Baby's position? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 11-08-2011, 10:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Does it feel different if the baby's butt or head is down? Like, someone said when the head is engaged it feels like a watermelon down there or something, lol, does it feel like that if a baby is butt-down?

Also is it possible for her to be head down and then move around again, then go back? Because the other day I felt an odd pressure/fullness in my pelvis and my bladder capacity dropped, but after a day that went away. Tonight I feel the pressure/fullness in my pelvis again, and it's sort of painful down there to walk. I wasn't sure if that was the baby, or just the overtired muscles.

in love with and married to my best friend ♥ snuggling my baby girl Ari Grace, 12-4-11

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 33 Old 11-08-2011, 10:42 PM - Thread Starter

I finally got my midwife to check at 33 weeks and baby was breech, which is pretty consistent with what I've felt for a while: kicks down low, hiccups and heartbeat on the upper left side.  I've been doing the full court press (inversions, acupuncture, moxibustion, chiropractic, massage, Mayan abdominal massage, flashlight, cold peas, Bach's Brandenburg concertos 1-4, hypnobabies flip CD) for the last two weeks and no luck so far.  I have an appointment Thursday (I'll be 35w5d).  We'll see what's up next.

Jane: mama to 3 angels and The Champ(11/08) and Baby Z appearing in December

#33 of 33 Old 11-09-2011, 12:16 PM

I went to my Dr last week (@ 35 weeks), and she was pretty sure the baby wasn't head down yet.  I thought the baby was still laying sideways for the most part too.  She wasn't worried, and said that with a third pregnancy (which mine is) that the baby has more room to move around later.  

The day after the Dr apt, I think the baby moved, and seems to be head down ever since.  My husband thinks that all our talk of breech convinced him/ her to move:)  I guess I'll get confirmation next week @ my 37 week check up!  I haven't tried anything to move the baby either, although I do have another chiro apt the day after my Dr apt, which might come in handy

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page