December is finally here!!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 58 Old 12-01-2011, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay girls december is finally here and today is my due date. This is my second bundle of joy and I am having no symptoms at all. I see that some of you have already been blessed with your bungle and that is so awesome! Well I am very sad that my baby hasn't come yet and I want to have this thread so we can all vent a little and also share exiting new symptoms that might indicate a baby is coming, so feel free to chime in about anything!
Mizelenius likes this.

Student Mother  and Wife hang.gif 29 married to DH 31 jammin.gif since 03 Zoe Elizabeth Jane 4.75 energy.gif and Jace Aaron Edward 12/12/11 babyboy.gif

#2 of 58 Old 12-01-2011, 11:49 AM

HAPPY DECEMBER - DECEMBER DUE DATE CLUB!!!! 

I have no idea when this baby is going to come. My EDD is Dec. 11. I'm dilated to a four and baby is at +1 station. I could go ANYTIME. I could also be walking around for another week like this. Who knows?! I am trying to tie up all my lose ends because I know this baby could come any moment. 

In Love stillheart.gif with my best friend & mama to three beautiful little boys! stork-suprise.gif Expecting #4 Oct. 2014!
#3 of 58 Old 12-01-2011, 02:07 PM

HAPPY DECEMBER!!! joy.gif

It's kinda nice to know I will be having a December baby (due date is the 6th, so November was always a possibility) and I, too, am jealous and excited and antsy and wrapping up loose ends and eager to get this show on the road!! 

I skipped a cervical check at my last appointment, so I have no idea what "official" progress I may or may not have made. But I'm definitely starting to get more cramping - dare I call them contractions? I don't think I do, not til they're at least a little regular - (oh excuse me, "BIRTHING WAVES" ;D ) - and with my last day of classes tomorrow, I am ready to goooooo! =D

LET'S GO DECEMBER DDC!! Time to add to that birth announcements thread!! =D

Just a grad student hopelessly in love with her amazing DH and wee baby Eli (12/06/11).

1394/2012 in 2012

#4 of 58 Old 12-01-2011, 02:18 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I'm due December 11th, too. When I was able to check I hadn't dilated at all, now that the baby's head is further down I can't reach, so I'm assuming that's still the case. I've been losing little bits of plug for a few weeks. If this was my pregnancy with DS, the birth would have been last Sunday and if it was my pregnancy with DD it would be this coming Sunday. I'll probably have a membranes sweep at my next appointment on Tuesday, which I have a feeling I'll get to.

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#5 of 58 Old 12-01-2011, 02:19 PM

I'm due with my second on the 6th, but excited as I am, I'm feeling patient to wait a (little) bit longer.  I have had the slightest ache in my lower back today and when I lay down I feel a teeny bit crampy, like menstrual crampiness, but I have no other symptoms.  DD1 was one week "late", so I guess I'm expecting this one to be, too.                    

I'm trying to really enjoy spending alone time with my DD1 during these last days.  During the weeks pre-Thanksgiving I was feeling very anxious about getting everything on my to-do list done.  She could certainly sense that and we were out of sync for awhile.  This week I've felt much more calm and we're having a great time hanging out and doing special things.  Today we cuddled in bed and watched It's a Wonderful Life which I'm surprised held her interest.  She really enjoyed it.  Tonight we start our first annual "Solstice" calendar (same as an Advent calendar, but ours is not religious and ends on the solstice).  Tonight is a piece of chocolate and her first bubble bath!  I'm pretty excited about all the activities we have planned for her.  I'm thrilled she's finally going to have a sibling, but it's bittersweet that she'll no longer be my one and only.  It makes me want to spoil her!        

Serene, happily married to my DH

Dahlia Bluebelle born 8/09, Pearl Whimsy born 12/11

#6 of 58 Old 12-01-2011, 02:50 PM

I'm not due until the 27th with my first so I could very well go into January.  Still hoping for a December baby.

But I got nothing to report.  A few contractions with mild cramping here and there, but I've had them since like 20 weeks or something crazy.  Baby is still quite high in my pelvis (-3), no cervical action, no mucus or spotting.

I still call them contractions too, aeterna.  We should start a "Making fun of Hypnobabies (while still hoping it works)" thread.

#7 of 58 Old 12-01-2011, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwill View Post

I'm not due until the 27th with my first so I could very well go into January.  Still hoping for a December baby.

But I got nothing to report.  A few contractions with mild cramping here and there, but I've had them since like 20 weeks or something crazy.  Baby is still quite high in my pelvis (-3), no cervical action, no mucus or spotting.

I still call them contractions too, aeterna.  We should start a "Making fun of Hypnobabies (while still hoping it works)" thread.

