How soon (if ever) did you feel "icky"? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 58 Old 11-23-2011, 10:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've also been more irritable/easily-stressed-out lately. And weepy. Ugh. I'm glad I don't have any kids already...just an extremely patient husband! Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeJane'sMommy View Post

It is nice to hear that others are having a hard time controlling their emotions. My poor daughter has been so patient with me the whole pregnancy and yesterday I just went off on her for no reason, she is only 4. I made her cry and after doing it I felt so horrible and said to myself I cannot wait until this is over so I can feel normal again. Apparently, according to my mom, I get really mean towards the end of pregnancy. I hope this is all over soon.

in love with and married to my best friend ♥ snuggling my baby girl Ari Grace, 12-4-11

#32 of 58 Old 11-23-2011, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

It's amazing how these last few weeks feel like months!

Amanda, I hear you on saying "yes" more.  This works for me, too, in general! 

I had to clean the house yesterday (we had people over) and I felt SO much better this morning, knowing everything was still pretty clean.  I wish I could not care what the house looked like .. .I've tried, but I have far more peace when things are in order.  They are never, ever perfect, but I just don't want disaster!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#33 of 58 Old 11-23-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizelenius View Post

I had to clean the house yesterday (we had people over) and I felt SO much better this morning, knowing everything was still pretty clean.  I wish I could not care what the house looked like .. .I've tried, but I have far more peace when things are in order.  They are never, ever perfect, but I just don't want disaster!

I'm the same way. People roll their eyes and do the whole "oh don't worry about it, you're going to be a mom, you have to get used to it", but I honestly do feel better and more relaxed after I've taken the time to clean up. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#34 of 58 Old 11-23-2011, 02:40 PM

^^^ +100000000000  

Plus I have 3 shedding animals in a teeny tiny house.  Cleaning is just a part of my daily morning routine.

#35 of 58 Old 11-23-2011, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavatea View Post

This is so me. I just can't stand the mess. I need everything perfect all of the time. I feel like I spend all of my energy on maintenance so no headway gets done on actual projects. I'm SO tired of just treading water. I want everyone to pick up after themselves so the place stays nice and I can concentrate on other things.
Anyone else have an insane compulsion to vacuum? I wrote it out on the calendar to vacuum every 3 days.

YES! I need everything perfect, too. My 8 year old is my little slave. She's such a good one, though, ;) never complains about the things I ask her to pick up, is generally cheerful and likes things where they belong as much as I do. My 6 year old helps, too, I make them follow the 2 year old around the house all day long. Squatting to grab stuff off of the floor is NOT working for me right now. I will do dishes and vacuum tonight, then watch netflix for an hour to recover. ;)

I also ran several errands today and cleaned out one last closet. It felt great to drop two bags of junk off at the Goodwill.

I told my sister that I think I'll have this baby next week. He is SO stinkin' low and the Braxton Hicks are very, very regular...

I want all things in their places and I am dreading coming home from the hospital to a disaster. I will probably leave a list with the 8 year old and tell her to ask daddy to help with it before he picks me up. ;)

Love this thread!

#36 of 58 Old 11-23-2011, 05:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I just slept most of the day. Ok, no, just for a few hours, because I've been lying awake for 4 or so hours in the night, not wanting to get up and do things and make noise so DH can't sleep. But I feel like crap because I didn't do anything but eat and sleep all day, the floors are desperate for sleeping, the bed is unmade, and the kitchen is a total wreck. Yet here I am reporting to all of you...all my energy is just gone today. But! There are blonde brownies in the oven (Dh has been asking for them). So I'm not a totally worthless wife.

Also, my belly is super achy, a sort of muscle-achiness. What's that about?

And for the last week or so, I have had the most insane sweet tooth! Usually EVERYTHING is way too sweet for me, but now I'm dreaming of juices and chocolate and cookies and more juices. I've read that a sugar craving usually means the body actually wants protein, so protein is pretty much all I've been eating, with a few little indulgences. What do you do about a crazy sugar craving?

