Can we have a complaining thread too? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 241 Old 08-16-2011, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

.....because I need one!  And I'm guessing some other mamas do too ;).  I keep noticing another DDC has one and was thinking we should have one too. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 241 Old 08-16-2011, 05:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I think it's a great idea!  Complaining should definitely be encouraged as necessary!

#3 of 241 Old 08-16-2011, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

Alright, I will happily be the first one to start complaining!  DS is driving me nuts.  I am on modified bed rest and we never leave the house.  We are BORED.  Both of us are extroverts and used to spend a few hours at least outside of the house every day, doing playdates almost every day, running errands, etc.  Now, we're stuck here with the occassional visitor and if I have to pretend to be Elmo or Zoe for one more second, I think I might pull my hair out!!!  Ugh.

Thanks for listening.  I do feel a little better ;). 

#4 of 241 Old 08-16-2011, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

oooh double post insidevoice!  What do you want to complain about today?  Being in the high risk camp is no fun either!   Don't leave me here the only one complaining...lol!

#5 of 241 Old 08-16-2011, 05:21 PM

I'm having to do 'limited activity' we haven't morphed beyond that to modified bedrest, and I'm hoping to avoid it, but it is HARD with active little kids who want me to be my normal super-active self.  We're usually really big on hiking/playgrounds/tons of physical activity, but that's the last thing I can do right now.  I've also developed a terrible sensitivity to the sun, so I burn instantly. 

We are all cooped up inside and the boys are turning on each other- I'm beginning to think my living room is some sort of Toddler Ultimate Fighting ring... 

#6 of 241 Old 08-16-2011, 06:53 PM

If you don't mind me asking, what's got you both on limited activity or bedrest? I've always what, other than preterm labor or blood pressure, gets one there.

Maker-mama, joyously loving my boy, Winter Rhys, born 12/2011, and our twins, Wren and Forest, born 4/2014.
#7 of 241 Old 08-16-2011, 07:20 PM

In my case it's related to severe scarring throughout my uterus where the endometrial tissue has grown into the muscle which- in addition to making it very swollen and less stretchy, ups my risk for placental abruption as well as preterm labor.  I have bleeding every few days, and I started having ctx about a month ago, and while they aren't doing a whole lot yet, the bigger the baby gets, the higher the risk of their actually effecting change.  TBH, I suspect I'm beginning to have some cervical involvement as I have had a lot of downward pressure and the weird 'pangs' that, for me come at about 36 weeks on as my cervix changes.  I've studiously avoided worrying about it, but I'll ask at my next appt and I suspect I'll be subjected to  more testing. 

So, my OB has said I have to be considerably more sedate than my norm.  And so, I spend WAY too much time on the computer and not enough in my garden. 

#8 of 241 Old 08-16-2011, 07:29 PM

My biggest complaint right now is that I am so tired I feel like a zombie most of the time. I'm anemic (Thalassemia...so extra iron doesn't work...got some folic acid and B vitamins tho which I read were supposed to help make red blood cells), and really, I'm not getting enough sleep. I don't feel like going to bed until it's too late...then we stay up later, talking. lol So partly it's my fault. But I'm SO tired of feeling like a zombie!!!

in love with and married to my best friend ♥ snuggling my baby girl Ari Grace, 12-4-11

#9 of 241 Old 08-16-2011, 07:33 PM

Oh ladies...that's so hard and I am SO grateful I am not going through that.  I always wonder how women do months of bed rest, especially with other kids.

That said, though my issues aren't as sucky, I'll complain anyway.  :)  

I feel big. By about 12pm each day I am waddling around and moaning/groaning because of my lower back.  People keep telling me that I have a lonnnnnng way to go and they are surprised that I am already in pain.  That makes me about a million times more annoyed!  For some reason, I thought I would be the same old me by the second trimester.  Not even close.  

I also am still experiencing nausea.  23 weeks!  GAH.  I'm MUCH better, but am tired of feeling it and am REALLY tired of not being able to eat meat without puking.

One last thing.....comments.  What is wrong with people?  I put a picture of my belly with a butterfly on it (went to a butterfly exhibit) on Facebook and this girl said, "WOW!!!  Look at that belly!!  HOLY COW!"  Seriously????  Who says that to a pregnant woman???

