How soon (if ever) did you feel "icky"? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 58 Old 11-18-2011, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yes, for back of a better word, let's go with "icky."

I am not even 35 weeks yet (will be on Sunday) and this is the 2nd day of cramps and soreness.  I am not having the kind of BH where I get tight and out of breath . . .but it just feels like my belly aches and I do not want to walk around much.  I do get tight but it's lower, and not a true cx.

I had this with my #4th for quite some time (and she was born the latest--- just a few days before the dd) so while in NO WAY do I want this baby out now, I am sort of dreading the next few weeks of this.  When I had this with the others, it meant labor would be coming really soon, but now I know better.

Anyone else?

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#2 of 58 Old 11-18-2011, 12:17 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I'm 37 weeks today (or Sunday, depending who you ask) and I have more and more days like that. The other thing that's going on is insomnia... I'm awake between 3 - 5 AM almost daily. I've had insomnia off & on for years, so I don't get annoyed or anything. I've been using that time to practice relaxation or count fetal movements. I usually fall back asleep after DH leaves for work and then have a hard time getting up to get the kids off to school. Then, when I could be napping I get a burst of energy and start nesting. I'm usually a grumpy, exhausted wreck by evening.

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#3 of 58 Old 11-18-2011, 12:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I've definitely entered the territory of feeling pretty icky. I'm 36 weeks now, and all but one day this week I've been having lots of cramping and mini contractions during the night. I feel like I'm about to start a really mean period: feeling like something is about to fall out of my cervix, tight and crampy on the lower front and back, and just kind of achy. Also, incredibly ready to cry at anything. I really just want to curl up with a hot water bottle and watch movies all day in my bathrobe. Long walks are definitely tough.

Part of me feels like it'll start getting more real soon and baby will be out before 38 weeks. But I keep reminding myself that it's just as likely to stay in there and I'll feel nasty like this for a month or more. Ugh. The wait and see.

Maker-mama, joyously loving my boy, Winter Rhys, born 12/2011, and our twins, Wren and Forest, born 4/2014.
#4 of 58 Old 11-18-2011, 12:46 PM

I used that exact word to my midwife yesterday...I'm about 36wks or just over....I'm also getting constant contractions (since Wednesday night) and REALLY instense pressure...feel like I need to make a huge BM all the time...didn't get much sleep last night and I hope that isn't a trend for me to deal with for a long time...also I cant focus on anything...blahhhh lol

#5 of 58 Old 11-18-2011, 12:50 PM

I'm feeling yucky now.

I twisted my ankle and scratched the other knee when I fell a few days ago and I have been staying close to the couch since...

I am only 34.3, but measuring ahead. I'm hoping he comes around 38 weeks. I want to get up and move again.

Nights are very hard, I have two sick tots now and they keep me up. So does the switching sides and peeing often. ;)

#6 of 58 Old 11-18-2011, 01:28 PM

I feel off and on flu-ish, and getting tired at the drop of a hat. I've been experiencing the contractions, mostly they seem to be reactive-- if I try to carry laundry downstairs, or rolling over in bed. I had a few last night that had me wanting to cry, not because they were so bad or anything, but because I knew that on the scale of a full contraction they were probably only about a 1-2, so not really meaning anything, and I was just so darn tired and tired of it hurting to roll over in bed! lol. 

Also, woke up this morning mad at the world. Before I even got out of bed, I found myself backtalking to DH and nitpicky at him. It's 3:30pm now, and it hasn't gotten better. He's just lucky most of it is staying in my head, because I'm feeling very short fused and hot tempered, and I know most of it isn't fair to him. 

So yes, count me in as icky. I'd say the icky started... maybe 37 weeks? And the short tempered started 38 weeks. It could pass anytime now and that would be nice... 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#7 of 58 Old 11-18-2011, 02:07 PM

I'm 34 weeks today and definitely "icky". lol Hip pain, horrible heartburn, tons of pelvic pressure/pain (I can barely walk because it hurts so much to lift my legs)...yeah. :-/

I was also told yesterday that my pregnancy is not typical of a first...that they are usually easier. I'm like thanks, that seals it, I'm never getting pregnant again. LOL

in love with and married to my best friend ♥ snuggling my baby girl Ari Grace, 12-4-11

#8 of 58 Old 11-18-2011, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter

I have not found that they get easier AT ALL.  Every time is harder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveryLamb View Post

I'm 34 weeks today and definitely "icky". lol Hip pain, horrible heartburn, tons of pelvic pressure/pain (I can barely walk because it hurts so much to lift my legs)...yeah. :-/

I was also told yesterday that my pregnancy is not typical of a first...that they are usually easier. I'm like thanks, that seals it, I'm never getting pregnant again. LOL

#9 of 58 Old 11-18-2011, 04:32 PM

Quote:

My first pregnancy was terrible, and so is this one.