Dear baby: Please come soon. I'm tired of being pregnant and I'd really like to carry you around without your head being between my legs and your feet in my ribs. Love, Your Mama

(Eeeee....almost someone's mama. Oh, holy crap)

Maker-mama, joyously loving my boy, Winter Rhys, born 12/2011, and our twins, Wren and Forest, born 4/2014.
#37 of 58 Old 11-23-2011, 05:14 PM

Totally with you there!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azadehhast View Post

Dear baby: Please come soon. I'm tired of being pregnant and I'd really like to carry you around without your head being between my legs and your feet in my ribs. Love, Your Mama

in love with and married to my best friend ♥ snuggling my baby girl Ari Grace, 12-4-11

#38 of 58 Old 11-23-2011, 06:40 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:

Hehehehe! =D

.....I am, apparently, really effing peevish today. Went off on one friend who thought it was funny to mock me when one of those lovely dilation-cramps caught me off-guard and made me wince. Later went off on another who, when I mentioned that my insurance carrier resets their fiscal year on December 1 and therefore I'm hoping baby comes in a week early to save myself a new deductible/copay, went off on one of his usual long-winded rants about how the US's health care system sucks and everything is sparkles and magic ponies over in Canada.

I'm normally pretty patient/tolerant/good-humored, but... Are people trying to piss me off today?? >.>

Just a homegrown heretic hopelessly in love with her amazing DH, 2.5 year old Eli, and now expecting a new arrival April 2015.
#39 of 58 Old 11-23-2011, 06:49 PM

Quote:

And for the last week or so, I have had the most insane sweet tooth! Usually EVERYTHING is way too sweet for me, but now I'm dreaming of juices and chocolate and cookies and more juices. I've read that a sugar craving usually means the body actually wants protein, so protein is pretty much all I've been eating, with a few little indulgences. What do you do about a crazy sugar craving?

I have no sweet tooth normally, then through most of the pregnancy it was curbed with lots of yogurt and berries, but it was raging out of control for a while so I gave in.  I just baked a lot for about 2 weeks.  Now it's gone again and my husband is sad, lol.  I really don't think it was protein-related for me.

#40 of 58 Old 11-23-2011, 10:14 PM

I just polished off another batch of oatmeal M&M cookies, made them two days ago, my kids have only had a few.... Fully expecting another 2 pound weight gain this week. But, I don't think its a protein issue with me, either. I had LOTS of protein today, a double burger (yikes!) full fat cottage cheese and peanut butter. Wow, no wonder I'm a cow, LOL (and wincing at the same time!)

#41 of 58 Old 11-24-2011, 05:50 AM

I've been indulging -- mostly in dark chocolate because it is the most satisfying indulgence for me. 

WARNING:  Aches and pains rant:hopmad.gif

I've been getting pains on the underside of my belly.  I try to drink something when that happens in case I am dehydrated.  Not sure if that's it, but hydrating doesn't hurt.  I've had the most awful pain in my pelvis these past couple of weeks. Right now it feels like my pubic bone is going to crack when I walk.  Not sure if the feeling is coming from there or just the center of my pelvis, but it feels like I might split in two, and is nothing like aches/pains from previous pregnancies.

I'll have my first home visit on Tuesday, so I'll ask then.

I also have had a painful lump on my foot for over a month now.  It feels like something is embedded in there, but DP and I can't find anything.  Yesterday, it was suggested to me that it might be a plantar's wart, but it doesn't look like the photos I've googled.  I also looked up info about plantar's warts, and now I'm freaking out about passing this on to my DP and our younglings.  It says the virus can live for months in a wet environment, such as showers... I've been frantically cleaning my shower and walking around in slippers.  Since I had to cancel yesterday's DR appt., I won't be able to see the DR until next week.crap.gif

And a DP rant:

Also, I have NO patience for hearing about DP's aches and pains.  I can't ask him for any sort of massage without hearing about his aching hands.  He pulled something in his hand while he was throwing bricks from the roof while he was tearing down that old chimney.  I've heard about this so much since last Sunday that I've decided he did this to himself by being careless, and I've imagined a different scenario for him:  if it were bothering my hands so much, I would have climbed down and produced some sort of container to collect the old bricks in and just sent them down in a rope ... I desperately need a massage, but we can't afford to pay someone.  I don't ask for much:  a shoulder/foot rub from time to time.  Before DP's recent injury, his hands were "too tired."  When I think of all of the full-body massages I've given him over the past 12 years:  splat.gif  I'm seriously considering replacing him as my birth partner.  My oldest DD will turn 8 in a few short weeks, and I think she may just be a better support person this time around.

