Birth Beads - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-15-2011, 09:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyPai View Post

These are tourmaline, Maine's state gemstone. 

Remedy Benefits of Tourmaline:

• Black tourmaline repels negativity
  • Brown tourmaline cleanses the aura and auric field
  • Pink tourmaline promote joy and love
  • Green tourmaline opens the heart chakra
  • Colorless tourmaline activates the crown chakra
  • Watermelon tourmaline promotes unconditional love           *More here:  http://www.charmsoflight.com/tourmaline-healing-properties.html 

I LOVE the meanings of those tourmalines!

In Love stillheart.gif with my best friend & mama to three beautiful little boys! stork-suprise.gif Expecting #4 Oct. 2014!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2011, 04:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I sent glass butterfly beads because butterflies are a sign of transformation and new life. And I really like them! :)

Old 11-15-2011, 06:59 PM

Well, hopefully mine arrive soon and hopefully you ladies will be able to get them before labor kicks in. I'm a little frustrated at the post office and being told the beads would arrive Saturday. I haven't heard anything from BennyPai so I don't even know if they got there today or not. I figure I can at least tell you what you're getting and why I picked them:

I took BennyPai's idea of using something representing my home state of South Dakota. The state gem is a very rare kind of agate that is pretty much only found in Western South Dakota and a handful of other areas, so it's difficult to get. But the state mineral is rose quartz which I thought would still be a good choice. After looking up some of the benefits/meanings behind rose quartz, it confirmed my decision. Here's what I found out about rose quartz:

"Rose quartz is pink quartz that is often called the "Love Stone." It is a stone of unconditional love that opens the heart chakra to all forms of love: self-love, family love, platonic love, and romantic love. The high energy of quartz gives rose quartz the property of enhancing love in virtually any situation. In turn, this lowers stress. All in all it is a very soothing and happy stone. Rose quartz is also helpful and protective during pregnancy and with childbirth."

It sounded just about perfect to me! I hope everyone can get theirs so they can benefit from all the love energy.

Wife to DH stillheart.gif 08/09 and SAHM to DD 09/08 and DS 11/11

Surprise! Expecting #3 Nov. 2013!
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36 yikes2.gif **40

Old 11-15-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitlin0919 View Post

Well, hopefully mine arrive soon and hopefully you ladies will be able to get them before labor kicks in. I'm a little frustrated at the post office and being told the beads would arrive Saturday. I haven't heard anything from BennyPai so I don't even know if they got there today or not. I figure I can at least tell you what you're getting and why I picked them:

I took BennyPai's idea of using something representing my home state of South Dakota. The state gem is a very rare kind of agate that is pretty much only found in Western South Dakota and a handful of other areas, so it's difficult to get. But the state mineral is rose quartz which I thought would still be a good choice. After looking up some of the benefits/meanings behind rose quartz, it confirmed my decision. Here's what I found out about rose quartz:

"Rose quartz is pink quartz that is often called the "Love Stone." It is a stone of unconditional love that opens the heart chakra to all forms of love: self-love, family love, platonic love, and romantic love. The high energy of quartz gives rose quartz the property of enhancing love in virtually any situation. In turn, this lowers stress. All in all it is a very soothing and happy stone. Rose quartz is also helpful and protective during pregnancy and with childbirth."

It sounded just about perfect to me! I hope everyone can get theirs so they can benefit from all the love energy.

I LOVE it! That sounds sweet! I hope I get it before I have my baby.. it won't be in my mama-blessing this weekend, but I will string it onto my necklace as soon as it arrives :)

In Love stillheart.gif with my best friend & mama to three beautiful little boys! stork-suprise.gif Expecting #4 Oct. 2014!
Old 11-16-2011, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter

The last beads have arrived, and I'm going to send them out today to everyone I have an address for.  They're beautiful beads, and I'm happy to pass them along.  <3

I have addresses for:
avp.rsmilth
averylamb
Mamaecho
Mayachel
Azadehhast
Hillary77
Sowega
Rustydaisies
Czarena
Futuremamaheather

... I think I'm just missing SierraBella now.  I will have your beads ready to mail and bring them with me to the post office this afternoon.  You can PM your address to me or send it to the email I posted at the google group and it will go straight to my cell.