Once I hit 6 weeks, everything goes downhill and it stays that way until the baby is born.

LOL, I am just full of positivity on these DDC boards.

#10 of 58 Old 11-18-2011, 05:09 PM

No, she meant the first is supposed to be easier and the subsequent, worse. I'm like yeah, thanks a lot, don't think I want to go thru WORSE than this!! Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizelenius View Post

I have not found that they get easier AT ALL.  Every time is harder!

Quote:

in love with and married to my best friend ♥ snuggling my baby girl Ari Grace, 12-4-11

#11 of 58 Old 11-18-2011, 05:30 PM

My second was the easiest apart from the hip pain I had with him (whihc I now know could have been treated)...I think it had to do with my activity level - very high with him and somehow I think that made me feel better and also I didn't swell at all...AND I kept my iron levels up.

#12 of 58 Old 11-18-2011, 05:33 PM

Oh...and I also forgot, costochondritis. Not fun.

#13 of 58 Old 11-19-2011, 08:38 AM

ugh!  icky is just it: exhausted and huge, constant contractions, swelling, insomnia, shortness of breath, back pain… my list could go on and on.  and, sadly, all of these things are making me very grouchy, which is awful for my kids.  it’s going to be a tough couple of weeks!

mama to four
eliza jane 7.07 :: henry cale 8.07 :: naomi penn 7.09 :: simon otto 12.11

#14 of 58 Old 11-19-2011, 09:00 AM

I have had moments of "ickiness", which I think of as flu-like symptoms: nausea, cramping, lethargy, etc.  And a handful of "icky" days here and there throughout the pregnancy, but nothing that would lead me to think things are getting started or that would make me describe my days as icky.  :)

#15 of 58 Old 11-20-2011, 05:15 PM

I have been feeling icky for the past few weeks.  I'm 35 1/2 weeks now.  I'm experiencing frequent pelvis pains.  Warm baths help, and the effect lasts about an hour.  With three kiddos around, though, this is something I am able to do once a day while DP is home.  I'm moody, too.  DP angers me much more easily, and I have cried at least once a day for the past week.  At the end of my last three pregnancies, I've really felt that DP and I lose our connection and I'm very lonely.  He starts complaining to me of his own aches and pains whenever I ask for a foot rub, etc.   It doesn't help that during the final month of all three of my pregnancies, DP has developed some sort of health issue.  The first pregnancy it was severe acid reflux.  Second pregnancy:  SHINGLES.  Third pregnancy:  he passed a kidney stone.  He's due for some sort of health problem any minute, and I'll want to send him off if it happens again this time.  I just want him to be able to to take care of me and not the other way around.

My energy level is at an all-time low, but my daughters are as bouncy as ever.  I'm working on showing them more patience. 

And I seriously argue with the stairs at least a few times a day.hopmad.gif  I avoid going up and down them when at all possible.

All of this makes me feel like I'm losing it half of the time.wild.gif

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
#16 of 58 Old 11-20-2011, 06:03 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Oh benny, I am SO with you... we went car shopping today and I was so stressed out the whole time I've felt like crying ever since... DH thinks we can afford a car loan, I don't and we'd probably need my name/income to the application to get it approved. I really don't want to do that. DH set up the crib tonight and it's just too much reality for one day. It doesn't help that the kids were at XH's parents for the day... I always worry about them when they're over there.

It was pretty funny being in emergency for DH's Bells Palsy. It was very, very busy in there so only patients were allowed to sit down. I think I had a chair offered to me about 30 times! It was like the opposite of on the bus, where perfectly able-bodied people pretend they don't see you... DH, who we thought was having a stroke, trying to give me his seat... a guy coughing into an oxygen mask, trying to give me his seat... a woman who was there because she had been having fainting spells, trying to give me her seat. He's got a consult with a neurologist in a month to see if it's affected him permanently or not... at least he feels okay in the meantime.

