Embarrassing pregnancy symptoms?! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 25 Old 08-25-2011, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have one very embarrassing pregnancy symptom from the time I found out I am pregnant!

My underwear are wet, all the time. I know TMI!

But, I sweat, leak urine, whatever. I have to wear a panty liner!

GROSS!

I never had this with my DS!

I feel like this baby though is pushing more on my bladder then ever!

Happily married to DH stillheart.gif for 11 years. Proud Mama bf.jpg of DS1 jammin.gif (10) and DS2  babyf.gif(12 m/o)

#2 of 25 Old 08-26-2011, 01:47 AM

I don't wear undies normally, but dh knows i HAVE to when pregnant from about 16 weeks on. Between my thighs touching, sweat, vaginal moisture and the occasional unprepared for sneeze - I gots ta.

You are not alone!

#3 of 25 Old 08-26-2011, 05:46 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

This pregnancy I have been using pantyliners for the first time in years, for all those reasons mentioned above. redface.gif

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
#4 of 25 Old 08-26-2011, 06:59 AM - Thread Starter

Happy I am not alone, sorry all of you are dealing with this too!

I change my underwear so many times a day because it just makes me feel weird!

AND its so hot here, so + pregnancy and heat = wet mess :lol

Happily married to DH stillheart.gif for 11 years. Proud Mama bf.jpg of DS1 jammin.gif (10) and DS2  babyf.gif(12 m/o)

#5 of 25 Old 08-26-2011, 08:08 AM

Add me. I picked up pantyliners, and DH waited about two days before finally just being like "I'm sorry... I have to ask... I don't understand."

It's discharge for me, not urine at least. But it's super sticky, and I have actually caused myself pain a few times by pulling my underwear down too fast and not realizing that I am STUCK to them. Brutal. And yes, there's so much of it, that I'm constantly worried about leaking through. And to top things off, since it's tinged yellowish, and there's so much, I'm worried about staining all my underwear!

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#6 of 25 Old 08-26-2011, 08:29 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Me too.  redface.gif

Lots of panty liners.  DH has been very sweet and not asked about them, but I know he is watching and wondering what the heck is going on.    

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#7 of 25 Old 08-26-2011, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter

I asked hubby to get me panty liners and he comes home with the these huge pads!

I was like "Are you trying to make a statement here?" LOL!

He just couldn't find the panty liners!

My Hubby doesn't ask what they are for either!

#8 of 25 Old 08-26-2011, 02:03 PM

Me too.  I have found the most wonderful reusable ones from www.lunapads.com .  Highly recommend their undies with the built in liners as well.  Very comfortable.

#9 of 25 Old 08-26-2011, 07:09 PM

Yep me too...I HATE panty liners so I jsut change my underwear a lot...I keep a spare set in my drawer at work lol...its bad.... I totally lose it when I sneeze and I have a fair amount of mucusy discharge too...and I sweat....ICKKKKKKK!!!!

#10 of 25 Old 08-26-2011, 08:07 PM

Totally second the luna pads/liners. I use lunas on a monthly basis anyway, so I had a stash already, but I just use the regular ones without any insert as panty liners. And then toss them in the laundry basket to be washed with the rest of my clothes, no special treatment (now anyway - when I'm using them for my period I don't do that LOL). I find them to be much more comfortable than disposable panty liners, especially on really sweaty days. And, um, there's no adhesive to get unstuck on sweaty days either.redface.gif I HATE that!!

I'm Heather, newly married (12/5/10) to James! partners.gif
We are currently "mama" and "papa" to Maisy cat.gif and soon... parents to BABY NEW YEAR 2012!! babyf.gifWe're happily planning a h20homebirth.gif and intend to femalesling.GIFbfinfant.gifdiaper.gif

#11 of 25 Old 08-26-2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post

Add me. I picked up pantyliners, and DH waited about two days before finally just being like "I'm sorry... I have to ask... I don't understand."

It's discharge for me, not urine at least. But it's super sticky, and I have actually caused myself pain a few times by pulling my underwear down too fast and not realizing that I am STUCK to them. Brutal. And yes, there's so much of it, that I'm constantly worried about leaking through. And to top things off, since it's tinged yellowish, and there's so much, I'm worried about staining all my underwear!

Me too.. all of what you said!

In Love stillheart.gif with my best friend & mama to three beautiful little boys! stork-suprise.gif Expecting #4 Oct. 2014!
#12 of 25 Old 08-26-2011, 09:57 PM

ugh yes!! I feel like I smell all the time because of my underpants. blah.

creative crunchy christian wife to J stillheart.gif, Mama to three boys and one baby on the way!  chicken3.gif  doula in training love.gif

#13 of 25 Old 08-26-2011, 10:31 PM

Same fun stuff going on over here!  I actually spoke to my doctor about it the other day just to make sure it wasn't abnormal.  

Mom to my little super hero superhero.gif (02/06) and our super hero-in-training femalesling.GIF (11/11).

#14 of 25 Old 08-28-2011, 01:40 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I've had that happen a few times, but not too bad (yet?) BUT I thought of something today that is really embarrassing to me... the CRYING! Every stupid little thing makes me cry, and I'm not the type of person who normally shows much emotion. Even when it's just DH and I, he has an easier time letting it go and he's a typical guy who doesn't like to admit he cries sometimes. The kids have been good 'therapy', because they've figured it out and started asking me to watch Animal Rescue with them so they can laugh at me.

