October Chit Chat! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-26-2011, 06:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I hear you, Rusty and Amanda.  I am so over being pregnant.

The itching has sorta taken over so I can't think about anything else (or do anything else as distraction doesn't seem to work very well).  I'm pretty sure it is just dry skin/dehydration and psychological but my Ob is going to send the cholestasis labs on Thursday.  If those come back positive I probably will be done with this pregnancy even sooner as I expect he will schedule me for an early delivery at around 36 weeks.  I have mixed feelings about that but I'm not going to worry about that until the labs come back (they take a week to a week and a half)

I have a NST scheduled for tomorrow as well - I don't know if they will measure fluid as well (if they do I'm hoping they can tell me position).  My next ultrasound is scheduled for next week (35 wks).

The funny thing is that since the itching has taken over I'm not noticing the other pregnancy issues as much anymore (my hips are feeling okay, I'm not really super tired  - though I've been taking benadryl at night for itching so that knocks me out, I think I'd feel pretty good if I wasn't so itchy). 

Is anyone else having any carpal tunnel type symptoms?  with dd I had full blown carpal tunnel in both hands by this time.  this pregnancy I just get pins and needles/numbness in my finger tips.  It is weird but not too bad yet.  My mom recommended nutritional yeast to help and I found that if the ssx are bad (at night) if I massage my forearms it feels better right away.  I wonder if it is really carpal tunnel or more a circulatory issue this time around.

My Ob has been checking me for the past 2 visits - not a full pelvic just a cervical check.  His reasoning is that since I am having twins it gives us a better idea if any BH or other ssx are causing any cervical changes (so far no changes).  I don't mind the cervical checks - they take 2 seconds and aren't painful/uncomfortable.  With my dd I was only checked once I reached 40wks but that was with the low risk midwife group.

I'm not sure what my hospital's policy is with IVs etc.  I don't mind having a heplock but I don't want any iv fluids until absolutely necessary (I'd rather drink or eat ice chips).  I'm already going to be tethered to a monitor - I don't want to be tethered to the IV pole as well.  Also I think I gained 2 lbs just from water weight when my daughter was induced - in all my pp pictures I think my face is swollen looking.  They kept pumping me full of fluids because my blood pressure would be low (it is usually pretty low).

My doula promises me she will help me be mobile as possible even if I'm in bed bound - at least moving to kneeling, sitting, etc.

My poor dd is watching Dora again.  I think we watched it 10 times yesterday.  I really should just pretend the TV is broken but then I'd have to entertain her myself and I'm not sure I can handle that right now.

mama to dust.gifdd 8/09 and slingtwin.gif dd + ds 11/11

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2011, 09:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My kids are watching SuperWhy and I am putting off starting school today. Some days I feel like the drill instructor around here and it is nice to be taking it easy this morning. The 8 year old WILL memorize her math facts eventually, you know. I don't need the extra stress this week. ;) I am thankful for Dora, PBS, and Starfall, the 2 and 3 year olds are, too, LOL!

User Tag List