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#17 of 58 Old 11-21-2011, 03:06 PM

I am extremely impatient with my kids and hate myself for it. I apologize to them all the time. It SUCKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissarana View Post

ugh!  icky is just it: exhausted and huge, constant contractions, swelling, insomnia, shortness of breath, back pain… my list could go on and on.  and, sadly, all of these things are making me very grouchy, which is awful for my kids.  it’s going to be a tough couple of weeks!

#18 of 58 Old 11-21-2011, 03:50 PM

I haven't been active on this DDC, but I am so with this thread. I just want my kids to go away. And I could strangle DH just about every day. I hope it's hormonal and I will be better once baby is out. B/c if I'm this person all the time with 3 kids...well, I don't like me.

Amanda praying.gif (31), RN, BSN
Catholic wife to guitar.gif (DH 28); mommy to blahblah.gif (DD 9), jog.gif (DS 6), angel2.gif (DS 11/09), angel1.gif (3/10), angel1.gif (6/10), our rainbow1284.gif (DS 1), and a surprise baby.gif (DD)

#19 of 58 Old 11-21-2011, 04:16 PM

I feel super icky right now.

I saw picture's of my baby shower that someone tagged me in on FB and had a near melt down and started crying. Why can't people just ask before they tag you???

I felt like a blown up elephant in the pictures. :(

As happy as I am that I am carrying this sweet boy, I just want my body back.

But not yet, he needs to cook a little longer.

Happily married to DH stillheart.gif for 11 years. Proud Mama bf.jpg of DS1 jammin.gif (10) and DS2  babyf.gif(12 m/o)

#20 of 58 Old 11-21-2011, 05:51 PM

@EuroMama, untag yourself. You actually probably look absolutely beautiful, but for now, while you're still pregnant and hormonal, do yourself a favor and untag. You can always retag it later. =)

I'm 38 weeks now and definitely feeling the "ready to be done" vibe. Hips are starting to get excruciating and are less responsive to previously-effective methods of pain mitigation. I'm relying more on DH to help me get up from seated positions, just because it hurts so damned much to put that sort of pressure on my left hip. =/

Started getting persistently crampy today, too. I assume these are like menstrual cramps, though I'll admit I've never actually had those, lol... but it's the same crampiness I got when I had the Mirena inserted and I was told THOSE are like menstrual cramps so that's my association. lol.gif

Just generally uncomfortable. My back hurts, my hip hurts, my belly hurts, I can't get comfortable, the reflux sucks, my legs ache from the forced inactivity, whine whine whine whine whine.... I just feel like a big whiner. xD

But at least I can breathe again!! xD

Just a homegrown heretic hopelessly in love with her amazing DH, 2.5 year old Eli, and now expecting a new arrival April 2015.
#21 of 58 Old 11-21-2011, 09:44 PM - Thread Starter

Oooooh, mamas.  A huge hug to you all.

Wish we could all just relax these last few weeks.  My kids are definitely suffering right now, too.  I am not in the mood for anything-- not work (I work from home, at night), the kids, the holidays, cleaning, cooking . . .nope.  Just want to do nothing!

I don't remember BH actually hurting before.  In past pregnancies they were uncomfortable but I could move around and they'd go away.  Lately I have found I am tightening myself up, and when I remember to relax, that helps, too . . .but tonight neither is working.

Can't wait to see pics of your beautiful babies . . .won't be long now!!!

#22 of 58 Old 11-22-2011, 05:40 AM

Lol! I did that as soon as I was tagged hahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeterna View Post

@EuroMama, untag yourself. You actually probably look absolutely beautiful, but for now, while you're still pregnant and hormonal, do yourself a favor and untag. You can always retag it later. =)

Mizelenius likes this.

Happily married to DH stillheart.gif for 11 years. Proud Mama bf.jpg of DS1 jammin.gif (10) and DS2  babyf.gif(12 m/o)

#23 of 58 Old 11-22-2011, 10:20 AM

my 2.5 y/o ds is driving me insane, i broke down crying at playgroup today when a mom told me that she could see the stress in my face, i'm 38 weeks hoping to have this baby soon....

#24 of 58 Old 11-22-2011, 10:53 AM

Love this thread and I'm feeling more dependent than ever on this DDC. LOTS of pressure from baby's head today. I need two more weeks, then feel free to escape, boy! ;)

I am better with my kids if I just stop telling them NO all the time. Let them make a mess, let them have two cookies instead of one. Let them get up earlier in the morning. Saying yes is so much more pleasant..... for right this minute, LOL!

