Is anyone ese dialating or thinning (efaced) yet??????? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 73 Old 10-29-2011, 01:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

A week makes a BIG difference at their age! Both my kids were term, but DS was 38 & DD was 39 weeks... there were no health issues and he didn't have to be hospitalized, but I had a LOT more trouble getting him established on nursing. Part of that was my own inexperience, but he really had trouble figuring it out. She was born at lunchtime, and it was no accident! She went right to town as soon as she was born, like she'd done it 100 times already. 

I can barely reach... I don't know if I'm effaced at all but I'm not dilated. I've been having tons of BH and it's sort of acts up in the late afternoon/evening... I'll have 4 or 5 strong ones in an hour & then they'll stop for a while and then maybe go for another hour later on. It seems more intense than with the other two. I probably just forgot what it was like... this baby seems to kick more and I feel huger than I remember feeling with the other two, too.

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 73 Old 10-29-2011, 02:40 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My mom just old me the other day 36 weekers and even 37 weekers have way more trouble latching/sucking than "older" babies...interesting because DS2 was between 36-37 weeks and he had a very weak suck, whereas DS1 was born at 40 weeks and had a very strong suck. I've been having mild cramping/backache all day - timed it for an hour and half earlier and its like every 6 minutes...but, not getting any stronger so I am guessing it will go away. The good thing is that I *know* I will have a long labor so I worry less...still, I am just hoping to make it to about 37 weeks at least..I would be pretty surprised if I made it to my EDD.

#33 of 73 Old 10-29-2011, 06:42 PM

Yeah, having three nieces born at 35 weeks and seeing their journeys has made me aware that yes, they can be born at that age and have no long term consequences, but it's still no walk in the park. One of them had a collapsed lung, two of the three needed feeding tubes temporarily, and none of them were ever able to successfully latch on to the breast, though my SIL did pump for a few months for them. She also had one son born at 37, and he has been the only one that was actually able to latch effectively, and so is the only one still nursing at 5 months- the others she quit at 3 months because it was too much work to pump exclusively. 

I'll feel ok after 38 weeks, but I'd really love baby girl to come in between 40-41 weeks. That feels perfect to me. As much as I want to be done pregnancy before that, I don't want her out before that. Does that make sense?

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#34 of 73 Old 10-29-2011, 07:24 PM

I know that I am dialating and effacing I know I am more than 1 CM. The cerclage that I have is keeping me from effacing too much.

I am really scared to have it removed because it is so tight. During another removal in a different pregnancy the doctor nipped my cervix because it was so tight.

After removal I usually go immediatly to 3 cm and stay that way for the next month.

Good luck to everyone.

Mommy to Petunia 11/04 Bug 10/06 Button 11/09 and  Sweetie pea 12/11 DW to J :

#35 of 73 Old 10-30-2011, 07:15 AM - Thread Starter

You know, I thought I would actually be one of the first ones to go this time around since my due date is December 1st. Last time my due date was March 22nd and I think there were only like 5 girls that delivered after me. I was so excited when I joined this group thinking "YEA I will actually still have people to talk to this time", but it really sounds like most of you will beat me even with my early December due date. I am pretty sure I will be here for the long run. I do hope to deliver the last week in November though, because I know exactly when I conceived but the docs after several ultra sounds put my due date a week further away from when I am due. So to me the last week and a half of November would be awesome. Just wishful thinking though.

Student Mother  and Wife hang.gif 29 married to DH 31 jammin.gif since 03 Zoe Elizabeth Jane 4.75 energy.gif and Jace Aaron Edward 12/12/11 babyboy.gif

#36 of 73 Old 10-30-2011, 05:32 PM

We do have one member that has given birth (on Wednesday), I'm going to let her announce it though. Baby is in NICU but non-life threatening. She should be home in about a week.

#37 of 73 Old 10-30-2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarena View Post

We do have one member that has given birth (on Wednesday), I'm going to let her announce it though. Baby is in NICU but non-life threatening. She should be home in about a week.

Oh, wow, I'll be thinking about this mama and babe! I am curious who it is, but agree that she should announce. Thanks for the heads up. ;)

#38 of 73 Old 11-01-2011, 08:37 AM

I'm sure babe is head down, but I probably would have/do any cervical checks until I'm in labor; read, ready to push and make sure I'm fully dilated. I'm only 32 weeks, tho. So I still have plenty of time and I know my body knows what to do.

Melissa-Mama to Allyson carrot.gif 1-22-07 and Katelyn homebirth.jpg 5-14-09 and Paul 1-2-12 my 10 lb 6oz. homebirthed baby boy.

#39 of 73 Old 11-01-2011, 05:14 PM

My earliest was born at exactly 38 weeks (I was charting, so I am 100% sure).  She was my BEST nurser.  I had zero problems with her.  And, oddly, the one who weighed the most.  The one who was born the latest, my 2nd,  (minus my 4th-- she was born the latest of all and also had no problems) was the one with the worst problem . . .very weak suck, lack of effective milk transfer, etc.  It took cranial sacral therapy to get her going right.  It was a very trying 6 weeks.  LLL said she'd never nurse full time. 

