Can we have a complaining thread too? - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 241 Old 11-21-2011, 09:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Avery-- I've been keeping up on my toes and fingernails as well, even though bending down to paint my toes gives me contractions. While I love the shape of my belly and feeling baby move, the swelling and "fat feeling" especially in my face has really picked up in the last two weeks. Having pretty hands and toes, and moisturized and shaved legs does wonders for how I feel-- so it's worth the discomfort to get it done! lol. 

We've got our next appt tomorrow, with a doctor I've never met, so I'm a bit apprehensive. I'll be 38w5d, and I've been told I'll be "offered" an internal and a stretch and sweep, so I'm trying to be optimistic that she won't fight me when I turn them both down. As much as my body is just -done-, I'm trying really hard to let my body decide when to go into labor. Keeping myself in that frame of mind sure is hard though!!

Baby girl moved down again within the last couple days, and she's now pressing on a nerve right in the curve between my pelvis and my right leg-- so it randomly shoots pain during the day to where I feel like I'm going to collapse on the floor. On the upside- DH was attempting to massage the spot out for me tonight, and he was able to feel her head down low in my pelvis. It was cute how shocked he was, especially when he felt in comparison to my pelvic bone-- I was like "Ok, does it make more sense now why my hips hurt so bad?? When I say she's sitting low, I'm not joking!"

I feel like I could complain on and on right now... but at the same time, I'm also feeling very hopeful and positive as well. Every bad point has a good one attached too. It's a nice change!

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page