Mizelenius likes this.
#25 of 58 Old 11-22-2011, 01:20 PM

I don't post often, but glad I found this thread.  I am 36.5 weeks with #3 and after 2 straight weeks of insomnia I am just feeling well, "icky", big, tired, reflux, shortness of breath and crabby.  My legs ache, why?  Anyone know.  They are only a tiny bit swollen if at all.  Also, I spent an hour crying last night because I was so impatient with my little boys yesterday.  Everything was "No, don't, clean this up".  I am glad to know I am not the only one struggling with the toddlers/older children at this point in the pregnancy.

Thanks mama's for sharing.

Mama of 3 little boys - DS1 4/08, DS2 4/09, DS3 12/11

#26 of 58 Old 11-22-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnpmama View Post

I don't post often, but glad I found this thread.  I am 36.5 weeks with #3 and after 2 straight weeks of insomnia I am just feeling well, "icky", big, tired, reflux, shortness of breath and crabby.  My legs ache, why?  Anyone know.  They are only a tiny bit swollen if at all.  Also, I spent an hour crying last night because I was so impatient with my little boys yesterday.  Everything was "No, don't, clean this up".  I am glad to know I am not the only one struggling with the toddlers/older children at this point in the pregnancy.

Thanks mama's for sharing.

This is so me. I just can't stand the mess. I need everything perfect all of the time. I feel like I spend all of my energy on maintenance so no headway gets done on actual projects. I'm SO tired of just treading water. I want everyone to pick up after themselves so the place stays nice and I can concentrate on other things.

Anyone else have an insane compulsion to vacuum? I wrote it out on the calendar to vacuum every 3 days.

Amanda praying.gif (31), RN, BSN
Catholic wife to guitar.gif (DH 28); mommy to blahblah.gif (DD 9), jog.gif (DS 6), angel2.gif (DS 11/09), angel1.gif (3/10), angel1.gif (6/10), our rainbow1284.gif (DS 1), and a surprise baby.gif (DD)

#27 of 58 Old 11-22-2011, 08:59 PM

Wow I'm glad I'm not alone in the daily crying, being mean to dh and impatient with ds crowd.  I'm yelling at dh all the time about everything and I feel awful that ds is listening to that.  Also feeling very icky. I'm super tender where baby's butt is sticking out like a huge lump and apparently he has no room to move because he has been stuck in the same place for a week making me miserable.

#28 of 58 Old 11-23-2011, 07:45 AM

My house is a wreck.  bag.gif  I am not a neat freak by anyone's standards, but it's enough to stress me out.  The video circulating of the two boys playing in flour:  that type of event is regular around here.  My first & second graders are on break from school this week, and while they understand our rules perfectly. they have been breaking them every time I'm busy doing something.  I've given up on trying to do things because it isn't worth the disaster that will be waiting for me when I finish the task.  ... and the melt-down I will likely have once I see what they've done. 

I yelled at my husband the other night for not responding to me when he was half-asleep.guilty.gif  I probably got so worked up because he was sleepy.  He fell asleep in the 7PM hour on the couch... there is so much to do and I really need him to have the energy that I don't have.greensad.gif

Today, even though I have no idea when DP might be paid next (he's self-employed and his customer happens to be in the hospital with post-surgery complications), I am going to replace my favorite meditation cd.  I need to bring in peaceful energy...

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
#29 of 58 Old 11-23-2011, 10:09 AM

Quote:

Oh...and I also forgot, costochondritis. Not fun.

This is my second pregnancy (almost 5 years apart) and by no means has it been easy, but it has been WWWAAYYYY easier than my first, so don't listen to anything you hear. Your second may be easier, the same or harder. It will be completely different though. Although this being our second one we still have decided that this will be last.

Student Mother  and Wife hang.gif 29 married to DH 31 jammin.gif since 03 Zoe Elizabeth Jane 4.75 energy.gif and Jace Aaron Edward 12/12/11 babyboy.gif

#30 of 58 Old 11-23-2011, 10:12 AM

It is nice to hear that others are having a hard time controlling their emotions. My poor daughter has been so patient with me the whole pregnancy and yesterday I just went off on her for no reason, she is only 4. I made her cry and after doing it I felt so horrible and said to myself I cannot wait until this is over so I can feel normal again. Apparently, according to my mom, I get really mean towards the end of pregnancy. I hope this is all over soon.

Student Mother  and Wife hang.gif 29 married to DH 31 jammin.gif since 03 Zoe Elizabeth Jane 4.75 energy.gif and Jace Aaron Edward 12/12/11 babyboy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page