What are you getting done/ what do you have yet to do - The List Thread - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 58 Old 10-25-2011, 07:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yesterday was pretty productive too. DH put one of the girls dressors together, with promises to do the other one today. Ordered my curtains. Washed and put away bottles, etc for baby. Inventoried what is needed for breastpump and ordered. And cleaned up the house from the weekend. Plan for today: laundry, cutout cookies for MOPS, put dressor together, hang curtains in girls room, hang window hardware in family room, baths and get ready for work meeting tomorrow (which involves packing kids stuff for sitter).  Tomorrow looks busy too. :P

Melissa-Mama to Allyson carrot.gif 1-22-07 and Katelyn homebirth.jpg 5-14-09 and Paul 1-2-12 my 10 lb 6oz. homebirthed baby boy.

#32 of 58 Old 10-29-2011, 09:52 PM

Completed:

-Wrote list of must haves before baby is born (see below...)

-bought crib, chose fabric for crib blanket, which MIL is making. 

-bought pack and play for sleep area first few weeks

-pulled out and organized all the clothing, sorted by sizes. 

-pulled out diapers, decided to stick with current stash, and supplement with sposies until the OS fit. 

-confirmed usage of bucket seat and bouncer chair from friends

-went through list- we definately have all the clothing/blankets/big stuff etc we need

-bought ultrasound gel for doppler, and chux pads for laboring at home

-just ordered two more bras for use as nursing bras

-set up the p&p we bought used, and bought one piece it was missing

-found fabric for crib sheet and pack and play sheets

-washed all diapers

-update birth plan, and write a JIC c-section plan- printed copies and have them saved in folder on my desktop

-Picked up both pull on v-neck style nursing bras- waiting until after the birth to buy one molded cup one. 

-bought diaper pail for downstairs

-bought large wetbag to hang in bedroom (will transfer once a day to pail downstairs)

-bought diaper detergent

-Submitted paperwork for work-- last day November 12th!

-Looked up paperwork for mat leave payments-- can't start claim until the day I go off work. 

-contacted doula- confirmed payment (none, isn't she awesome!) and in the process of setting up a 'date' for next week for her to meet DH and do mat photos. 

-did some freezer stashing- 2 meatloafs, and 2 tins of 30 meatballs each, plus 2 dozen choc chip cookies, a dozen granola bars (mmm oatmeal to help with supply), and two dozen shortbread cookies. 

-Booked install for remote car starter.

-Got wrap back

-sterilized all bottles and pumps

-washed all blankets

-Decided on diaper system- small bin to sit in the p&p with a few diapers, lotion, wash, bibs, washcloths, etc in it, and the others will go in the bottom part of the pack and play

Need to Do:

-purchase crib mattress

-pick up the bucket seat and bouncer chair

-wash all clothing and put clothing back into closet

-Empty out baby's room of crap... 

-Buy rocker

-Get a pack of newborn sposies (waiting until closer to the date, since I'm sure someone will buy some for us, and I don't want too many)

-Meet with doula so DH can meet her

-finish paperwork for work

-Freezer stash!! 

-buy depends/emergen-c and put together labor box for home

-pack hospital bag

-choose name... 

-get MIL to serge diaper inserts

-write own christmas list

-finish updating and slowly sending out baby registry/christmas list to relatives.

-Purchase gifts for at least 50% of family (all the children's gifts would be nice to get out of the way...) 

-Remove Antique case from baby's room and take over to aunt's house. 

-Book housecleaner for end of November. 

-Get MIL to make crib blanket and sheets and pack and play sheets out of fabric we bought

-wash extra diapers I forgot about, as well as all washcloths, swaddle blankets, hats, bibs, etc. 

Tomorrow should bring picking up the bouncer seat (we ended up having to buy one, but I found one for $5 on a craigslist type posting), as well as we're doing a shopping trip, and I think I'm going to pick up the sposie diapers, the depends, and the emergen-c. I started putting together my labor box for home as well as printed my hospital bag packing list. I just still feel like it's too early to actually pack said bag. 

I have tomorrow off, and DH will be gone for several hours, so I think I may focus on christmas type stuff-- calling people and reminding them we need lists, and also finishing up mine and the baby's list and sending them out. 