Namaste
Jenny

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
Old 11-16-2011, 10:42 AM

Hooray! Finally! Thanks for getting them out BennyPai! Sorry again that they were so late!

Old 11-16-2011, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter

I just added a photo of Caitlin0919's beads to the post with bead photos.

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
Old 11-17-2011, 03:15 PM

Czarena:  Czarena.jpg 

Your gift from me is  round like our babies heads, like the Mother Earth - they are wood because trees have deep roots and will ground us, connect us back to mother earth.

Old 11-18-2011, 10:25 AM

Just got my beads in the mail! Gorgeous!! Thanks again for all you've done :)

Old 11-18-2011, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter

joy.gif  Yay!  I hope all of the beads make it in time ... Blessings, Mamas! heartbeat.gif

Old 11-18-2011, 01:18 PM

I got mine!!! YAY!!! Thank you all and especially BennyPai for organizing this!!

in love with and married to my best friend ♥ snuggling my baby girl Ari Grace, 12-4-11

Old 11-19-2011, 01:56 PM

Mine arrived yesterday! It was so exciting to have a little tangible bit of love from everyone who participated. Thanks for keeping track of and organizing this BennyPai! The ones I sent are the burgundy and black ceramic heirloom beads from a necklace of my mother's that I "broke" while playing with as a little girl. To me they represent patience and love. 

Old 11-20-2011, 08:53 AM

I didn't get mine in time for my mama-blessing shower.. but I am still looking forward to making a necklace with the ones I got from my shower. They should be in the mailbox tomorrow.

Old 11-20-2011, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mayachel, the beads from you were very special, and definitely carry an important message.  With our #4 on the way, I can't explain how helpful it is to be reminded of the value of patience.  Thanks so much for sharing your story with us.  heartbeat.gif

SierraBella -- I'm so sorry your beads didn't make it before your Mama Blessing.  :(  All of the beads went out Monday, but yours had a long way to travel. I hope they arrive soon ...

Old 11-21-2011, 10:51 AM

Yay I got my beads today! When everyone started saying they'd gotten theirs last week, I thought maybe the universe had decided to teach me a lesson and get my beads to me at the very last minute(like, the day I go into labor) but I guess the universe has other plans for me. Thanks everyone for the beads, they're all lovely and I can't wait to put them together in a necklace! Also, thanks for your patience waiting for my beads to arrive. And special thanks to BennyPai for organizing everything and getting the beads out!

Old 11-21-2011, 05:06 PM

Gorgeous! loved them

creative crunchy christian wife to J stillheart.gif, Mama to three boys and one baby on the way!  chicken3.gif  doula in training love.gif

Old 11-21-2011, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

I'm so glad more bead are arriving. love.gif

Caitlin: You have a very positive energy, and I know the universe will respond to you accordingly. grouphug.gif Blessings to you for a peaceful birth and a healthy baby. And thank-you for the rose quartz. It was on my list of healing crystals to put in my birth room. heartbeat.gif

It would be great if we all took a photo of our birth beads once they're strung. smile.gif

My mother blessing is after Thanksgiving, so I'm waiting to add beads from local friends, too.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:00 PM

I got Caitlin's beads today! They are beautiful!

However, I haven't gotten the package of ALL the beads. Maybe I didn't put enough postage? I should have gotten the package of all the beads before the package of Caitlin's beads.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:08 PM

i got my beads!  i love them! so beautiful

heartbeat.gifMomma to baby boy Ember.babyf.gifborn at home 12/22/11.  Madly loving his daddy Thimble guitar.gif since 6/26/09. 