Same here, due the 28/29th, my friend is due the 14 and is probably going to go early, like she called me today having contractions and was majorly nesting. *sighs* not fair, she was only suppose to have the baby 3 weeks before me, not 4!!!

Melissa-Mama to Allyson carrot.gif 1-22-07 and Katelyn homebirth.jpg 5-14-09 and Paul 1-2-12 my 10 lb 6oz. homebirthed baby boy.

#8 of 58 Old 12-01-2011, 05:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yay for December! I'm so so so so so tired of this being pregnant business. I stifle a crying breakdown every evening when I think of all the things I can't do, how absolutely hard moving this bulky, achy body is, and I'm just so ready for baby to be OUT! 38 weeks now, and no one in my family or DH's has ever had "late" babies.....so, soon, please little one?

Just had DH do a little check for me, since my cervix has been too posterior for me to reach, and I've been so crampy yesterday and today: it's really squishy, directly under baby's head now, about 3/8 inch long, and a 2-3 cm dilated. That could mean anything for a first timer........sigh....

Maker-mama, joyously loving my boy, Winter Rhys, born 12/2011, and our twins, Wren and Forest, born 4/2014.
#9 of 58 Old 12-01-2011, 05:47 PM

I'm due 12-3 with my 2nd baby. I had my midwife check me yesterday and I was 1cm, 60% effaced, and baby was at 0 station. First baby was 11 days late and had to be induced, so I'm hoping this little one comes sooner rather than later.

#10 of 58 Old 12-01-2011, 07:20 PM

I am due much later than most of you (12/25) but I am just not ready!  There are so many things I need to do before this baby comes, and things I CAN'T do ahead of time so I just want the baby to stay put.

I'm a little freaked out that it's December!  I thought I'd get over the shock of being pregnant again by this point, but believe or not-- still shocked.

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#11 of 58 Old 12-02-2011, 12:50 AM

I think i said it here - I have been the WORST hypnobabies student. I basically listen to whatever I feel like, whenever I feel like it - skipping days and even weeks. I've done finger drop practice like 5 times total hehe. OOPS!

I'm 37w2d. 90% done with what I need done before labor starts. DH is stretching me with EPO so he checked cervix last night while he was there - soft, thick and closed, so who knows...

#12 of 58 Old 12-02-2011, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter

I am glad to hear there are other frustrated ladies here. I was due yesterday and I still have no signs of anything. I have a c-section scheduled the 9th because they think he is already 10 lbs or so. I did have to have a c-section on my first one and I am just hoping and praying that I do not have to have one again. I absolutely hated my first csection and if I have another one I know I will be so upset. Every day he is not here I am getting more depressed, I really thought my body could do it by itself this time, but now I am loosing faith. I know many women go late, but it just doesn't happen in our family on either side!! Come on baby Come on!!! Today would be nice.

Not to mention I had two cousins pregnant with me one due November 19th and the other November 21st. The 19th baby came on the 13th and the 21st baby came October 30th!!! Both 100% natural.............which is exactly what I want and they wanted epi's. irked.gif

Student Mother  and Wife hang.gif 29 married to DH 31 jammin.gif since 03 Zoe Elizabeth Jane 4.75 energy.gif and Jace Aaron Edward 12/12/11 babyboy.gif

#13 of 58 Old 12-02-2011, 10:44 AM

december!  while i’m totally freaked-out and unprepared (oh, i had big plans and long lists!), physically i’m feeling done.  my fluid level is pretty high (afi 28/29) and the baby is likely about 10 lbs, so i’m stretched and achy.  my c-section is scheduled for tuesday 12.6 at 11:30a, so only a few more days of being pregnant for me.  until then, maybe i can tackle some of these last minute to-dos… uh, probably not!

mama to four
eliza jane 7.07 :: henry cale 8.07 :: naomi penn 7.09 :: simon otto 12.11

#14 of 58 Old 12-03-2011, 01:45 PM

you guys can do it! it's almost time!!! a tip....while I was in labor, I played card games on a pilates ball right up until the second it was time to start pushing. I highly recommend that. sounds insane but it really sped things up and took my mind off it.

#15 of 58 Old 12-04-2011, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwill View Post

ROTFLMAO.gif!!!

I got so much done yesterday...