Mom to my little super hero superhero.gif (02/06) and our super hero-in-training femalesling.GIF (11/11).

#10 of 241 Old 08-17-2011, 09:40 AM

My biggest complaint these days (and for the last year!) is my ex. He frustrates me so much. I always try to give him advance notice and keep the lines of communication open with him, regarding our kids, and he NEVER responds to anything.. until its the very last minute. WHY can't people (him) be a good person and not have to make everything so difficult!?? The only thing I am asking from him is a response within a reasonable amount of time... that's not too much to ask for! (And don't get me started on our custody battle.. argh).

In Love stillheart.gif with my best friend & mama to three beautiful little boys! stork-suprise.gif Expecting #4 Oct. 2014!
#11 of 241 Old 08-17-2011, 11:34 AM

ooo complaining. i love complaining.  I am moody and tired and still have waves of nausea.  i cant stand for long periods of time without serious pressure stretching pain in my pelvis and back and knees.  sitting hurts quite a bit to.  especially without being able to move around at work.  im glad its been cooler cause i cant take the heat!  my baby has suddenly over night decided to grow and grow and grow and my belly is stretching all the muscles hurt hurt hurt!  i want gradual! not all a t once

heartbeat.gifMomma to baby boy Ember.babyf.gifborn at home 12/22/11.  Madly loving his daddy Thimble guitar.gif since 6/26/09. 

#12 of 241 Old 08-17-2011, 12:22 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Sierra~ ugh, I really feel for you! My divorce took 3 1/2 years, it was insane. One thing I learned for dealing with XH was to make the decision on my own and tell him what action I intended to take, then say "If you have any questions or concerns, please respond by X date" If he CAN'T give you an answer by that date (like if he doesn't know his work schedule yet or something) then he can always respond to tell you when he will have an answer. The more business-like you can be, the better. If you need help composing emails or anything, I'd be happy to help.

On the topic of kids and exes... the other night, DS made a comment that totally blindsided me... "I bet my birth dad will make a visit when Blobby is born, because he'll want to see the baby." I FROZE.... didn't know what to say at all for like, half a minute it seemed, then I said "I don't think your birth dad is going to be interested in meeting Blobby at all." The truth always sounds so harsh, but the only thing they can count on him for is a birthday and Christmas gift, and even then, they're late half the time.

I guess my main complaint is tiredness... somedays I feel like a slug, I drag myself out of bed around 10 and I'm exhausted by 6! I'm having my iron tested on Friday... I don't really WANT anemia, but if it is, hopefully I can DO something about it! That, and nose bleeds... I'm not worried about it because the kids are getting them too, it's probably the weather or a virus... but, ugh! What else... oh, DS and his scooter... he must be in the middle of a growth spurt because he's covered in road rash... the kid can not stay vertical!! Thank goodness for helmets, or we'd probably be on concussion watch again by now! We NEED to get to Splashdown, before he puts himself in a cast and can't go swimming!

DD just asked for some fabric scraps, she's making an outfit for her kitty cat toy, and DS and DH are watching some show about cars on the computer... so it looks like I might get some peace and quiet for a bit this afternoon!

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#13 of 241 Old 08-17-2011, 02:09 PM

Ok, I have absolutely NO tolerance for direct sun right now.  I just spent about 40 minutes outside finding survey pins and staking property lines.  (Dear Neighbor, I was right all along, darnit!!)

Even with sunblock, I now am a walking billboard for Red Lobster.  orngtongue.gif

Oh well, I'll drink buckets of water and some hibiscus tea, should make the worst of it end soon.  Sadly, I was wearing a v-neck shirt and bending over a lot, so I now have two-toned breasts- red and 'omg, the glare of it!' pasty white.  Sexy, I say. 

Add that to generally feeling very ugh about things and really cranky that I had to do this because my neighbor is a bully, oh AND that I had to sneak out while both little boys napped (DD was inside, I was just out front) and miss MY nap... 

GRUMBLE!!

Ok, that is all- for today. 