Hope all of your babies stay put!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post

My mom just old me the other day 36 weekers and even 37 weekers have way more trouble latching/sucking than "older" babies...interesting because DS2 was between 36-37 weeks and he had a very weak suck, whereas DS1 was born at 40 weeks and had a very strong suck. I've been having mild cramping/backache all day - timed it for an hour and half earlier and its like every 6 minutes...but, not getting any stronger so I am guessing it will go away. The good thing is that I *know* I will have a long labor so I worry less...still, I am just hoping to make it to about 37 weeks at least..I would be pretty surprised if I made it to my EDD.

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#40 of 73 Old 11-01-2011, 05:34 PM

No cramping, contractions, and as of a few days ago no dilation whatsoever... but I'm pretty sure that I'm losing copious amounts of my mucus plug today. It's not quite what I expected, but I can't see what else it would be!  I emailed DH from work and told him it was time for him to empty the boxes out of the baby's room because it will drive me NUTS if she comes and the nursery is still packed with boxes. Not that I think this means she's coming tomorrow or anything, but maybe perhaps she *won't* be a week late, like I've been banking on. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#41 of 73 Old 11-04-2011, 02:43 PM

lots and lots of contractions. tried to check myself just out of curiosity, but I can't even find my cervix (need to try it squating I suppose!) 

creative crunchy christian wife to J stillheart.gif, Mama to three boys and one baby on the way!  chicken3.gif  doula in training love.gif

#42 of 73 Old 11-14-2011, 07:17 AM - Thread Starter

Well I haven't heard from anyone lately yet, so I guess we are all the same. I did see the doctor last thursday and I was still only dilated to a 1 but I am now 80% thinned (effaced) and I lost my mucus plug. Which really means nothing I could be this way for weeks. I have had about 6 contractions since last thursday, obviously they were nothing just my body practicing. So that is my story, anyone else want to share?

Student Mother  and Wife hang.gif 29 married to DH 31 jammin.gif since 03 Zoe Elizabeth Jane 4.75 energy.gif and Jace Aaron Edward 12/12/11 babyboy.gif

#43 of 73 Old 11-14-2011, 07:45 AM

My uterus has been exercising quite a bit, especially when I'm at work!

Melissa-Mama to Allyson carrot.gif 1-22-07 and Katelyn homebirth.jpg 5-14-09 and Paul 1-2-12 my 10 lb 6oz. homebirthed baby boy.

#44 of 73 Old 11-14-2011, 08:23 AM

I've been having some contractions, they've increased to 4 or 5 a day but nothing regular is happening yet. I did have one monster one last week that I actually had to breathe through and it lasted a minute or two but nothing even close to that since. I've tried checking to see if I'm dilating or anything, but I think my cervix is still very posterior because I can't find it. I can feel LO's head though, which is kind of cool. I wouldn't mind it if he came early, but I know it would be better if he waited at least a few more weeks before making an appearance. Plus, we still have to get pretty much everything on our homebirth supply list and we don't have our tub here yet(we'll be getting it on Friday from the midwife). I also need to find the rest of DD's newborn clothes. I went through a box of clothes I had lent to my SIL but I only found a handful of unisex stuff and I know we had more than that so it must be boxed up somewhere else. I'll have to check at my dad's.

Wife to DH stillheart.gif 08/09 and SAHM to DD 09/08 and DS 11/11

Surprise! Expecting #3 Nov. 2013!
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36 yikes2.gif **40

#45 of 73 Old 11-14-2011, 09:22 AM

I've been having small contractions here and there, but it's not those that I have to breathe through-- I think I can literally feel my cervix changing and moving- and THAT has been painful and has be stop and cringe. It could just be baby girl swiping her hand in the area (She does have nails afterall... lol) but it feels like someone is cutting into my cervix. I might check again later today to see if I notice any change. 

Mostly I think I'm just getting discomfort from baby moving though. She hasn't moved from side to side in about a week, but she's getting more forceful with her arm and leg movements, I think as she's getting more cramped. Those big movements seem to set off contractions, so I get one big painful jab, and then just the tension of a contraction following it. Yay! lol

Hopefully this means we all have nice and easy labors!

#46 of 73 Old 11-15-2011, 06:22 PM

35wks 5 days, 50% effaced and still tight as a drum.  That doesn't mean much though because last time I was 2 then 4 centimeters for days and days until all of a sudden I went from 4 to fully dilated in about 40 minutes and baby just about dropped out, lol!