• ran around and did the last of the shopping for my xmas gifts
  • called Target to politely complain (again) that I (still) do not have my registry completion coupon and since I am due in 2 days I would really kind of like to get that shopping done y'know, and finally got someone who was willing to fix things for me so I could just go into the store and buy what I needed and they'd take care of the discount. $375 in baby supplies later (way more than we expected to spend, but they were having buy-3-get-$10-back on diapers AND wipes so we stocked up on both), we are done buying!
  • unpacked/assembled all the new baby stuff (washed the booby bottles, packed diaper bag, etc)
  • assembled some more pieces of xmas gifts (I'm doing a couple of food supply baskets for newly-moved-out siblings)
  • sorted the 6 boxes of hand-me-down clothes still piled under my kitchen table into easy-to-get-into totes sorted by size
  • cleaned my kitchen and broke down the STACK of empty boxes taking over my dining room so they can go out with the trash this week

Today we have a 2nd Thanksgiving with the other side of DH's family, and other than that I am going to try to make labels for my xmas gifts and make a chai set for my Auntie. That will finish the gifts that have to be mailed and then I can wrap them and mail them off tomorrow. =)

What's on everybody else's list?

(I'm trying to stay busy so I don't think about how much I want this lil stinker to show up! I'm just afraid I'll run out of my "to do" list and then be twiddling my thumbs waiting for him!! lol.gif)

Just a grad student hopelessly in love with her amazing DH and wee baby Eli (12/06/11).

1394/2012 in 2012

#16 of 58 Old 12-04-2011, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissarana View Post

december!  while i’m totally freaked-out and unprepared (oh, i had big plans and long lists!), physically i’m feeling done.  my fluid level is pretty high (afi 28/29) and the baby is likely about 10 lbs, so i’m stretched and achy.  my c-section is scheduled for tuesday 12.6 at 11:30a, so only a few more days of being pregnant for me.  until then, maybe i can tackle some of these last minute to-dos… uh, probably not!

WOW!  I say, RELAX.  Your list will still be there . . .time for you to get rest!

#17 of 58 Old 12-04-2011, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeterna View Post

ROTFLMAO.gif!!!

I got so much done yesterday...

• ran around and did the last of the shopping for my xmas gifts
  • called Target to politely complain (again) that I (still) do not have my registry completion coupon and since I am due in 2 days I would really kind of like to get that shopping done y'know, and finally got someone who was willing to fix things for me so I could just go into the store and buy what I needed and they'd take care of the discount. $375 in baby supplies later (way more than we expected to spend, but they were having buy-3-get-$10-back on diapers AND wipes so we stocked up on both), we are done buying!
  • unpacked/assembled all the new baby stuff (washed the booby bottles, packed diaper bag, etc)
  • assembled some more pieces of xmas gifts (I'm doing a couple of food supply baskets for newly-moved-out siblings)
  • sorted the 6 boxes of hand-me-down clothes still piled under my kitchen table into easy-to-get-into totes sorted by size
  • cleaned my kitchen and broke down the STACK of empty boxes taking over my dining room so they can go out with the trash this week

Today we have a 2nd Thanksgiving with the other side of DH's family, and other than that I am going to try to make labels for my xmas gifts and make a chai set for my Auntie. That will finish the gifts that have to be mailed and then I can wrap them and mail them off tomorrow. =)

(I'm trying to stay busy so I don't think about how much I want this lil stinker to show up! I'm just afraid I'll run out of my "to do" list and then be twiddling my thumbs waiting for him!! lol.gif)

You got a lot done!!!

My list . .

• finish shopping for Christmas (almost done but it's not been fun) and wrapping presents
  • finish my grading ASAP . . .only 2 more weeks for these classes; very, very relieved
  • finish a new task assigned to me by boss (can't believe it-- one more thing to do . . .thought I would be cutting down on my list instead of adding to it)
  • figure out car seat situation
  • pack for hospital
  • general cleaning in our room (rest of the house is OK . . .today, anyway)
  • sort through cloth diapers and order some new prefolds

#18 of 58 Old 12-04-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeterna View Post

Wow! You did get a lot done! Here is mine:

• Wash the swing and swing seat cover (hand me down), after I take it out of the trunk of the car lol.gif
  • Get the infant carseat in the car.
  • Pick up the few last things for Christmas presents (just a few stocking stuffers and something for the baby)
  • Wrap presents
  • Grocery shopping (stock up on easy to eat food)
  • Finish my research paper (due the end of this week!)
  • Take my finals (Next week!)
  • Clean, clean, clean!
  • Buy extra sheets and mattress protector for my bed
  • Set up pack 'n play

I am *kind of* packed for the hospital, but there are things I will have to grab at the last minute: ipod, robe, slippers, toothbrush, hairbrush.. those I use every day and I can't pack them away. 

In Love stillheart.gif with my best friend & mama to three beautiful little boys! stork-suprise.gif Expecting #4 Oct. 2014!
#19 of 58 Old 12-04-2011, 11:56 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

This is me! I'm losing my mind. Ok, there are actually a few things that I could do, like finish DH's Christmas gift, spin some yarn, clean out and scrub the kitchen drawers....but I really don't want to. My mind is pouting. Today, at least, we are going to make a second belly cast for my piece for the art show, and that'll be something!

