Choosing people to come to the birth - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 31 Old 10-27-2011, 12:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

If something happened so that neither DH, or my mom, or either of my sisters, or any of my female friends, or aunts or cousins were able to attend the birth, my dad might, might be willing to sit with me through labour. I'd probably get the gas, he took a couple hits of that when the nurses were out of the room when mom was in labour with me... and I think he'd need it if he had to see me give birth! With my other two, mom called him after the baby was born and he came right over to meet them.

A few weeks after DS was born, I was at their house, nursing him in the living room, and dad started to walk in, saw, turned & walked out. My bratty sister, who was holding a protest in the kitchen, made some snarky comment to him about me not going somewhere private & he answered "No, she shouldn't have to go anywhere I'm just giving her space." I called out "Dad, I don't need space if you're comfortable with it!" and he came in & sat down... it was a little awkward, but not horrible. He looked pretty much everywhere in the room except at me. A few weeks after that, I was dealing with over supply (is that what it's called?) When my milk let down it'd almost overwhelm DS and he's make some little snorting sounds. I could feel the letdown. I had started asking "What does a piggy say?" so my little Super Genius would 'answer', and mom was like "You've got to see this! This is funny!" DS made the piggy noise right on cue & we were all laughing about it. After that, all the awkwardness was totally gone. I can't really expect more of dad than that, he's pretty uptight about womanny stuff.

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page