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#15 of 25 Old 08-29-2011, 03:54 PM

When your pantyliner becomes so wet that it loses stickiness and falls out of your pants in the middle of the store, then consider yourself embarrassed.

#16 of 25 Old 08-29-2011, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisBeautifulWife View Post

When your pantyliner becomes so wet that it loses stickiness and falls out of your pants in the middle of the store, then consider yourself embarrassed.

Oh wow!!  You've got me beat there!!  I hope nobody saw it......:)

Mom to my little super hero superhero.gif (02/06) and our super hero-in-training femalesling.GIF (11/11).

#17 of 25 Old 08-29-2011, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

Oh wow, yes you did beat me there too. haha!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisBeautifulWife View Post

#18 of 25 Old 08-30-2011, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendizbaby View Post

Oh wow!!  You've got me beat there!!  I hope nobody saw it......:)

I don't know if anyone saw because I was too shocked. bigeyes.gif I quickly slid my foot over it to cover it and then I bent over and picked it up. My husband gave me a strange look, so maybe he saw, but he didn't say anything.

#19 of 25 Old 08-31-2011, 12:36 PM

Haha, this is great. I concur with the annoyingly increased discharge eyesroll.gif

I think I have just generally increased bodily secretions. I feel like I have way more saliva and start drooling before I eat. Also more snot, so I'm constantly needing to blow my nose and never have a tissue handy. I have also noticed increased earwax production. Anyone else experience that? Oy.

27 y/o treehugger.gif  & DH geek.gif married 7/3/10. Living in Maryland with 3 cat.gifand 2 dog2.gifand one luxlove.gif on the way!

Our Easter BFP pos.gif will bring us a New Years Baby due 12/30

#20 of 25 Old 08-31-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyScientist View Post

Haha, this is great. I concur with the annoyingly increased discharge eyesroll.gif

I think I have just generally increased bodily secretions. I feel like I have way more saliva and start drooling before I eat. Also more snot, so I'm constantly needing to blow my nose and never have a tissue handy. I have also noticed increased earwax production. Anyone else experience that? Oy.

I definitely have more saliva - I've noticed that I've started drooling when I go to sleep now!

#21 of 25 Old 08-31-2011, 07:39 PM

I have increased saliva...I drool all over my pillow every night!  Also, increased snot for sure!  I have kleenex in every room, car and my purse!  My nose is always running.  Not so sure about the ear wax...I've been keeping up on the q-tips.  :)  

#22 of 25 Old 08-31-2011, 11:13 PM

I haven't noticed the saliva, but I kept meaning to mention the snot! lol. My nose isn't running or anything, but every single day I can find oodles of not so liquidy buildup congesting my nose. I've never had anything like that. I'm not sick... it's just... there. 

Is that gross enough? lol

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#23 of 25 Old 09-01-2011, 06:42 AM

The snot thing is totally happening to me too. And I've been snoring because of it... lovely. My poor sick hubby had to go sleep in the other room the other night because my snoring was keeping him awake!! I felt awful. And then I stretched out in bed and slept all sprawled out like I used to before we got married & pregnant and I felt much much much less awful. lol.gif blush.gif

I'm Heather, newly married (12/5/10) to James! partners.gif
We are currently "mama" and "papa" to Maisy cat.gif and soon... parents to BABY NEW YEAR 2012!! babyf.gifWe're happily planning a h20homebirth.gif and intend to femalesling.GIFbfinfant.gifdiaper.gif

#24 of 25 Old 09-01-2011, 03:42 PM

This thread is making me feel much more normal! I'm not having any bladder issues yet, but this nose thing is driving me nuts. Just as soon as my body knew it was pregnant, my nose has been on hyperactive alert, constantly sneezing, stuffing, running (and running, and running). I can't do anything without a handful of napkins close to hand, and I had to make more so as not to have to wash every day. I blow my nose at least 30 times every day, for the past 6 months, and I'm so tired of it!! DH says I should take allergy medicine (he doesn't know most of them aren't good for pregnancy), but I know this crazy nose is pregnancy-caused, and nothing helps. I'm SO looking forward to it going back to normal some day. (Please tell me it will!)

Maker-mama, joyously loving my boy, Winter Rhys, born 12/2011, and our twins, Wren and Forest, born 4/2014.
#25 of 25 Old 09-01-2011, 04:22 PM

I don't have a stuffy/runny nose at all, but my sinuses are blocked all the time.  I almost always wake up with a headache near my inner eye and occasionally my right ear goes funny and feels like it's underwater.  The ear thing is sooo annoying.  I can hear myself breathe and it drives me crazy.  My neti pot doesn't seem to do anything.  I keep meaning to boil some water and do a steam facial, but I never quite get around to that.  Mostly I rely on Tylenol when there's a lot of pressure.  For awhile there it was like a daily supplement for me :(  I hate taking that kind of stuff.

Serene, happily married to my DH

Dahlia Bluebelle born 8/09, Pearl Whimsy born 12/11

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page