The sewing for my MIL (sheets, blanket and serging of diaper inserts) all needs to wait until after halloween because she's currently making costumes for my nieces. After though, I'm hoping she'll have them done within a week. I'll feel so much better! I sat down tonight and started organizing the baby's closet-- somewhat futile, but I was able to fold and put away all the blankets, and figure out how many more bins I need. I've also asked DH to build a small bookshelf type thing. I just want it big enough to hold some books, and then a few small small bins with things like bibs, hats, extra soothers, etc. Then the top shelf will be mostly empty- and serve as a side table beside our glider for me to put a drink, the phone, etc down on while nursing. Pretty much the only things in the nursery will be the crib, the glider and that shelf. 

***Edit for today's progress!  I managed to pick up the bouncer, which is perfect, as well as a pack of newborn sposies, a pack of depends and overnights pads for myself post birth, as well as two more small organizer bins for the closet. Yay! Nobody at either pharmacy place had ever heard of emergen-c, so I'm going to have to do more searching. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#33 of 58 Old 10-30-2011, 06:52 AM

You are doing AWESOME getting stuff done. I love this thread wish I had saw it earlier. I had a ton of stuff to do until just this past weekend. See my short list at the bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendizbaby View Post

Awesome!  What kind did you get?  That's a big "to do"...nice to cross off your list!

So, I've gotten a few things done (see notes below):

What I've gotten done:

- painted the baby's room (finished that today!!).  

- ordered his dresser/ changing table - will arrive in 2 weeks

- cleaned out his closet and threw all the newborn clothes in the crib to be washed

-bought swing

-bought blu ray player so that I can stream Netflix on those late nights :)

What I need to do:

-buy a car seat and a stroller

-buy some long-sleaved onesies and outdoor bodysuits

-buy a warm blanket for travel

-buy new sheets for the double bed in his room

-buy a bath

-buy infant insert for ergo carrier - I'm just going to use a blanket for this.  Has anyone else done this before?  I don't want to spend $25 on a piece of cloth.

-buy some nursing bras

-buy some cheap pjs for when I'm birthing at the hospital

-buy a noise maker for his room

-buy new parts for breast pump

-buy washclothes for wipes - I also bought the sensitive wipes just in case we have a huge mess :)

-buy Christmas presents  - bought the big gifts...have a few more gift cards to buy for family

Adding more "to do's":

- nail clippers

-pack hospital bag

-buy seat covers for van 

-buy new diaper changing pad for dresser

-buy diaper changing caddy to have downstairs

Seems like all I really need to do now is buy stuff.  Normally, I would love that, but right now I don't have the energy for shopping nor the money.  I usually work a little to pick up some extra money, but I'm too tired for that too.  Booooo.

Done:

Sibling class for my 4 year old

Crib/Changer combo (in storage)

Carseat bought

Sit n Stand bought

Crib bedding

Enough clothing up to 6 months

Everything Washed

Breast Pump and pads

Bottles

Monitors

Diapers for first month (back up brand in case there is a sensitivity)

Arms Reach mini co-sleeper

Diaper bag packed for hospital

New baby book to fill out

To Do:

Buy a house (we are currently living with parents until we find one and it looks like we will be here at least until baby is born)

Decorate Nursery (Don't have one until we buy a house)

Figure out what infant support I want for car seat (I wanted the snuggin go support, but the company said it won't work with my baby trend car seat)

Pack hospital bag

Get non maternity clothes out of storage

Get car back up diaper changing pad

car seat mirrors for my car (hubbies already bought)

Install car seat

Get new camera battery

Make big sister shirt

Buy nursing bra's........It is so hard to find them in my size, any suggestions where to shop?

Student Mother  and Wife hang.gif 29 married to DH 31 jammin.gif since 03 Zoe Elizabeth Jane 4.75 energy.gif and Jace Aaron Edward 12/12/11 babyboy.gif

#34 of 58 Old 10-30-2011, 04:17 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

This thread scares me. >.<

So far, I/we have: 