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
#42 of 58 Old 11-24-2011, 11:34 AM

Ok, really gross side note from the topic of this thread, but I wanted to address the plantar wart issue, Bennypai.

I first got a plantar wart around 6 years ago from those nasty shared army showers, and I refused to admit until around a year ago that it was in fact a wart-- just the word is nasty, nasty, nasty to me. But, yes, ok, it really is a wart. It stayed really small and was never bothersome until I got pregnant, when that one wart quickly lead to three more. Gross, now I have 4 warts on my foot. Basically, I figure, my immune system dealt fine with the wart until pregnancy turned it off (my immune system, that is), and then the virus expanded. Nothing really seems to help the warts go away, but treatment pads do keep them from growing, and I'm sure once pregnancy is over, I'll be able to get a handle on it. And yes, I am really worried about passing it to the baby, so I'll be really careful about that. But having shared showers with DH basically since I got the first wart, and he's never gotten any, And neither has anyone else we shared houses and bathrooms with. So, while what you're describing doesn't sound very wart-like, I think if you're generally clean and don't rub the soles of your feet on other people, you're probably fine.

End of grossness.

Maker-mama, joyously loving my boy, Winter Rhys, born 12/2011, and our twins, Wren and Forest, born 4/2014.
#43 of 58 Old 11-24-2011, 02:33 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Benny~ could DD give you massages? My mom used to pay me or my sisters $2 for a 20 minute foot rub. Apparently we did pretty well at it? Once one of us did her feet, then she'd have to think of jobs for the other two so someone else would rub her back and the last kid would brush her hair, LOL!

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#44 of 58 Old 11-25-2011, 03:58 AM

Mummoth, that's a great idea.  My thinking has been headed in this direction.  :)  As a matter of fact, my oldest DD loves massages and I'm almost positive she'd be willing to do them on a trade basis. I've been thinking about offering her an active role during my labor.  She has been much more interested in the birth process this time around... she's always been interested in the babies and seeing them born, but not so much the process before.

Azadehhast:  Thanks for the info!  I found a thread here on mothering about plantar warts and water birth form last February.  It was suggested, if the OP was concerned, to use a waterproof covering.  If the doctor says this is a plantar's wart, I'll just pick up some waterproof bandaids.  I had never learned about plantar's warts before.  I had no idea they were contagious or  how you could get one.  I was starting to worry about the possibility of passing this on - especially to the children, but it is comforting to know that yours hasn't been passed on to your DH or housemates. 

!

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
#45 of 58 Old 11-25-2011, 09:21 AM

Im feeling pretty icky too. I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow and have been having cramps/contractions since Wednesday, some are pretty uncomfortable. Also lovely shooting pains down the inside of my thighs. Don't remember this with my son who had to be induced at a few days past 41 weeks~ I did have two nights of menstrual-like cramps with him that subsided in the morning... And yeah, my patience is getting very low too. Think we're going to have some days of DS (2 3/4) watching a lot more TV than usual...

On the plus side, my sciatica seems to have disappeared~ wonder if the baby just moved positions? Grateful for that though, as the crampy contractions are plenty annoying!

#46 of 58 Old 11-26-2011, 07:47 PM

BennyPai:  If it doesn't turn out to be a wart, you might also try googling "seed corn" and see if that might be what you have on your foot?  I have one on the ball of my foot which I thought for sure was some kind of wart when I first noticed it.  It's harmless, but it makes it quite painful to walk barefooted on any hard surface.  All this extra pregnancy weight doesn't help.  

Serene, happily married to my DH

Dahlia Bluebelle born 8/09, Pearl Whimsy born 12/11

#47 of 58 Old 11-27-2011, 07:38 AM

MamaTangerine:  Thanks!  I hadn't even considered it might be a corn.  I checked google images and it looks much more similar to a corn.  I'll just have to see what the doctor says ...