#47 of 73 Old 11-16-2011, 04:15 AM - Thread Starter

This is awesome ladies!! I hope we all have a quick deliveries this time. I won't be going to the doctor until next Monday, but I know there is alot going on in my body getting ready. I have been having trouble sleeping the last few nights, I do not know if it is holiday anxiousity or baby, but it is driving me nuts!!

#48 of 73 Old 11-16-2011, 04:50 AM

I can just barely reach my cervix and my ob/cnm won't check for several weeks yet (I'm 36 weeks now) but since I started being able to semi reach it it feels a little different and baby's head feels more engaged (the first time I felt it she kinda moved away, but, yesterday I gently pushed she didn't even budge lol) I've been having tons of BH too...a little more mucus, but, I wouldn't say I have lost my plug yet - that was pretty obvious last time lol. I started applying evening primrose oil directly to my cervix this week (I've been taking orally for about 2 weeks) so I'm wondering if that is affecting things at all.

I would love a fast easy labor!!! Figners crossed!!!

#49 of 73 Old 11-16-2011, 12:17 PM

I had my cerclage out yesterday at 37 wks and 1 day and I was immediately 50% effaced and 3-4 cm dilated. Today having mucous plug material coming out, cramping as if I was about to start my period and a few BH contractions.

#50 of 73 Old 11-16-2011, 12:30 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

xray~ that's exciting! It sounds like the cerclage was doing it's job & now that it's gone you'll have your little one very soon! And welcome to MDC! 

As far as I know, still nothing much going on here.

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#51 of 73 Old 11-16-2011, 08:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I've been getting a lot more Braxton-Hicks contractions over the past two weeks.  Sometimes they cause an achey feeling.  This little one seems to be plucking at my cervix and pelvis with tiny fingers.  headscratch.gif The worst is when he/she stretches and puts pressure on my cervix, though -- so achey!crap.gif  I am curious about dilation.  However, I remember being 3cm dilated for several weeks with my first, and at my last prenatal visit, I was 5cm dilated and still not in active labor.  eyesroll.gif

I have no hope that this babe will come before the EDD.  My previous 3 babes were born between 8-17 days past my EDDs. 

My DP looked up online how to check my cervix last time.  I may require his assistance again because my cervix is very high and tilted... when DP talked to the MW on the phone, she told him it was unusually difficult to reach.  It was so exciting when he figured it out -- he felt our DD's head.  luxlove.gif

For those who are interested, here is a link to the check-your-own-cervix info:  Checking Your Own Cervix

At my 35 week visit yesterday, my MWs both confirmed baby's head is low in my pelvis, and each of them felt a tiny hand move out of the way when they felt for the head.  Baby's back is still along the right side of my belly, so I'm getting lots of kicks on the left side.  I want the babe to be facing the proper direction before she/he becomes too engaged down there!  I'm spending plenty of time on my left side and doing the modified child's pose...

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
#52 of 73 Old 11-17-2011, 10:50 AM

Head is low and pushing down.. 3cm dialated and 70 effaced

creative crunchy christian wife to J stillheart.gif, Mama to three boys and one baby on the way!  chicken3.gif  doula in training love.gif

#53 of 73 Old 11-17-2011, 10:56 AM

1.5cm today, and partially thinned - she didn't say exacdtly how much....way more contractions and I lost 4 pounds in a week...I think its getting close!!!

#54 of 73 Old 11-17-2011, 11:06 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I am 1cm and -1 station. 37 weeks this weekend!

In Love stillheart.gif with my best friend & mama to three beautiful little boys! stork-suprise.gif Expecting #4 Oct. 2014!
#55 of 73 Old 11-17-2011, 04:45 PM

my midwives don't do exams until I'm in labor, I wish I knew though! I'm going to check out that website...I have BH all the time, and the belly gets really hard if I stand up from sitting, walk outside, lay on my back, etc...

#56 of 73 Old 11-17-2011, 05:38 PM

nymama-- I've noticed that too. I can't really reach my cervix, just the edge to be able to tell it's still very posterior, and very soft, but I can't tell if it's dilated at all-- I'm guessing not, since it's so posterior. But-- I get BH and sometimes even decent contractions anytime I try to do any amount of walking, or tense my belly muscles (ie, trying to get out of bed... lol)- so I assume that means something is happening!

#57 of 73 Old 11-19-2011, 08:51 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

I'm... a little scared to check it myself, LOL! What if I accidentally break my water or something?? lol.gif

I know it's probably an irrational fear, but it's kept my fingers from exploring, hehe!

Just a homegrown heretic hopelessly in love with her amazing DH, 2.5 year old Eli, and now expecting a new arrival April 2015.
#58 of 73 Old 11-19-2011, 10:28 AM

Well had the baby this morning at 1 am!! Went to the OB appt and I was 5-6 cm so I got to go to L&D!

#59 of 73 Old 11-19-2011, 12:10 PM

Congratulations!!

#60 of 73 Old 11-19-2011, 12:32 PM

that's so awesome!!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version