Old 11-22-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraBella View Post

However, I haven't gotten the package of ALL the beads. Maybe I didn't put enough postage? I should have gotten the package of all the beads before the package of Caitlin's beads.

I got them! They were in my neighbors mailbox!

Old 11-22-2011, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter

That had me worried, SierraBella!  I had the postmaster double-check all of the postage just to be sure, but once in a while things do get lost in the mail.  I'm so glad you got them!

Old 11-23-2011, 04:51 PM

Sorry, the whole house has been sick - but i did receive both packages! Thank you everyone!

Old 11-23-2011, 04:53 PM

I got the other ones from Caitlin yesterday :D

in love with and married to my best friend ♥ snuggling my baby girl Ari Grace, 12-4-11

Old 11-23-2011, 06:15 PM

Come on CanadaPost, I'm so excited to get mine....someday?!

Maker-mama, joyously loving my boy, Winter Rhys, born 12/2011, and our twins, Wren and Forest, born 4/2014.
Old 11-24-2011, 06:14 AM - Thread Starter

Oh, Azadehhast, I hope they come soon!  Do you have any idea how long it usually takes?  It's been 10 days now since mailing the first package. 

Blessings from the Atlantic coast to the Pacific coast >>Rainbow.gif. heartbeat.gif, baby.gif goodvibes.gif

Old 11-24-2011, 12:22 PM

If it's been 10 days, they should arrive anytime. Can't wait!

Maker-mama, joyously loving my boy, Winter Rhys, born 12/2011, and our twins, Wren and Forest, born 4/2014.
Old 11-25-2011, 09:01 AM

Mine arrived too! So beautiful, and I love being surrounded by the good energy of all of you wonderful women!

I'm Heather, newly married (12/5/10) to James! partners.gif
We are currently "mama" and "papa" to Maisy cat.gif and soon... parents to BABY NEW YEAR 2012!! babyf.gifWe're happily planning a h20homebirth.gif and intend to femalesling.GIFbfinfant.gifdiaper.gif

Old 11-25-2011, 02:36 PM

They came today! You all are so wonderful! What a great way to share birthing love and energy this is!

BTW, what are you all doing with yours? I'm combining mine with my Mama Blessing beads into a necklace, and I'm contemplating wearing it occasionally now, because I just feel so much love and courage and strength when I look at these beads. Or maybe they should keep all their special energy for the big day....thoughts?

Old 11-25-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azadehhast View Post

They came today! You all are so wonderful! What a great way to share birthing love and energy this is!

BTW, what are you all doing with yours? I'm combining mine with my Mama Blessing beads into a necklace, and I'm contemplating wearing it occasionally now, because I just feel so much love and courage and strength when I look at these beads. Or maybe they should keep all their special energy for the big day....thoughts?

I am doing the same. I should start working on it :)

Please post pics when you're done!

Old 11-26-2011, 07:51 AM - Thread Starter

:)  I'm so glad you finally have your beads, Azadehhast!  

Blessings to everyone and peaceful birth energy goodvibes.gif

I'll have my mother blessing tonight.  If I get any beads, I'll add them to my birth necklace, and I'll definitely take pics.   We have a great variety of beads!  I love everyone's choices and the warmth that they were chosen with.  I know the positive energy will help me during labor --  Thanks so much, everyone, for participating!  
My  second grade DD was also impressed:  She wanted to hear all about each bead and where it was sent from.  She took my beads to school last week and passed some around during her sharing circle.  I can't wait to see how they all look in necklaces, bracelets, etc.

I like to wear my necklace once I have it made.  Last time around, I wore it for a couple of weeks and during labor.  I know some mothers who couldn't take the feel of anything against their skin during labor, though.  It's good to have a place nearby your birthing area to hang your necklace in case you aren't able to wear it during labor.  That way, you can still see and touch the beads.  I think I'll put a small screw-in hook beside my birth pool, right next to my taped-up birth affirmations. 

User Tag List