#14 of 241 Old 08-17-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummoth View Post

Sierra~ ugh, I really feel for you! My divorce took 3 1/2 years, it was insane. One thing I learned for dealing with XH was to make the decision on my own and tell him what action I intended to take, then say "If you have any questions or concerns, please respond by X date" If he CAN'T give you an answer by that date (like if he doesn't know his work schedule yet or something) then he can always respond to tell you when he will have an answer. The more business-like you can be, the better. If you need help composing emails or anything, I'd be happy to help.

On the topic of kids and exes... the other night, DS made a comment that totally blindsided me... "I bet my birth dad will make a visit when Blobby is born, because he'll want to see the baby." I FROZE.... didn't know what to say at all for like, half a minute it seemed, then I said "I don't think your birth dad is going to be interested in meeting Blobby at all." The truth always sounds so harsh, but the only thing they can count on him for is a birthday and Christmas gift, and even then, they're late half the time.

I filed for divorce last Nov, and it seams like it will take at least another 6-12 months :( That's the only thing DF and I are waiting for so we can get married and my ex wants to drag it out as long as possible.

My 4yo asked me if he baby brother will be going with him to his father's house too... don't know quite what to say about that, besides "no"

In Love stillheart.gif with my best friend & mama to three beautiful little boys! stork-suprise.gif Expecting #4 Oct. 2014!
#15 of 241 Old 08-17-2011, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azadehhast View Post

If you don't mind me asking, what's got you both on limited activity or bedrest? I've always what, other than preterm labor or blood pressure, gets one there.

History of PTL and abruption haven't gotten me there alone, but I started have a lot of contractions again this time around 18 or so weeks and they've continued, like up to 10/hour for hours on end every day.  Also, my placenta separated from the uterine lining this time early on as well and bed rest is the best chance for it to heal and not get worse.  I have some autoimmune issues probably contributing. 

Wendizbaby...You are still puking?  That must be awful!  And Sierra...sorry to hear you are going through so much stress too :(.   Insidevoice...I agree.  All the time inside on the computer is definitely very bad for me.  I noticed one week I was in the top ten MDC members with the most posts...eek.  Not sure that is a good thing.  I'd much rather be out and about! 

#16 of 241 Old 08-17-2011, 07:05 PM

I am so sorry you are on bed rest. That can't be fun at all. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by APToddlerMama View Post

Alright, I will happily be the first one to start complaining!  DS is driving me nuts.  I am on modified bed rest and we never leave the house.  We are BORED.  Both of us are extroverts and used to spend a few hours at least outside of the house every day, doing playdates almost every day, running errands, etc.  Now, we're stuck here with the occassional visitor and if I have to pretend to be Elmo or Zoe for one more second, I think I might pull my hair out!!!  Ugh.

Thanks for listening.  I do feel a little better ;). 

Happily married to DH stillheart.gif for 11 years. Proud Mama bf.jpg of DS1 jammin.gif (10) and DS2  babyf.gif(12 m/o)

#17 of 241 Old 08-17-2011, 08:03 PM

Bedrest mama's you have my sympathy I was on strict bedrest last pregnancy for 16 weeks and it drove me crazy.  This time around I only had 1 week of bed rest.  

I have been released from bed rest since August 1, but got a little over zealous  with the yard work and got poison ivy, now I itch like mad.

Oh and all my maternity work clothes are from the wrong season and so I have nothing appropriate for the office, but I hate spending money on maternity clothes and I feel so fat in everything and I have pimples...

Mama of 3 little boys - DS1 4/08, DS2 4/09, DS3 12/11

#18 of 241 Old 08-18-2011, 10:03 AM

AAARGH!  I don't deal well with stress right now, so when the guy from the electric company showed up at my door a little while ago saying, "I have an order to disconnect your electricity,"  I barely managed not to yell at him. *sigh*

There was a HUGE over-payment on our account  two months ago when the company double billed something and we paid it and figured we would sort it out after so w didn't get dinged in terms of late payments and credit.  That was fine, and they DID fix it, but in lieu of refunding the money, they turned it into a credit on the account. Fine, we sort of expected that would be the approach, annoying but not a major problem.  So, I called when we got the last bill and made sure that the credit was applied to the outstanding bill, and was assured it would be.  