• Completely cleaned out the office - threw away 12 bags of trash/shredded files and gave away 7 huge boxes full of random electronic/household/collectible stuff (SO proud of my DH for purging so much of this stuff!)
  • Assembled the baby dresser (now that we have room for it! LOL) and hung the mini-blinds in that room (it's only been 2 years... >.> )
  • Put together a registry, and finally got out the invites for the shower (at the request of the hostess, who recently shattered her shoulder and had to undergo reconstructive surgery - she asked us to send them out for her, so we did)
  • Bought a crib mattress (on clearance for $6, woohoo!)
  • Drafted a birth plan
  • Packed the hospital bag (well... packing it in 10 minutes, so that counts, right?)
  • Assembled/found/purchased xmas gifts for 3 family members =D

Still need to:

• Assemble the crib (low on the priority list, as we'll be cosleeping unless baby decides otherwise, but I still feel like I "should" have it set up, y'know?)
  • Unpack newborn clothes into newly-assembled dresser (we have pretty much everything we will need up until the first year, additional gifts are just gravy)
  • Get maternity photos (probably next weekend)
  • Do the baby shower thing (the 13th)
  • Buy whatever we will need that is not gifted at said baby shower
  • Get the replacement parts for the Medela (will do that tomorrow)
  • Tour hospital (the 12th)
  • Find a diaper bag that doesn't give me the cutesy dry heaves =/
  • Figure out how to get the remaining MOUND of empty boxes to the trash. Literally, my dining room has been overtaken by a giant mountain of empty boxes. Dear god we had so much CRAP packed into that office!!
  • Do the next, oh, two months' worth of homework just in case he decides to show up before the end of the semester. >.<

Ok, going away now to pack my hospital bag while the nesting instinct remains stronger than the fatigue! =)

Just a homegrown heretic hopelessly in love with her amazing DH, 2.5 year old Eli, and now expecting a new arrival April 2015.
#35 of 58 Old 10-30-2011, 04:31 PM

Well, I've done a few things. Last week was a draw because I was sick half the week and DD was really sick the second half of the week.

New to do:

Get two more chickens for the kids to use for 4H projects/ State fair (deadline is Dec 1st)

Get carpet cleaned or rent cleaner and spot clean. (I hate carpet. Gr)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carseatqueen View Post

A lot of my stuff isn't super baby- related other than I need to do it before baby is here or it won't happen. I guess that's reality with #4. ;-)

To do:

Locate brocade ringsling. I must have loaned it to someone and forgot. I just have to remember who. Eek!

Get and inventory NB CDs from SIL, I should have enough, but I need to check

Clean out my top drawer and dresser for diaper changing area.

Make or buy changing pad cover, mine is, um, well used by two boys and totally clashes with our room

Make DDs AG doll bed sheets (I have fabric)

Get nursing pads, pptm pads, and a few things left on homebirth supply list

Finish Christmas shopping (Ha!) I've told everyone they are getting a baby for Christmas.

Paint kids bathroom with semi-gloss (flat paint+country living+3 kids= yuck!)

Go through 5 bins from barn that have stuff that can be stored inside/decluttered About half done

Make 2010 Snapfish photo album (not that I've been procrastinating or anything...)

Put up the remaining pics and store the unused frames/deco stuff somewhere or get rid of it (half done now)

Buy 1-2 nursing tanks. (Tried, I can't fine smalls anywhere! Grrrrr. I really don't want to order them)

To Do/Nov or later:

Set up mini Pack n Play

Get myself a haircut

Get some winter shirts (maybe pants) that will fit after baby (I know my xss won't be working for this winter and I dowsized everything I didn't love when we moved since we were "done."....sigh)

Done:

Clean out plastic drawers in the boys closet and put in my closet for baby clothes/blankets

Get DS2 a new new car seat since baby will need the Coccoro he's using (I was able to trade seats with a friend, so didn't have to buy. Yea!)

Clean double stroller (Phil and Teds)

Go through everything in the kids rooms/closets (prettty easy since we just moved in Feb)

Start freezer stash- one thing every two weeks is my goal (so far: home made split pea soup)

Buy two nursing bras for first month

Get one pack disposeable diapers

get Kashi cookies for homebirth kit (no, it's not on the midwife's list. LOL.)

CPST, LLL and Mom to a 9yr old animal lovin' girl, 6yr old wild man,  4 yr old cuddle bug and 1 year old "little brother."

Now we are growing the family with chickens, ducks, and dairy goats.

#36 of 58 Old 11-02-2011, 02:29 PM

Ahhhh, panic!  I haven't managed to cross off one thing from the list I posted :(  The last few weeks have been filled with bronchitis, pneumonia and head lice (thank you public school) instead, but things are looking up so hopefully next week will be more productive!

