October Chit Chat! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 122 Old 10-14-2011, 11:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I am feeling the pressure of getting our home ready as well.  We moved into a new (to us) home in August.  We have 2 bathrooms to finish in the next two weeks (tile, baseboards, wall texture - done)...paint/fixtres/cleaning/decorating is what's left.  For the last 2 months we have been using the smallest bathroom farthest from the bedrooms...it's fine, but we are anxious to actually USE all this space in this lovely home!!!  Plus, I am hosting my SIL's baby shower the first week in Nov who is due a week after me with her first baby.  Our laundry room just received a new counter and shelving...now for paint and finish work.  I can't wait for the house to feel more "put together" and functional...I'm 33 weeks Sunday, and although I have never gone early, there's always a possibility of having this baby in like 4 weeks!?!?  Crazy.  On a good note, my 20 mo daughter spent her first night out of our bed (toddler bed in our room) and she slept the WHOLE night there...yay!  We'll see how many repeats we can get :)   

DS1 2/08, DD 1/10, DS2 12/11...#4 due October 2014
Home schooling, home birthing, breastfeeding, bed sharing family!

#62 of 122 Old 10-14-2011, 12:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm currently waiting for a call from DH. I posted awhile back about a possible promotion for him which would require us to move back to my hometown. He finds out today if he got the promotion and if so, when they want him to start. When he talked to the president of the company last week, he told him it might be as early as November 1st! I'm hoping he hears back soon so I know if we need to start packing and so we can notify our landlord. It doesn't help that I've had absolutely zero customers in my store today, so I've just been sitting here bored and anxious.

Wife to DH stillheart.gif 08/09 and SAHM to DD 09/08 and DS 11/11

Surprise! Expecting #3 Nov. 2013!
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36 yikes2.gif **40

#63 of 122 Old 10-16-2011, 06:33 PM

Heard anything yet????

Random question of the day... How many receiving blankets do you think is adequate if you're not planning on using them as swaddle blankets? I've got tons, really, tons, of other blankets to use to lay down on the floor, etc. I've got four really nice aden and anais swadlle blankets, and one aden and anais sleep sack... and then I have 9 receiving blankets of varying quality. What I don't have, is really any burp cloths other than a dozen newborn prefolds (but which I obviously won't use as burp cloths until she grows out of them as diapers...). So I was going to cut up some of the receiving blankets into four, so they were more like burp cloth size. But then... I don't want to find myself running short on receiving blankets! lol. 

So... for those who have btdt, how many would you ideally have on hand?

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#64 of 122 Old 10-16-2011, 07:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post

Heard anything yet????

Random question of the day... How many receiving blankets do you think is adequate if you're not planning on using them as swaddle blankets? I've got tons, really, tons, of other blankets to use to lay down on the floor, etc. I've got four really nice aden and anais swadlle blankets, and one aden and anais sleep sack... and then I have 9 receiving blankets of varying quality. What I don't have, is really any burp cloths other than a dozen newborn prefolds (but which I obviously won't use as burp cloths until she grows out of them as diapers...). So I was going to cut up some of the receiving blankets into four, so they were more like burp cloth size. But then... I don't want to find myself running short on receiving blankets! lol. 

I think I have about 8 or so, and that has been a good number. They get spit up on, pooped on, etc.. so having enough for laundry rotation is a good idea. If you have more than 10, I think.. go ahead and cut those up for burp clothes.

In Love stillheart.gif with my best friend & mama to three beautiful little boys! stork-suprise.gif Expecting #4 Oct. 2014!
#65 of 122 Old 10-16-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:

Heard anything yet????

Seems like last time I used a lot of cloth diapers for spit up and such (not the same ones that I used for diapering).  I always had a cloth diaper on my shoulder those first few months.  :)  I have about 4 blankets and then the rest are for swaddling.  

Mom to my little super hero superhero.gif (02/06) and our super hero-in-training femalesling.GIF (11/11).

#66 of 122 Old 10-17-2011, 05:05 AM

Quote:

Heard anything yet????