AND THEN, the guy is suddenly knocking on my door about a past due bill for about $100 when there is more than a $500 credit on the account. *sigh*

I'm typing this here mostly so I don't yell because I am currently on hold with the company trying to straighten the whole thing out, but if they DON'T fix it on their end, I have to pay the $100 plus another $500!!! in fees, and they still will have the $500+ over-payment from a couple months ago. 

We try really hard to stay on top of our bills, so this is just plain infuriating. (And really, I can't budget nearly $750 per month for basic electricity. Hopefully they fix it before my head explodes. I can take this sort of crud in stride when not pregnant, I can be calm and rational.  But right now?   SOOOO not calm and rational!

#19 of 241 Old 08-18-2011, 10:09 AM

Wow that's rough!!! (((hugs insidevoice and gives her chocolate or whatever she's craving)))

in love with and married to my best friend ♥ snuggling my baby girl Ari Grace, 12-4-11

#20 of 241 Old 08-18-2011, 02:24 PM

Inside voice, I hope it's all sorted! That is so annoying. I hate being on the phone to begin with, and those voice recognition computers that are supposed to direct you to the right department drive me around the bend. One time I was being really rude with it, and DH thought I was talking to a real person! the look on his face was priceless... I said something like "I wasn't talking to you, b*tch!" 

I slept in until 40 minutes before DS's orthodontist appointment today, so I let the kids ride their scooters down and we got there just in time. I really had to hustle to keep up with them, though! Luckily, it's only 2KM (about a mile) down hill to get there. DH picked us up, because he was in between bus runs by then and we went out for lunch, then got home and the groceries arrived. The kids put them all away for me! I forgot to ask DH when he'll be home tonight, but I might just make a salad and let everyone fend for themselves. I'm waiting for some privacy now, to send an email to the ex in-laws and let them know they can't have the kids on Sunday because we're going camping! they aren't going to be happy, but they're being very inflexible in the times they're willing to see the kids, and we're working around DH's ever changing schedule. The kids are so excited about the trip!!

ETA: I guess that last bit was more of a update than a complaint... i forgot what thread I was in. Oh well, I have an excuse... I'M PREGNANT!!!

#21 of 241 Old 08-18-2011, 06:11 PM

Ok, so far it's fixed (temporarily) I paid them the money AGAIN and they 'will have accounting fix it'.

Grr.  When pigs fly.  But at least it's fixed for the moment.  I just don't deal with stress well.  And I had to drive 100 miles round trip to show them receipts of the amts paid all along and the woman at the office had the audacity to say, "Oh, it looks like there may have been a mistake in our accounting department."  I think my biggest frustration is that it's one thing to deal with things like this when you are financially in a position to cope, but I know it's happening to other people too, and I know it isn't possible for *everyone* to just come up with several hundred dollars at the drop of a hat to buy time for the company in error to look through their books and fix things. Makes me angry that there really is no recourse for people without a savings account or enough save themselves from being taken advantage of.  I feel lucky that we can, but what about people who just plain can't?  Do they have to do without while a company takes however long to solve THEIR error? 

Much anger at a broken system. 

Anyway.  I actually let the kids pick out really cruddy frozen dinner snacks for a treat and took them out to a park and when the boys fell asleep in the car, I parked in the shade near the river so DD and I could look for neat rocks while the boys napped, so we made a nice afternoon out of a stressful day.  

I want my usual emotional  resilience back. 

Mummoth, I am amazed at your patience with the inlaws.  It's amazing that you facilitate that relationship as well as you do, because it's something I would struggle with.  As much as I am boggled that DD's father doesn't want to be involved with her, I also respect how much easier it makes our lives now.  He had no living family, so I don't have to juggle nearly as much as you do in terms of keeping your family going. 

#22 of 241 Old 08-18-2011, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

I am glad it worked out insidevoice!  That is pretty sucky having to drive that far though...that is a lot of gas and time. 

#23 of 241 Old 08-18-2011, 07:17 PM

Oh, I'm glad it's sort of resolved and you made the best of the day!

