague whose wife had a due date around mine, and she had early contraction, but wanted to be brave so did not see anybody, until it was too late to stop labour. Her twins were born at 28 weeks. I prefer to lie around a couple of more weeks, so everything will be fine. (Hopefully) 

#198 of 241 Old 10-30-2011, 09:45 PM

Ok, jumping in on this thread!

Caught a cold, so between the mucus preventing me from tasting anything, and the constant reflux (no heartburn, just a lot of pressure) anytime I DO eat something, I am really not excited to eat. Anything. At all. Period. Which, of course, is a major no-no for gestational diabetes, so I'm not testing, either. Because, y'know, if I don't have blood sugar readings TELLING me I'm not doing well, then I can pretend like it's not happening, right? >.>

I've also started to get kind of an unusual pain in my left inner thigh. My adductors are shooting very sharp pains anytime I pull my leg forward (like to take a step forward, and particularly if I'm trying to pick my foot UP, like to go up stairs) or towards the middle of my body (especially if there's any weight involved, like if I'm trying to scoot a box across the floor with my foot). I can MOVE my leg without pain as long as I'm not engaging the muscles (so, like, range of motion activities don't bother me at all), but it really. freaking. HURTS. sometimes. And then, sometimes, I can kind of twist and stretch a bit and it will "click" back into place and won't bother me for a day or so, and then it's back. Anybody have any ideas, or is this one of those "fun pregnancy things" I hear about?

Just a grad student hopelessly in love with her amazing DH and wee baby Eli (12/06/11).

1394/2012 in 2012

#199 of 241 Old 10-31-2011, 05:59 AM

theses are symptoms of pubis symphosis dysfunction, some of the same ones I have...sitting down to put pants on, waddling gait....good stuff. My chiropractor made it much better, but  tried a belt and didn't really help. It's sorta gotten better so I've just been going with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeterna View Post

I've also started to get kind of an unusual pain in my left inner thigh. My adductors are shooting very sharp pains anytime I pull my leg forward (like to take a step forward, and particularly if I'm trying to pick my foot UP, like to go up stairs) or towards the middle of my body (especially if there's any weight involved, like if I'm trying to scoot a box across the floor with my foot). I can MOVE my leg without pain as long as I'm not engaging the muscles (so, like, range of motion activities don't bother me at all), but it really. freaking. HURTS. sometimes. And then, sometimes, I can kind of twist and stretch a bit and it will "click" back into place and won't bother me for a day or so, and then it's back. Anybody have any ideas, or is this one of those "fun pregnancy things" I hear about?

Melissa-Mama to Allyson carrot.gif 1-22-07 and Katelyn homebirth.jpg 5-14-09 and Paul 1-2-12 my 10 lb 6oz. homebirthed baby boy.

#200 of 241 Old 10-31-2011, 09:13 AM

I have this bad right now. I have to keep my legs together when I turn over in my sleep, or it hurts.

I have to sit on the bed to get my legs in my pants, or it hurts.

I talked to my OB about it and she said the belts really don't work.

Quote:

Happily married to DH stillheart.gif for 11 years. Proud Mama bf.jpg of DS1 jammin.gif (10) and DS2  babyf.gif(12 m/o)

#201 of 241 Old 10-31-2011, 09:28 AM

Thank you! I meant to mention it to my OB at the last visit (but forgot, as I was seething over the condescension regarding the birth plan), but I'll be sure to say something next time and see if I can't get some chiropractic coverage from my insurance. ;)

Just a grad student hopelessly in love with her amazing DH and wee baby Eli (12/06/11).

1394/2012 in 2012

#202 of 241 Old 10-31-2011, 11:10 AM

My constant heartburn seems to have settled down for a bit. I think Baby has moved down a little, making more room for my poor squished stomach. Now I'm having pelvic pain, lower back pain, and trouble sleeping. If it's not one thing, it's another!

Overall, though, I don't have much to complain about. Baby is healthy and active, growing well, I'm happy, and it's less than two months now!

#203 of 241 Old 11-11-2011, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Wow...looks like we have gone 11 full days without any complaining so I am here to change that up ;). 

My contractions are driving me crazy.  I went off bedrest Wednesday and am out of the hospital (yay!) but don't know what is going on with my body.  Last night I contracted for five full hours with contractions two minutes apart...then, nothing.  They stopped. Or rather slowed to make 3 an hour.  So what is that exactly?  Five hours of torture, getting excited to have a baby on 11/11/11, be done with a really difficult and worrisome pregnancy and it was all for nothing.  I had an intuition that I really wasn't in labor, but with DS, I got to 7cm with pretty minimal contractions and definitely nothing like 5 hours of every two minute contractions knowing I'm definitely 100% effaced and 3cm dilated.   I thought your second one was supposed to be faster, easier, more predictable, know what was going on, etc, but I guess not...

#204 of 241 Old 11-11-2011, 03:41 PM

join the social group lotsa complaning : )

heartbeat.gifMomma to baby boy Ember.babyf.gifborn at home 12/22/11.  Madly loving his daddy Thimble guitar.gif since 6/26/09. 

#205 of 241 Old 11-11-2011, 04:06 PM

I think I need a walker, and my chest crushing heartburn is eroding my esophagus (i assume) and causing an awful cough!!!