I hardly used the smaller size "basic" receiving blankets at all with dd (so I think cutting them up is completely reasonable) I have a ton of them as well and was never sure what people use them for.  DD wasn't a spitter upper so I really didn't need burp cloths either (I was spoiled) so the receiving blankets never got used.  I love the aden and anais swaddle blankets - they were the perfect size for swaddling (the receiving blankets are way too small) and my daughter still uses them as her "blankets" when she is sleeping (won't sleep without one in fact).  There are some really pretty new patterns in the bamboo material but I already have so many that I can't justify buying more.  On a related but different subject - I really like the flannel waterproof sheets - I cut those in half and used them on the changing table cushion so I didn't need to buy extra of the changing table covers and they can also be used as changing pads (and under sheets when it is time to potty train).

mama to dust.gifdd 8/09 and slingtwin.gif dd + ds 11/11

#67 of 122 Old 10-17-2011, 09:00 AM

I have quite the stack of recieving blankets that I've been collecting, but I felt like last time I didn't have enough, and a quite a few got used with the homebirth.

I was reading my cousins birth story, she had her second homebirth 2 weeks ago....and she really struck a cord with me...this is her fourth child and second surprise pregnancy in a row. She talked about feeling like an unwilling martyr during much of her labor with this one....and that's kind of what I feel like now. I'm totally unprepared for another labor and birth, mentally, physically, anything....My kids are testing my patience, every minute of every day. I know I'll be happy when the baby comes, and we'll adapt, and do fine. But just this morning I imagined adding a newborn on my boob for it, and totally freaked out internally.  Sorry to be a downer.

Melissa-Mama to Allyson carrot.gif 1-22-07 and Katelyn homebirth.jpg 5-14-09 and Paul 1-2-12 my 10 lb 6oz. homebirthed baby boy.

#68 of 122 Old 10-17-2011, 09:26 AM

I had a ton of receiving blankets for the kids... my DS liked being swaddled until he was 6 months or so! He needed to be in his little baby straightjacket to go to sleep! I didn't have any burp cloths, I used receiving blankets for that, too. I think I had about 20. I haven't come across any in the baby stuff yet, I may have to buy some.

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#69 of 122 Old 10-17-2011, 07:09 PM

Hmmm. Ok I think I might leave it for now then, and wait and see for a couple weeks before I decide to cut them. If I need something in the meantime, my other plan is just to head to value village and grab a cheap pack of used ones. I can bleach them and cut them up for burp cloths then. 

Speaking of bleaching... ugh. I washed all my diapers the other day, and I just have 3 shells from fuzzibunz diapers that I can't seem to get the smell out of. Any ideas? I think I'm ready to dry bleaching... but I think I'll actually have to leave them sit in some water as well. If the sun every comes out again here, would sunning help smell, or just stains? I don't really care as much about the color- just the smell. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#70 of 122 Old 10-17-2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:

Hmmm. Ok I think I might leave it for now then, and wait and see for a couple weeks before I decide to cut them. If I need something in the meantime, my other plan is just to head to value village and grab a cheap pack of used ones. I can bleach them and cut them up for burp cloths then. 

Speaking of bleaching... ugh. I washed all my diapers the other day, and I just have 3 shells from fuzzibunz diapers that I can't seem to get the smell out of. Any ideas? I think I'm ready to dry bleaching... but I think I'll actually have to leave them sit in some water as well. If the sun every comes out again here, would sunning help smell, or just stains? I don't really care as much about the color- just the smell. 

I *think* you can boil them. I've never done it, but I've heard that helps. You might want to go to the Cloth Diapering Section and ask there.

