Who has a name? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 44 Old 11-15-2011, 08:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitlin0919 View Post

I am happy to announce that I won out in the boy name stand-off with DH! He liked Henry Aaron and I liked Oscar Dean and it just didn't seem like either one of us was going to budge. But last week, DH was talking about some hypothetical situation where he'd be talking to the baby(who would then be a child) and he referred to him as Oscar! I'm so excited that I get the name I want! I told DH that it just feels like that's his name. We don't know for sure that it's a boy, but I just feel like it is. And when DH brought up the name Oscar(that's right, it was his idea even!) I just KNEW that was this baby's name. I felt the same way when we picked Lucy as DD's name. I knew she was a girl before we found out and when the name Lucy came up, I just knew it was her name. Now that we've settled on a name that feels like the right one, I'm even more anxious to meet our little Oscar!

I love Oscar Dean! And Oscar and Lucy go so well together.. classic but still a little off-beat and unique.. Great choice!

In Love stillheart.gif with my best friend & mama to three beautiful little boys! stork-suprise.gif Expecting #4 Oct. 2014!
#32 of 44 Old 11-16-2011, 05:24 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hehe the other day DH said, "if Naomi comes out a boy his name is Jacobi Alexander" to which I replied, "nope, Malakai Xavier" --- she better come out a girl!!!!

#33 of 44 Old 11-16-2011, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraBella View Post

The potential nickname that I can think of with that name (Hardin = hard on) would be enough for me not to use it! It's like being named Dick or BJ!

Yup, that's the one I thought of, too.  Just wanted to make sure it wasn't just MY dirty mind that would come up with that.  I really like the name, but it would be one of the worst nicknames ever. I did know a girl whose name was Barbara Jean who ended up being called BJ. Poor kid.

#34 of 44 Old 11-16-2011, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyPai View Post

Thanks for the input, everyone.  :)  DP is still on the fence with Elliott.  And Emberley.    He says he's not "feeling them."  He has no other suggestions so far, though ...  help.gif

I really like Emberley for a girl.  What about Emory for a boy?  Or Embry?

#35 of 44 Old 11-16-2011, 09:16 AM

butterlyblue: 

There must be other names with a similar sound to Hardin without the same ...ahem -- association.  Harlan is a family surname we've considered in the past...

I still like Emberley, too. ...

Emory is close to the name of my sister's EX.  Embry is interesting, though... thanks! 

*Turns out Elliott is completely off the table because DP associates it with an obnoxious guy from high school.  eyesroll.gif

Caitlin0919:  Congrats!  I LOVE the name Oscar. 

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
#36 of 44 Old 11-16-2011, 11:31 AM

butterflyblue: Do you guys know sex? I can't remember. I like Hartley for a girl, or Arden. Boys are a bit harder with that sounds, but you could use Holden. Emery to me feels like a girls name, but I like Embry. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#37 of 44 Old 11-16-2011, 04:18 PM

What do you guys think of Oran as a middle name for a boy?  I don't know why I'm sweating the middle name, but it means "pale light" which I like for a winter baby.

#38 of 44 Old 11-16-2011, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

Love it and love the meaning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwill View Post

What do you guys think of Oran as a middle name for a boy?  I don't know why I'm sweating the middle name, but it means "pale light" which I like for a winter baby.

butterfly-- yeah-- I like where you're going with the name, but something like Harper would still be similar without the, er, issue.

caitlin, I love Oscar, too.  I had a student with that name and he was the best.

LilMomma, love your name choices-- Malakai gets my vote, too.

blastomom, I hear you!

jenine, ugh about the DH .  .yeah.  We've had that issue.  We both picked names #1 and #3, he picked #2 (because he was so stubborn), so I said I'd get to pick #4.  He wants to pick #5 but there will be NO #6, so nope!  He is not pulling that one on me again!  That being said, I now love the name he picked for #2 and think it is perfect for her.

rachel, any name that gives you the warm fuzzies gets my vote!!!  You'll be saying/writing this name a million times!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#39 of 44 Old 11-16-2011, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwill View Post

I like it.. what would the first name be? In my opinion, middle names can be just about anything. They hardly get used, so I really don't stress middle names as much as first names.

In Love stillheart.gif with my best friend & mama to three beautiful little boys! stork-suprise.gif Expecting #4 Oct. 2014!
#40 of 44 Old 11-17-2011, 06:59 AM

I like the name Oran. I actually mentioned the name Orrin to DH has a possible fist name but DH said it makes him think of Orrin Hatch so he said no. I liked the name Orsin as well and DH's said no because it makes him think of Orson Welles. I'm not sure how that's a negative connotation, but it's very important to us that we both agree on a name so Oscar it is! I don't know what it is with me and O names with this baby. I kind of liked the name Owen for him as well. I guess I just feel like he needs an O name.

Wife to DH stillheart.gif 08/09 and SAHM to DD 09/08 and DS 11/11

Surprise! Expecting #3 Nov. 2013!
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36 yikes2.gif **40

#41 of 44 Old 11-17-2011, 07:27 AM

DDCC  instead of Hardin you could do Hudson, i LOVE Hudson

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#42 of 44 Old 11-17-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitlin0919 View Post

I like the name Oran. I actually mentioned the name Orrin to DH has a possible fist name but DH said it makes him think of Orrin Hatch so he said no. I liked the name Orsin as well and DH's said no because it makes him think of Orson Welles. I'm not sure how that's a negative connotation, but it's very important to us that we both agree on a name so Oscar it is! I don't know what it is with me and O names with this baby. I kind of liked the name Owen for him as well. I guess I just feel like he needs an O name.

I like Orrin too, but Orrin Hatch having the name would be a total NO! LOL. My second is Oliver, and I've wanted to use Owen as a middle name before because that is my grandfather's name. So I guess I like O names too. I LOVE Oscar, a LOT, but I could never use it because it's too close to Oliver.

#43 of 44 Old 11-17-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraBella View Post

I like it.. what would the first name be? In my opinion, middle names can be just about anything. They hardly get used, so I really don't stress middle names as much as first names.

I know.  I don't know why I'm worrying.  But DH nixed it so it doesn't matter.  Boooooo.  j/k.  I think we actually came to an agreement last night so I'm psyched.  

#44 of 44 Old 11-17-2011, 03:51 PM

I finally committed to a name, she's going to be Josephine (after both of her grandmas-mary jo and roseanne josephine) but we're leaving the middle name until we meet her.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page