#37 of 58 Old 11-02-2011, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter

Getting more stuff done!  Actually, it seems like just a matter of buying stuff...I am really racking up the miles on my Discover card!! :)

Just so I can have the satisfaction of crossing stuff off........

What I need to do:

-buy a car seat and a stroller

-buy some long-sleaved onesies and outdoor bodysuits

-buy a warm blanket for travel

-buy new sheets for the double bed in his room

-buy a bath

-buy infant insert for ergo carrier

-buy some nursing bras

-buy some cheap pjs for when I'm birthing at the hospital

-buy a noise maker for his room

-buy new parts for breast pump

-buy washclothes for wipes

-buy Christmas presents

-paint the baby's room 

-order his dresser/ changing table

-buy swing

- nail clippers

-pack hospital bag (started)

-buy seat covers for van 

-buy new diaper changing pad for dresser

-buy diaper changing caddy to have downstairs

I think I'm pretty good now.  I want to buy a jogger, but I'm waiting for it to go on sale and can wait for that one.  I've been focusing on my birth lately....got snacks in the hospital bag, got my ipod charged as the back up for my shuffle in my bag and have finished the hypnobirthing book.  I really need to just rest and get myself pumped up for labor!  My son has 3 weeks off after this week, so it's a perfect time to relax and take it easy.

Mom to my little super hero superhero.gif (02/06) and our super hero-in-training femalesling.GIF (11/11).

#38 of 58 Old 11-02-2011, 08:09 PM

Wow.  I have not even thought about it, but I am due much later than most of you.

To do:

1. Finish teaching my classes.  This is my biggest concern . . .I just want to be done.  Now.  :)  They don't end until 12/16, and then I have grading . . .don't want the baby born before than so I can really enjoy.  No control over this one!
  2. Buy new car seats for 2 middle kids.  No $ for a bigger van, so we're getting Sunshine Radian seats instead.  Must order!
  3. Get the cord blood donation kit, though sometimes there just isn't enough blood to do it (my kids tend to have short cords).  I always try.
  4. Get gifts from the baby to the kids and one from them.  It's tradition-- they always get some stuffed animal from the new sibling and vice versa.  I was unprepared with #3 so we went shopping at the hospital gift shop while I was in labor.
  5. Maybe get cloth diapers-- new prefolds.  My other ones are too old. Not sure if I'll CD or am going to be too lazy.  Should get some disposables early.
  6. Figure out sleeping arrangements.  DH and I can't figure out what we'll do . . .#4 starts off in her crib (she is SO EASY to put to sleep-- never had a child like her) but always ends up sleeping with us.  She takes over the bed . . .can't fit a newborn, too.  We barely fit and we are not big people. 
  7. Find/buy some sleepers.  I think we have some . . .need to look.
  8. Pack a hospital bag.  I really like wearing clothes in the hospital-- not the dumb gown.  It feels a million times better.
  9. Get gifts for Christmas.  I want to get them now . . .I always like to get them early for many reasons.

If I get all of that done, I'll be happy.  :)

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#39 of 58 Old 11-02-2011, 09:18 PM

I have no idea what needs to be done!!  What's all this preparation nonsense?  j/k kind of.  Let's see.

Done:

Sell desk

Organize and wash baby clothes and diapers

Make and freeze breakfasts (2-3 weeks)

Made 3 dinners (1 week)

Knit baby hat

Toured hospital/childbirth class

Acquired many, many baby items from friends

To do:

Get/set up crib

Get/set up car seat/stroller

Buy prefolds

Make 1-2 weeks dinners

Choose pediatrician

Buy snacks and drinks for birth

Make treat (pumpkin roll)

Pack hospital bag

Baby shower (in 2 weeks!) - reassess what we still need

Buy nursing bras/tops

Knit sweater

Jogger/Chariot

Thank you cards to everyone

Make xmas presents

Get newborn disposables

#40 of 58 Old 11-04-2011, 09:29 AM

Never feels like I'm getting enough done! D=

So far, I/we have: 