In Love stillheart.gif with my best friend & mama to three beautiful little boys! stork-suprise.gif Expecting #4 Oct. 2014!
#71 of 122 Old 10-18-2011, 07:50 AM

My newborns have been big (smallest so far was over 9lb), so standard-sized receiving blankets didn't work well for swaddling.  I use those as burp cloths, etc.  I think we needed a certain number on hand for the home birth ... 2 years elapsed + preggo-brain = I can't remember.redface.gif

mammamo:  I've been feeling a little like that this time around... My third pregnancy I had a great attitude most of the time, and the birth was wonderful.  This is #4, and I was in the middle of my second semester back at school when the pregnancy started.  I've been conflicted the entire pregnancy. I feel worn out -- exhausted much of the time.  My back has been bothering me more than it ever has, and I'm super-uncomfortable about the hips.  For the first time, I'm not positive that my body is up to this.  I'm also having a difficult time picturing another babe in our family.  And I shudder at the thought of having to drive my 2 elementary-school girls to town and pick them up in the middle of a Downeast winter with a toddler AND newborn in tow.  cold.gifdizzy.gif

The birth bead exchange has been helping me to connect more with the baby and upcoming birth.  I'm joining a belly dance class -- hopefully this Thursday, and I've made my first appointment with a chiropractor for Friday afternoon.  Let's hope that helps me feel better and gets me on track!

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
#72 of 122 Old 10-18-2011, 08:39 AM

I've always liked the Gerber organic "prefold cloth diapers" for burp cloths - you can get them usually at Babies R Us, Walmart, Target, etc

DS1 2/08, DD 1/10, DS2 12/11...#4 due October 2014
Home schooling, home birthing, breastfeeding, bed sharing family!

#73 of 122 Old 10-18-2011, 08:43 AM

Jeninejessica~ a cup of vinegar in the rinse cycle might help with the smell.

DH and I started car shopping and he is a man possessed! The term deposit isn't up until November 19th, so we can't buy a car now... it started with just taking the car seat/booster to a car lot to see what vehicle would work best... we've decided on a Pilot... but now he's gone back to look at specific ones and wanted to put a deposit on one last night so they'd hold it for us! He had the kids out to look with him and they are both excited about getting a new car now, too! I am the only sane person in this house!! At least he's excited about a car that actually fits the budget I have in mind... he was looking at things that we'd need a loan for and I was trying to clue him in without starting a fight that I will not go for that! Phew... stupid things stress me out these days!

In other news, Blobby spent most of the night head up, kicking my cervix. That kid is SO grounded when he/she comes out of there! it wasn't setting off contractions, but it HURTS!!

#74 of 122 Old 10-18-2011, 09:04 AM

Mummoth- We looked into getting a Pilot too. I really like them. But I couldn't find one in our budget. We ended up getting a Chevy Uplander AWD van. I'm nervous about it not being a Toyota/Honda/Subaru because I know and trust those cars more than Chevy/Ford/Dogde, etc. Our kids LOVE the new van though.. it is roomy and has a DVD player!

#75 of 122 Old 10-18-2011, 09:43 AM

We pretty much only looked at Hondas, DH is brainwashed! I was okay with that though, because there are so many options out there that you can't look at everything anyway. Our car is a 2005 Civic with 275,000KMs on it, and it runs like new. Extolling it's virtues has been poor DH's downfall, because when he was trying to steer me toward 2008 Pilots ($20,000) and Ridgelines ($25,000) I was able to go "But this 2003 has half the mileage our car does... and Hondas don't have problems until after 300,000, remember?" I don't think he realized I actually listen when he talks, LOL! A 2003 is about $10,000 - $12,000. I can live with  that.

Groceries are coming in a little bit. I'm going to have a Pop Tart for breakfast #2! I haven't bought those for years and I'm really looking forward to it!

#76 of 122 Old 10-18-2011, 02:15 PM

So DH never got a call back from the president of his company. We're still waiting to find out about the promotion. I'm assuming he won't be starting on the 1st of November if they're waiting this long to get back to him, but I was kind of hoping for the 1st anyway. DH already told them that the 1st of December isn't a possibility since I'm due on the 8th and we really don't want to move in the middle of winter. Ugh, I hate not knowing and not being able to plan.

Wife to DH stillheart.gif 08/09 and SAHM to DD 09/08 and DS 11/11

Surprise! Expecting #3 Nov. 2013!
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36 yikes2.gif **40

#77 of 122 Old 10-18-2011, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitlin0919 View Post

So DH never got a call back from the president of his company. We're still waiting to find out about the promotion. I'm assuming he won't be starting on the 1st of November if they're waiting this long to get back to him, but I was kind of hoping for the 1st anyway. DH already told them that the 1st of December isn't a possibility since I'm due on the 8th and we really don't want to move in the middle of winter. Ugh, I hate not knowing and not being able to plan.