Melissa-Mama to Allyson carrot.gif 1-22-07 and Katelyn homebirth.jpg 5-14-09 and Paul 1-2-12 my 10 lb 6oz. homebirthed baby boy.

#206 of 241 Old 11-11-2011, 06:51 PM

glad we are back to complaining!  I've got lots to complain about.  I am DEAD tired.  Serious comatose going on here.  I have soooo much hip pain/pelvic region pain, especially at night when I get up to pee.  Peeing hurts these days, even. I'm getting lots of BH and now when I get them, I feel a tremendous amount of pressure down there.  I feel like I need to sit on a toilet while they are happening.  I am so much in pain at night, in fact, that I'm beginning to wonder if this is normal.  Anyone feeling this much discomfort?  

#207 of 241 Old 11-11-2011, 07:00 PM

My groin hurts when I get up to pee...like that V between the legs, that pubic area. Peeing sorta hurts at first, just because it feels like there's so much pressure (and she's not even engaged!). I don't have any BH tho. Is that normal?? 33 wks with my first, and no BH?

in love with and married to my best friend ♥ snuggling my baby girl Ari Grace, 12-4-11

#208 of 241 Old 11-11-2011, 07:41 PM

Quote:

glad we are back to complaining!  I've got lots to complain about.  I am DEAD tired.  Serious comatose going on here.  I have soooo much hip pain/pelvic region pain, especially at night when I get up to pee.  Peeing hurts these days, even. I'm getting lots of BH and now when I get them, I feel a tremendous amount of pressure down there.  I feel like I need to sit on a toilet while they are happening.  I am so much in pain at night, in fact, that I'm beginning to wonder if this is normal.  Anyone feeling this much discomfort?  

I am so tired.  It's bumming me out.  I'm not doing anything productive.  Not working, not taking care of other kids, barely taking care of the house, I stopped my volunteering gig.  Feeling so useless and I'm still totally and absolutely exhausted.  Our dog got out of the yard one evening last week because we hadn't latched the gate properly and I told DH he could go look for her if he wanted to, but that I was going to bed and would worry about it in the morning.  How crazy cold-hearted is that?  I just couldn't bring myself to really care.  She ended up coming back on her own and is fine, but I still can't muster up enough energy for remorse about feeling like that.

No pain though.  yay?

#209 of 241 Old 11-11-2011, 08:20 PM

My energy took a massive dip this week too. I went on mat leave and all of a sudden I'm napping every day for like three hours or more. Literally I will be in bed from 10 or 11pm at night until around 9am (though getting up lots, so not sleeping that whole time...) Then by 11am or noon I'm ready for a nap... I nap, get up, nap again around 5pm... rinse and repeat. It's kind of ridiculous. I wonder if it's just a change this week in my body and a coincidence, or if I'm just unconsciously taking advantage of the mat leave. 

I'm getting the massive amounts of pain at night too. During the day, my SPD and hip pain is -almost- negotiable. But at night- I'm getting up once every 60-90 minutes, and each time I feel like crying, and sometimes do cry out in pain, loudly... resulting in scaring poor DH. Nothing seems to help. I've tried all the tricks about keeping my legs together, and turning slowly, making sure I'm supported, etc etc- nothing seem to make a difference, so I just do it quickly and try not to scream. So much fun. 

The BH are definitely more noticable, and I would consider them painful now... but nothing that feels "real" yet. 

For peeing, I've found much much more relief if I completely drop my pants to my ankles, and am able to spread my legs out. Just pulling them to my knees and keeping my legs together doesn't feel like I'm able to empty enough, and then I start cramping up. It's more work- but worth it!

#210 of 241 Old 11-12-2011, 07:17 AM

Here too, 

I am dead tired, but not been able to sleep, everything is waking me up. It´s like I am already awake before something wakes me up. And I cannot go back to sleep than. Meaning, I am lying awake for like five hours at night. Dead tired, not being able to sleep at daytime. 

The baby is transverse (see other thread) and every move she makes is so damn painful! It´s horrible. It´s like Alien, honestly, I can´t breath when she is moving. And she is moving a lot! (As in making it difficult to measure her, since OB cannot get her on the monitor long enough orngbiggrin.gif So we are talking c-section here, and every times she does this crazy moving around thingies, I am hoping that she actually turned, but not yet :( I don´t remember painful movements from the other pregnancies at all

I cannot walk any further than like 10 yards or something. I need to pause between bedroom and kitchen. My pelvis is killing me. My back is killing me. I have horrible BH contractions. It really, really wears me down.

I am already thinking that it might be even a good thing that she´s transverse and I will just let them do a c-section, maybe at 37 + 0, just to get it over with. (only half joking here) 

There are like a trillion things left to be done. I did not even pack a hospital bag yet. 

My midwife told me I need to call an ambulance if my water breaks, and that is totally freaking me out. 

@AveryMom, I did not have any BH with DD! I mean, in the very last week, if I concentrated and had my hand on my belly, I would sometimes feel the abdomen get tight, but nothing more. 

@WendizBaby: I sometimes feel as if the head (or any other part of the baby) is already stuck outside the uterus, which is totally not true - she is not even near the cervix, but it´s so uncomfortable. 

Good to have this thread!

@APToddlerMom: Good to hear that you are out of hospital! Is it harder to walk around now, or did you just get out of bed and felt alright? 

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page