• Completely cleaned out the office - threw away 12 bags of trash/shredded files and gave away 7 huge boxes full of random electronic/household/collectible stuff (SO proud of my DH for purging so much of this stuff!)
  • Assembled the baby dresser (now that we have room for it! LOL) and hung the mini-blinds in that room (it's only been 2 years... >.> )
  • Put together a registry, and finally got out the invites for the shower (at the request of the hostess, who recently shattered her shoulder and had to undergo reconstructive surgery - she asked us to send them out for her, so we did)
  • Bought a crib mattress (on clearance for $6, woohoo!)
  • Drafted a birth plan
  • Packed the hospital bag (...mostly...)
  • Unpacked newborn clothes into newly-assembled dresser
  • Got the replacement parts for the Medela
  • Assembled the crib (decided to place this on hold for the foreseeable future)
  • Found something cute to wear to baby shower

Still need to:

• Tour hospital (the 12th)
  • Do maternity photos (the 12th)
  • Do the baby shower thing (the 13th)
  • Buy whatever we will need that is not gifted at said baby shower (probably on Black Friday)
  • Find a diaper bag that doesn't give me the cutesy dry heaves =/ 
  • Do the next, oh, two months' worth of homework just in case he decides to show up before the end of the semester. (A work in progress! Getting closer, hoping to be done by next Friday! =) )
  • Keep working on xmas presents

Just a homegrown heretic hopelessly in love with her amazing DH, 2.5 year old Eli, and now expecting a new arrival April 2015.
#41 of 58 Old 11-04-2011, 11:18 AM

I'll sum it up this way:

too much stuff to do, not enough time to do it. ;) 

creative crunchy christian wife to J stillheart.gif, Mama to three boys and one baby on the way!  chicken3.gif  doula in training love.gif

#42 of 58 Old 11-04-2011, 01:32 PM

stock up on labor foods: dried mango, honey, gatorade

buy maxipads and stick them in the freezer

make some birth playlists

wash all the liners from our strollers and carseat

buy frozen meals for first few weeks

clean breast pump parts

rearrange bedroom furniture to make room for pool

put up a curtain in the nursery

stock up on vitamin water/naked smoothies to drink while nursing

make a plan for Christmas card/birth announcement combo

make a "nursing basket" for my son to play with while baby nurses

#43 of 58 Old 11-04-2011, 01:34 PM

Mmm! Is there any reason dried mango is good for labor? I LOVE dried mango. 

creative crunchy christian wife to J stillheart.gif, Mama to three boys and one baby on the way!  chicken3.gif  doula in training love.gif

#44 of 58 Old 11-04-2011, 02:13 PM

omg... how could I forget this! Adding to my list: find a childcare provider! (I have practicum placement out of town two days per week... baby has to come with me so no family to watch him!)

I think dried mango would be good for labor BECAUSE it is delicious!  xD

#45 of 58 Old 11-04-2011, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaecho View Post

Mmm! Is there any reason dried mango is good for labor? I LOVE dried mango. 

I know that if I buy dried mango now, it won't last 2 days with me in this house!!  :)

Mom to my little super hero superhero.gif (02/06) and our super hero-in-training femalesling.GIF (11/11).

#46 of 58 Old 11-05-2011, 05:54 AM

dried mango gives you a lot of energy, I forget the technical reason why lol..........I used it with my son's homebirth on the advice of a doula and I'll be doing it again for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendizbaby View Post

I know that if I buy dried mango now, it won't last 2 days with me in this house!!  :)

#47 of 58 Old 11-05-2011, 07:03 AM

My playlist is easy. Complete and total silence. "yes, mom, I said shut the *f* up, not be quiet."

Quote:
Originally Posted by nymama531 View Post

make some birth playlists

rustydaisies likes this.

Melissa-Mama to Allyson carrot.gif 1-22-07 and Katelyn homebirth.jpg 5-14-09 and Paul 1-2-12 my 10 lb 6oz. homebirthed baby boy.

#48 of 58 Old 11-06-2011, 10:54 AM

I've never heard that about dried mango before.  I think I might have to pick some up for a little treat:) I know when I was in labor with my first, I drank tons of gatorade and it really kept me going!

#49 of 58 Old 11-07-2011, 04:24 PM

Alright, let's update after this weekend.  I'm not adding anything!