It really sucks being up in the air during the end of pregnancy.  When I was pregnant with my daughter I was laid-off and had to start a new job the month before I was delivering - we had just bought our first home the same month so it was pretty nerve wracking.  Things have a way of working themselves out though and everything ended up being good.  I hope your DH hears good news soon.

mama to dust.gifdd 8/09 and slingtwin.gif dd + ds 11/11

#78 of 122 Old 10-18-2011, 07:56 PM

Caitlin-- I'm sorry, that sucks!  We're in a bit of an uncertain situation, but not to the same extent of moving cities or anything. DH has been off work since the end of June, and after pursuing some jobs in his field with no luck, he's now probably going back to an unrelated previous position. It's money, and it's an easy job, close to home, great discounts, etc... but it's also very disappointing and humbling for him, because he didn't think he'd ever have to take a step backwards away from his career. But... alas... money is money, and since I need to start mat leave, we may not have another choice. 

Thanks for the heads up about the vinegar-- it's worth a shot! Worst case scenario, it's only three diapers, and they were used, so I could chuck them, but I have to at least try to fix them first!

I also found out today that my MIL secretly bought the supplies to make me three diapers. She found a 'set' of three different sheets of PUL big enough to make one diaper each, and bought pink snaps for all of them, plus she works at a fabric store, so she's got access to fleece for the inside, and bamboo to make inserts. It's supposed to be a surprise, but DH told me today after we had a very... disappointing experience at her fabric store. We were in a hurry, but went in specifically to pick out fabric for the crib sheets (she's going to make them for us), and DH mentioned she wanted me to bring in a few of my diapers to show her. I, of course, not realizing why, brought them, thinking I could show her quickly, and then get on with my looking for fabric... but she wanted to go over tons of choices, and comparing fabrics, etc etc. The whole time, I was basically trying to tell her we didn't need any more diapers/accessories other than a pile of fleece liners to put overtop of the microfibre... and so finally DH had to tell me what was up. 

It was frustrating, because we left AGAIN without having really had a chance to pick out fabric, though we do have one choice, we're just not sure if it's too "bright". I might take photos and post tomorrow. The room is grey, the furniture will be white, as well as the crib blanket... so we want pink sheets, and some extra pink fabric to make a small valance, as well as probably a few throw pillows, and then I think pink artwork. But we're planning on choosing the fabric for the sheets first, and then choosing other details and accents from there. It's a fine line between too bright and bold a pink, and too soft so that it just feels like a grey and white room. 

#79 of 122 Old 10-19-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:

What have you tried already?  If the shells are what I think they are, boiling will make them leak.  Have you tried washing in hot water and Dawn and rinsing several times on hot?  I think the sun does help quite a bit with smells, but maybe I'm just imagining it.  Do you have hard or soft water?  We had diapers issues before getting a water softener too.

#80 of 122 Old 10-19-2011, 04:27 PM

Just soaking, washing and rinsing. We started with a rinse. Then a wash. Then we went back and soaked them, washed them, and dried them. The shells are a PUL outer with the fleece inner (at least it feels like fleece). 

I don't have Dawn. Just like Dawn dishsoap? 

For water-- hard water is when you find that showering and stuff it's hard to rinse the soap off, right? We definitely don't have hard water then. It's pretty treated city water. We're  supposed to have some of the best water in the country I believe. What does the other end of the spectrum present as though.... can you have too soft water?

#81 of 122 Old 10-19-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:

Just soaking, washing and rinsing. We started with a rinse. Then a wash. Then we went back and soaked them, washed them, and dried them. The shells are a PUL outer with the fleece inner (at least it feels like fleece). 

I don't have Dawn. Just like Dawn dishsoap? 