#48 of 58 Old 11-30-2011, 06:10 AM

I wouldn't call it icky. But I am ready to have my body back. Then I feel guilty for feeling this way. I want our baby to be born when he's ready. I'm not rushing anything, but I can hardly wait to be able to move freely again. Anything that falls to the floor is pretty much lost to me, bending over is sooo uncomfortable. I wake up in the middle of the night feeling sooooo uncomfortable. I sometimes just give up on sleeping. (Though there's not much to do in our small apartment in the middle of the night. Maybe I should teach myself programming, that's a quite activity.) I've started feeling a burning pain shooting down my right thigh for two weeks now. We are in our 36th week. The midwife says baby's pinching my nerve. Oh, baby's getting on my nerve. LOL. My nose feels stuffed all the time, breathing feels so labored. I go around sighing all the time. I have to comfort DH that all is well and I just can't breathe right. At least it feels that way. I alternate between feeling tired and lethargic, and full of energy. My nap times have extended to 1.5 hours from 1 recently. I've had a sudden craving for chocolate all the time, now. I wonder if it's a comfort food issue. I never want to leave the hot shower, it is so soothing. Hot shower and chocolate. Mmmmmm! Just waiting for baby!

#49 of 58 Old 11-30-2011, 06:28 AM

CVSilva, I'm annoyed by the shortness of breath I'm experiencing!  I could do without the heartburn, too.  Baby is healthy, though, and in no hurry to be born so I'm trying to just move slowly and be patient. ... (easier said than done while you're chasing around a 2-yr-old and shuttling her sisters back and forth to school 5 days a week!)

wink1.gif

Update on my foot issue:  Yup, it's a plantar's wart.  crap.gif The Dr. treated it with liquid nitrogen to kill its surface.  If it hasn't been there long, this may get rid of it permanently...  It still hurts a LOT, but at least I know what it is and relief may be on the way.

Hang in there, everyone!  grouphug.gif

#50 of 58 Old 11-30-2011, 07:54 AM - Thread Starter

I was watching Sister Wives last night (my guilty pleasure!) and one of the wives is pregnant.  She was having contractions that would make her stop and breathe through them a few weeks before she was due, and then she was even overdue by 2 weeks!  I have never had that before . . .that must be very tough. 

I think my biggest problem right now is insomnia.  I just cannot sleep well at night, and then I am sort of a zombie during the day.  I really feel bad for my kids!  Of course, once the baby is here there is no reason to think I will be well-rested so I guess we will all have to put up with this for a long time yet.

#51 of 58 Old 11-30-2011, 07:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyPai View Post

Update on my foot issue:  Yup, it's a plantar's wart.  crap.gif The Dr. treated it with liquid nitrogen to kill its surface.  If it hasn't been there long, this may get rid of it permanently...  It still hurts a LOT, but at least I know what it is and relief may be on the way.

Hang in there, everyone!  grouphug.gif

Glad you found out and are started with a treatment!

#52 of 58 Old 11-30-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVSilva View Post

I wouldn't call it icky. But I am ready to have my body back. Then I feel guilty for feeling this way. I want our baby to be born when he's ready. I'm not rushing anything, but I can hardly wait to be able to move freely again. Anything that falls to the floor is pretty much lost to me, bending over is sooo uncomfortable. I wake up in the middle of the night feeling sooooo uncomfortable. I sometimes just give up on sleeping. (Though there's not much to do in our small apartment in the middle of the night. Maybe I should teach myself programming, that's a quite activity.) I've started feeling a burning pain shooting down my right thigh for two weeks now. We are in our 36th week. The midwife says baby's pinching my nerve. Oh, baby's getting on my nerve. LOL. My nose feels stuffed all the time, breathing feels so labored. I go around sighing all the time. I have to comfort DH that all is well and I just can't breathe right. At least it feels that way. I alternate between feeling tired and lethargic, and full of energy. My nap times have extended to 1.5 hours from 1 recently. I've had a sudden craving for chocolate all the time, now. I wonder if it's a comfort food issue. I never want to leave the hot shower, it is so soothing. Hot shower and chocolate. Mmmmmm! Just waiting for baby!