Done:

Sell desk

Organize and wash baby clothes and diapers

Make and freeze breakfasts (2-3 weeks)

Made 3 dinners (1 week)

Knit baby hat

Toured hospital/childbirth class

Acquired many, many baby items from friends

Get/set up crib

Get/set up car seat/stroller

Buy prefolds  (got 24 from a friend)

Make 1-2 weeks dinners

To do:

Choose pediatrician

Buy snacks and drinks for birth

Make treat (pumpkin roll)

Pack hospital bag

Baby shower (in 2 weeks!) - reassess what we still need

Buy nursing bras/tops

Knit sweater

Jogger/Chariot

Thank you cards to everyone

Make xmas presents

Get newborn disposables

Eh... I thought it was way more than that, lol.

#50 of 58 Old 11-07-2011, 04:54 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

That IS a lot! Shopping is a huge time-suck.

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#51 of 58 Old 11-08-2011, 01:50 PM

I never got around to writing my list...

nb baby clothes - unpacked, washed, and in drawer

0-3 baby clothes - separated but not organized or washed (that's okay)

diapers - not washed yet.. not sure how many we will need, if we are using cloth, etc.  plan to just order a box of sposies before I come home and worry about it later

arms reach cosleeper set up in my room

crib is not ready in 'baby room'- told dh to do it. I think he is playing a video game in the basement/hiding from me

food - um going to enlist mom and friends to do shopping while I'm in hospital.

childcare for dd - mom is helping out.  dh is going to have to step it up.

hospital bag - half packed.  I keep taking things out that I need.

carseat - 2 bases installed.  only have 1 actual carseat though.  ups is supposed to bring new one today....  well, it will be here before I am home from the hospital.

house is a mess.  I don't care.

I don't have any idea what to eat for dinner tonight.  maybe I will order out?

I have 1/4 bottle of red wine that I plan to drink tonight maybe I'll have a glass now as I am feeling a little stressed.

I just keep telling myself that things have a way of working themselves out.

Wish me luck for tomorrow.

mama to dust.gifdd 8/09 and slingtwin.gif dd + ds 11/11

#52 of 58 Old 11-08-2011, 02:38 PM

I've been having to get up earlier - watching a friends kids this week - and I've actually gotten a ton done off my freezer list. 3 enchiladas, 3 lasagnas, 2 spagetti, 3 veggie soup, 1 ck and rice soup, 8 french toasts (we eat it once a week I did this months and nexts), set up jars of oatmeal. Plus quite a bit of random things on my to-do list :)

She's paying me to be more productive and let her kids play with mine?

#53 of 58 Old 11-08-2011, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb76 View Post

I just keep telling myself that things have a way of working themselves out.

Wish me luck for tomorrow.

Good luck tomorrow!!!  Let the baby births begin for our DDC!!!  thumbsup.gif

#54 of 58 Old 11-08-2011, 03:20 PM

How do you guys reheat the french toast? I keep reading about that and drooling, but I'm not sure on the reheat process. 

I can't wait to start re-freezer stashing again. Our old one is currently defrosting, should be sold within the next couple days, and then we can look at purchasing the new upright... and filling it with yummies!

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#55 of 58 Old 11-09-2011, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post

How do you guys reheat the french toast? I keep reading about that and drooling, but I'm not sure on the reheat process. 

I can't wait to start re-freezer stashing again. Our old one is currently defrosting, should be sold within the next couple days, and then we can look at purchasing the new upright... and filling it with yummies!

I just move it to the fridge the night before and then toast it!  (though i've been known to toast from frozen too!)

#56 of 58 Old 11-10-2011, 10:42 AM

Getting There!  I'm 37 weeks today. 

Completed:

-Wrote list of must haves before baby is born (see below...)

-bought crib, chose fabric for crib blanket, which MIL is making. 

-bought pack and play for sleep area first few weeks

-pulled out and organized all the clothing, sorted by sizes. 

-pulled out diapers, decided to stick with current stash, and supplement with sposies until the OS fit. 

-confirmed usage of bucket seat and bouncer chair from friends

-went through list- we definately have all the clothing/blankets/big stuff etc we need

-bought ultrasound gel for doppler, and chux pads for laboring at home

-just ordered two more bras for use as nursing bras

-set up the p&p we bought used, and bought one piece it was missing

-found fabric for crib sheet and pack and play sheets

-washed all diapers

-update birth plan, and write a JIC c-section plan- printed copies and have them saved in folder on my desktop

-Picked up both pull on v-neck style nursing bras- waiting until after the birth to buy one molded cup one. 