I almost *only* have to deal with the ex in-laws. XH has access by email and phone, which he doesn't exercise... which takes supervised visitation completely off the table. If he ever tries,he'll have to answer in court as to why he hasn't taken advantage of that, and why he wouldn't participate in a court ordered report (a counselor would have interviewed him, me, and the kids and make a recommendation on how much access would be appropriate) DH wants to adopt the kids, and I emailed XH about it about a year ago... his response was "I have no comment at this time. I need to consult legal advise when I am able." In a way, we're lucky... my kids don't have to feel like they are betraying anyone by liking DH. Grandparents don't have the same rights as a parent does, so as long as I make the kids reasonably available to them (free babysitting?? hell yeah!!) they don't have any recourse. However, I reserve the right to complain if I get a threatening lawyer-court-court email in the next day or so!

#24 of 241 Old 08-20-2011, 04:48 PM

I just need to complain about the HEAT!!!

I can't wait for end of september beginning october!

I had to walk in 111 degrees the other day to pick up my son from school, walk home and we both were just exhausted when we got home!

This heat and being pregnant is HORRIBLE!

Happily married to DH stillheart.gif for 11 years. Proud Mama bf.jpg of DS1 jammin.gif (10) and DS2  babyf.gif(12 m/o)

#25 of 241 Old 08-21-2011, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummoth View Post

I almost *only* have to deal with the ex in-laws. XH has access by email and phone, which he doesn't exercise... which takes supervised visitation completely off the table. If he ever tries,he'll have to answer in court as to why he hasn't taken advantage of that, and why he wouldn't participate in a court ordered report (a counselor would have interviewed him, me, and the kids and make a recommendation on how much access would be appropriate) DH wants to adopt the kids, and I emailed XH about it about a year ago... his response was "I have no comment at this time. I need to consult legal advise when I am able." In a way, we're lucky... my kids don't have to feel like they are betraying anyone by liking DH. Grandparents don't have the same rights as a parent does, so as long as I make the kids reasonably available to them (free babysitting?? hell yeah!!) they don't have any recourse. However, I reserve the right to complain if I get a threatening lawyer-court-court email in the next day or so!

That's sort of lucky of you... my ex-MIL is funding my ex-H in attempting to get sole custody.. now she's been writing me horrible emails. Still.. my ex and his family are my only complaints.

#26 of 241 Old 08-21-2011, 11:46 AM

I'm going to go ahead and complain about the heat, too.  Not only does it feel like I'm ON FIRE when I'm out in the sun, but afterward it wipes me out!  We went to the Fair this past week and I could barely hold a conversation later that evening because I was so drained from the sun.  I am definitely ready for some Fall weather around here!! cold.gif

Mom to my little super hero superhero.gif (02/06) and our super hero-in-training femalesling.GIF (11/11).

#27 of 241 Old 08-21-2011, 12:53 PM

I am SO totally ready for Fall too!! I HATE the heat. It makes me sick. I can't walk around in it, it was really really hard when I had to ride in my husband's a/c-less car. It would take up to two hours for me to recover after a half an hour drive!

#28 of 241 Old 08-22-2011, 10:06 AM

Ouch!  I think I must have overdone it this weekend.  You know- actually standing up and cooking and trying to clean my floors. *sigh*  I was quite well-behaved about it all but I'm having horrible cramping today that is a belt from my lower back all the way down my thighs and wrapping around.  *sigh*

I'll up the water and hope it settles down.  At this point it's more like menstrual cramping than anything else- not at all BH like, but very much early labor like. Coupled with a very vivid dream about labor/delivery last night though, I'm paying attention.  I put in a call to the OB, but I'm hoping to avoid having to take a trip in to see him as there's really nothing he can do at this point and the drive in is more demand than I want to place on my body today.  Hopefully a couple days of more strict bedrest instead of modified bedrest will (hopefully) settle things down. 

#29 of 241 Old 08-22-2011, 11:13 AM

One word: HEARTBURN!!!

#30 of 241 Old 08-22-2011, 12:13 PM

I am really relieved that I am not the only one experiencing all of these symptoms!!  I don't remember being so tired and achy with my first one.  It's amazing how you forgot all of these things and I've been looking back on my pregnancy as a wonderful, enjoyable time all of these years.  :)  I was beginning to think that I just have a defective body and complain too much, but you all seem to be feeling a lot like me too.  

This thread is great! :)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page