For water-- hard water is when you find that showering and stuff it's hard to rinse the soap off, right? We definitely don't have hard water then. It's pretty treated city water. We're  supposed to have some of the best water in the country I believe. What does the other end of the spectrum present as though.... can you have too soft water?

Oh, then I would definitely try 1 tbsp Dawn and rinsing in hot water multiple times (until water runs completely clear) before anything else.  Use the Original blue Dawn...nothing fancy.  Even vinegar can be a little hard on some diapers so I would strip before I tried vinegar, bleach or anything else.  Your water can't be too soft so you should be good there, but maybe the previous owners had hard water, so stripping should help with that too. 

ETA: Make sure your water isn't too hot too...water that is too hot will damage PUL and make it leak.  I can't remember exactly now, but I think 120 or 130 degrees is about where you want it.  You may want to double check on Cotton Babies or something.  I'll come back if I find the info...I need to check it out because I'll be stripping mine soon too. 

#82 of 122 Old 10-19-2011, 05:30 PM

I checked a few websites and it looks like diapers with PUL shouldn't be washed on a setting higher that 130 degrees.  I did make the mistake of doing this with a few diapers and drying them too hot and ruined the PUL.  I can't remember how hot I had them, but it sounds like you want it close to 130, but not over. Oh, and I saw again on Cotton Babies that they suggest occassionally using bleach, but not using vinegar and baking soda.  Goes against what we typically try to use to clean more naturally, but PUL is kind of easily ruined.  I think I used to bleach our dipes once every couple of months when I stripped.

#83 of 122 Old 10-19-2011, 07:44 PM

Is this washing with Dawn and hot water what people are talking about when they talk about stripping dipes? I've always wondered - and now I have diapers of my own to figure this out with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by APToddlerMama View Post

Oh, then I would definitely try 1 tbsp Dawn and rinsing in hot water multiple times (until water runs completely clear) before anything else.  Use the Original blue Dawn...nothing fancy.  Even vinegar can be a little hard on some diapers so I would strip before I tried vinegar, bleach or anything else.  Your water can't be too soft so you should be good there, but maybe the previous owners had hard water, so stripping should help with that too.

I'm Heather, newly married (12/5/10) to James! partners.gif
We are currently "mama" and "papa" to Maisy cat.gif and soon... parents to BABY NEW YEAR 2012!! babyf.gifWe're happily planning a h20homebirth.gif and intend to femalesling.GIFbfinfant.gifdiaper.gif

#84 of 122 Old 10-20-2011, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuremamaheather View Post

Is this washing with Dawn and hot water what people are talking about when they talk about stripping dipes? I've always wondered - and now I have diapers of my own to figure this out with! 

I think that is how most people strip their diapers.  It has always worked pretty well for us. 

#85 of 122 Old 10-20-2011, 09:05 AM

Thanks! :-)

I'm Heather, newly married (12/5/10) to James! partners.gif
We are currently "mama" and "papa" to Maisy cat.gif and soon... parents to BABY NEW YEAR 2012!! babyf.gifWe're happily planning a h20homebirth.gif and intend to femalesling.GIFbfinfant.gifdiaper.gif

#86 of 122 Old 10-20-2011, 11:27 AM

I did my 3 hour glucose test and got my results today! I don't have GD!!!! YAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy!!!!!!!!!!

Happily married to DH stillheart.gif for 11 years. Proud Mama bf.jpg of DS1 jammin.gif (10) and DS2  babyf.gif(12 m/o)

#87 of 122 Old 10-20-2011, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

I did my glucose test today to and didnt fail yay!!!!

EuroMama likes this.

heartbeat.gifMomma to baby boy Ember.babyf.gifborn at home 12/22/11.  Madly loving his daddy Thimble guitar.gif since 6/26/09. 

#88 of 122 Old 10-20-2011, 01:49 PM

Let's all eat some candy corn to celebrate! LOL! That's really good news, I was pretty stressed about GD this time around, but just used DH's monitor every week. I'll be checking again tomorrow, when I hit 33 weeks. Apparently our babes are gaining half a pound a week now?! I'm sort of hoping for a little chunk, with having school aged kids it's pretty much guaranteed we're going to deal with a cold or flu this winter, and an extra pound or two would probably help. DS was born in January and was only 6 pounds 12 ounces, but he was my first and there was a giant snowstorm a few days afterward, so I was pretty much housebound with him for about 3 weeks. He really packed it on after he came out, too... he'd gained 3 pounds by his 6 week appointment!