-bought diaper pail for downstairs

-bought large wetbag to hang in bedroom (will transfer once a day to pail downstairs)

-bought diaper detergent

-Submitted paperwork for work-- last day November 12th!

-Looked up paperwork for mat leave payments-- can't start claim until the day I go off work. 

-contacted doula- confirmed payment (none, isn't she awesome!) and in the process of setting up a 'date' for next week for her to meet DH and do mat photos. 

-did some freezer stashing- 2 meatloafs, and 2 tins of 30 meatballs each, plus 2 dozen choc chip cookies, a dozen granola bars (mmm oatmeal to help with supply), and two dozen shortbread cookies. 

-Booked install for remote car starter-- had this installed. 

-Got wrap back

-sterilized all bottles and pumps

-washed all blankets and remaining diapers/hats/bibs etc

-Decided on diaper system- small bin to sit in the p&p with a few diapers, lotion, wash, bibs, washcloths, etc in it, and the others will go in the bottom part of the pack and play

-bought a pack of sposies.

Need to Do:

-purchase crib mattress

-pick up the bucket seat 

-wash all clothing and put clothing back into closet

-Empty out baby's room of crap...   ((Mostly done, probably as much as will get done before she comes))

-Buy rocker

-Meet with doula so DH can meet her

-finish paperwork for work

-Freezer stash!! 

-put together labor box for home- in progress. 

-pack hospital bag- in progress 

-choose name... 

-get MIL to serge diaper inserts -- taken over to her house... 

-write own christmas list

-finish updating and slowly sending out baby registry/christmas list to relatives.

-Purchase gifts for at least 50% of family (all the children's gifts would be nice to get out of the way...) 

-Remove Antique case from baby's room and take over to aunt's house. 

-Book housecleaner for end of November. 

-Get MIL to make crib blanket and sheets and pack and play sheets out of fabric we bought

-wash extra diapers I forgot about, as well as all washcloths, swaddle blankets, hats, bibs, etc. 

Ok so we're mostly there. Have an appt on Saturday to meet with the doula, and also get the bucket seat at the same time. I am forcing myself to send out my xmas list and the baby's today, so I can cross that off. I think DH and i decided for all of our nieces (5 of them) we'll be buying build a bear gift certificates, because that's apparently what they reallllll ywant, and it's easy! 

I need to keep on MIL with the sewing now. We have a temp sheet on the crib, but nothing for the pack and play right now. I'd like to have the inserts back as well, even though we won't need them at first. 

My main focus the next couple days is I think going to be cleaning the house. I need to do a good tidy and organization, and then we're going to have someone come in to do walls, floors, bathroom, etc. 

#57 of 58 Old 11-11-2011, 12:46 PM

I got my eyes checked and ordered some more contact (no dilation of my eyes since pregnant, woohoo), bought the rest of the birth supplies (I bought powdered gatorade to add to water, so I don't drink it now. lol) and did a tiny bit of Christmas shopping.

#58 of 58 Old 11-13-2011, 05:46 PM

So far, I/we have: 

• Completely cleaned out the office-slash-baby room & hung the mini-blinds
  • Assembled the baby dresser
  • Bought a crib mattress
  • Drafted a birth plan
  • Packed the hospital bag (mostly)
  • Unpacked newborn clothes
  • Got the replacement parts for the Medela
  • Assembled the crib (decided to place this on hold for the foreseeable future)
  • Found something cute to wear to baby shower
  • Fired my OB and found a new practice I like better
  • Toured the hospital
  • Found a pediatrician
  • Found a childcare provider near my practicum placement
  • Found a diaper bag that doesn't give me the cutesy dry heaves (outsourced to the best friend in the world with amazing taste)
  • Did the baby shower thing

Still need to:

• Do maternity photos (rescheduled for the 19th)
  • Buy whatever we will need that is not gifted at said baby shower (probably on Black Friday, though am pricing local vs online options atm)
  • Finish rest of homework >.<
  • Keep working on xmas presents
  • Secure childcare for classes on Tues/Fri next semester
  • Send out thank-you notes for baby shower gifts

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page