I completely feel you!! I don't know how many times DH has asked "Are you ok?" and I look at him blankly until he tells me I was sighing heavily. Then I'm like, "Oh... yeah I'm fine, I just can't breathe, hehe." I also recently found out that apparently I've been snoring! Sweet DH has managed to keep quiet on this issue until now, but apparently I can make an impressive racket. lol.gif

My SPD started out as a burning pain in the front/inside of my left thigh. Start keeping your knees together when you move around - no joke, you want to minimize stress here as much as possible, just in case. =/ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyPai View Post

I've had these, and as long as the Dr. got all the wart tissue, that ought to take care of it. I let it go so long (and picked at it so much... terrible habit!) that I ended up with a pretty deep little cluster of them on the bottom of my big toe. The holes the nitrogen burned through my toe were so deep (and disgusting!!) that I had to wear a special boot and do twice-daily soaks and then pack it with silver nitrate while it healed. It was painful and icky... but it was awesome to show the crater in my toe to people and gross them out. I'm so mature sometimes!! ROTFLMAO.gif

.....ahem. Anyway, my point was, yes that will take care of it, and good for you for getting it taken care of early. ;)

Just a homegrown heretic hopelessly in love with her amazing DH, 2.5 year old Eli, and now expecting a new arrival April 2015.
#53 of 58 Old 12-01-2011, 10:38 AM

Aeterna, thanks for the advice. I'll note it next time I get up and walk. My uncle in law thinks we're having a boy because of the way I walk. Maybe I have a manly swagger now, hehe. Ahh! Dear sweet hubby has been very gracious not to mention all the unladylike noises coming from me in the middle of the night and day. I tell you, they were not kidding when they said no one does gas like a pregnant lady.

#54 of 58 Old 12-01-2011, 02:13 PM

Oh jeez, you're not kidding. Gassy preggo in a silent classroom during a final exam: I die of embarrassment. -.-

Interestingly enough, the "pregnancy waddle" is pretty much a direct cause of that symphysis pubis ligament loosening up! SPD is just when it goes overboard. =P

#55 of 58 Old 12-01-2011, 03:32 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I mostly get laughed at for playing with my belly button... it pokes out when I sit down. Also if I sit on the floor for too long, watching me get up is hilarious to the kids. And getting out of the truck. And when I slop food on my belly at meals. The waddle seems to come and go at random, so that hasn't been too bad yet.

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#56 of 58 Old 12-01-2011, 04:31 PM

Yeah, not much waddling here either.  Apparently I can no longer sit in any kind of chair with a back, thanks to a pair of legs tucked up under my ribs.  Sitting on the floor with my laptop on the couch these days.  So glamorous.  

I actually can't really complain about physical pregnancy ailments.  And emotionally I've been really good until recently.  I can count on my fingers the number of irrational mood swings/sobfests for no reason I've had since the beginning.  

But I'm in a major slump lately.  Very down on myself and uninterested in life.  Any pep I can muster is so ephemeral, it's like it was never there at all.  I would like to attribute it to another hormone shift, but I feel like realistically it's been a (very) slow slide in this latter half of pregnancy.  But it's also winter.  It's dark.  I just can't do the things I used to do/the things that help me love this time of year normally.  I feel like I'm waiting until I can again.  I'm waiting until I have a baby in my arms.  But I have a whole month to wait.  A person can't get by on just waiting for that long.  

#57 of 58 Old 12-01-2011, 05:43 PM

Oh gosh, I SO have the waddle to make up for all you mamas may lack! DH laughs whenever he sees me walking. My hips just expanded again over the weekend (followed by more decent of baby-- yay!), and now I h ave to sort of lean forward when I stand, kinda like a chimp, with my bum thrust outward a bit, because that's just how the bones are positioned now. But I am quite happy, despite the ridiculous waddle and posture, that there is so much room got baby now between all those bones.

Cwill, I'm right there with you on the waiting and winter and needing to do something to make the long, grey days pass. Every day I decide to find something new to cherish or savor, but I'm really only barely clinging to emotional/mental sanity. I feel like my life has been only waiting for nearly two years....it has been, actually, circumstantially, and all the wait has just oozed out of me.

#58 of 58 Old 12-01-2011, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Weird, but today the waddle suddenly came on this morning.  DH says I've been doing it awhile, but I don't think so! 

Aeterna, I had no idea there was a name for it!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page