#89 of 122 Old 10-20-2011, 01:59 PM

LOL. I DO have halloween candy downstairs... 

So I had a scary morning. I went in to work, completely fine, and after about an hour and a half, just pretty suddenly started losing the right side of my vision, and then getting a headache. I couldn't make it go away, but it was like everything to my right side was dark and blurry... like after you come in from really bright light, and you can see shapes, but you can't focus on anything? Anyways, so I sat for a bit, waited for it to go away, it didn't, and so I made the decision to call DH to come get me and go see the Dr. Then as I was finishing up some stuff to pass on to a co-worker, I was trying to explain something to her... and it was like my brain and the words I was trying to say just weren't cooperating... I felt like something out of a medical drama- I was flitting my eyes around at the people with me, all while this poor girl is like "it's ok, don't worry" and my brain is thinking "no it's not, I know this stuff, I know exactly what I want to say to you... but when I try to speak, I'm just talking gibberish..." it was like words in the wrong order, and even words mixed up... I would try to say something like "arrivals" and it would come out "rrrrevom" or something else equally undistinguishable. 

So that's where I officially was like ok... vision is one thing, headache one thing, but not being able to form sentences-- now I'm freaked. So off we went. The doctor checked me out, said everything looks normal, I could either go home and try to sleep it off, come back if it gets worse (my speech was back by then, just the vision was a bit off still, and headache remained) or could go directly to triage, where they would send me for a CT, and probably an MRI, and a whole schwack of tests. Since it was getting better, we opted ot go home, and I slept. 

I woke up, and my vision is 'normal' now, and my speech back to normal, just have a killer headache. But at least after sleeping I was able to get on the computer and do some searching, it looks like it was a "Complex migraine", which totally presents as a stroke, but obviously doesn't have long term effects. Good to know. I found this blog entry that totally sounds like it:

Quote:

Hemianopsia is just a fancy word for having one side of your vision gone. This is also an "evolving" symptom, sometimes starting with little flickers of light far off to the side. And then they get brighter and grow stronger, sometimes as white sparkles, sometimes as yellow lightning bolts, until they take over half of what I can see. Then at some point the flashing lights fade to a still gray or black, and then I am just basically blind on one side. I find myself a dark, quiet place to lie down, and try not to use my eyes. Simple tasks like texting become extremely difficult.

Expressive aphasia is the strangest of the little monsters. The migraine takes over the part of my brain that controls speech, and, if I choose to open my mouth, it would be easy for a listener to pick up on the short-circuits or random firings. And this is, hands down, the weirdest part of the whole experience. It is also the one thing I have some control over. "Even the foolish man is considered wise when he keeps silent." If I don't try to talk, my mouth can't misbehave. But as soon as I open my mouth, there is a foggy disconnect. Like I'm trying to think through a pillow. The feeling is similar to the one we get in the middle of a bad dream, when we're trying to run, but can't, or yell, but can't, or fly, but can't. Only this isn't a dream. It's my tongue. And it doesn't work. And I really, really don't like it. 

Anyways... feeling much less scared and more normal now, but wow, was that not fun! And I'd love the headache to go away anytime now... 

#90 of 122 Old 10-20-2011, 02:04 PM

Oh, and what I came in here to share... duh! We were talking about swim lessons for the kids and I mentioned the baby can go swimming after he/she has had the first shots. DS was really concerned... shots? What for? So I explained he had them when he was a baby and his sister had them and it's not a big deal, just a little pinch. He does NOT want his minion being hurt! At all, ever. Then DH made a comment about it being a good thing we aren't circ'ing then, and so we had to explain that to DS... he was completely horrified by that and he's been talking about making a little suit of armor ever since!! I wasn't expecting the big brother protectiveness to kick in this early!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page