Maker-mama, joyously loving my boy, Winter Rhys, born 12/2011, and our twins, Wren and Forest, born 4/2014.
#20 of 58 Old 12-04-2011, 12:14 PM

I'm about to wash my kitchen floor so maybe my water will break all over it whistling.gif

#21 of 58 Old 12-04-2011, 12:27 PM

Eesh!  A to-do list.  I guess it's time to make one, eh?

The 1st two are the biggest deal

• Put car-seat in
  • Pack hospital bag
  • Make something yummy for L&D nurses
  • Buy sposies/health care items, nipple pads, a robe maybe?
  • Take some stuff to thrift store/back to store
  • Get shelves done in closet
  • Put boxes of stuff we no longer have room for in the attic
  • Christmas shopping!  I don't have a single present.  I have no ideas for anyone.  Luckily, I live very far away from everyone so amazon is my usual go-to shopping stop.  I was hoping to be crafty, but I think all the baby-having between my friends and I has left me crafted-out.
  • Crazy-lady cleaning - like the carpets and walls and ceilings.  The house is clean otherwise.
  • One last sort through clothes and diapers.  I know we're ok, I just want to count everything again, lol.  Oh, and one of the cats decided to go digging through some of my sorted clothes so they have become unsorted.

That's not too bad, actually!

#22 of 58 Old 12-04-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummoth View Post

I'm about to wash my kitchen floor so maybe my water will break all over it whistling.gif

ROFL! Here's hoping! ;)

1394/2012 in 2012

#23 of 58 Old 12-04-2011, 07:56 PM

No such luck. Mom came over and yelled "Anderson or Stephanie, you get out of there!!" at my belly and that didn't work, either. Tomorrow I will be more pregnant than I've ever been before.

#24 of 58 Old 12-04-2011, 08:26 PM

Mummoth, you are my EDD buddy, we're in this together!!! I'm trying not to get discouraged that every time I think I start to get regular contractions, or that my undies are wet that my water could be leaking... it goes away. 

I've always gone to 41 weeks, however. 

3rd babies like to be the weird ones, right? 

#25 of 58 Old 12-05-2011, 06:37 AM

I'm due with #3 on the 12th, so I'm 39 weeks today! The first two were twins though and come at 38 weeks, so i have no idea when to anticipate this labor starting. I'm in the not quite ready boat, actually- not logistically really, but just kind of emotionally (i'm pretty sure my DH just finally wrapped his head around us having another baby in the las month!) so if i go another week or two i think i'll be ok with that.
But i'm definitely sick of cleaning/nesting every day, only to have it undone by life and my shedding dog and 6 years olds 3 hours later!

As for projects-
- i have a mobile to assemble! At my blessingway, everyone brought a little something to hang from the mobile, and my BF brought a gorgeous blueberry brach to hang it all from.
-I have nothing yet for my DHs stocking (we only do stocking gifts for eachother). Most of the kids christmas prep is done.
-wrap gifts.
- cook to fill up our new chest freezer!
-wash diapers. I have a full set of mother-ease one size with covers that i used with my boys, but they really aren't good till about 8 lbs. I think i'm going to start out using sposies during the newborn days...
-finish reading birthing from within, maybe. I have read SO. MUCH. LESS. during this pregnancy. I'm hoping it's all just gonna come back to me!

Married to my love, mama to twin boys J&O (6), and expecting # 3 this December!
#26 of 58 Old 12-05-2011, 06:44 AM

My to do list is still pretty big, but really, the house is fine if I went into labor now. Just need to do some grocery shopping and finish christmas shopping. The baby's room just needs painted and that will take one day. Now, if I just had someone to come over and mop my floor. It's raining today, so I won't even think about it.

Melissa-Mama to Allyson carrot.gif 1-22-07 and Katelyn homebirth.jpg 5-14-09 and Paul 1-2-12 my 10 lb 6oz. homebirthed baby boy.

#27 of 58 Old 12-05-2011, 09:21 AM

The chicken stew that I was planning on making while I'm in labour, I made while I thought I might be going into labour,s o we only need to reheat it while I'm in actual labour. My water refused to break on the clean floor, and DH went and got the missing piece of hardware to hang the drapes, so he's probably going to get that done before the baby comes, too.

I WAS in a really good, patient frame of mind until DH's boss started trying to push the issue of him going to Bowen on the 12th... I got in the mindset that the baby NEEDS to come early at that point... then they trained someone else because he has to be available HERE for his new job,so he's not going... but I can't get my patience back. Now DH is saying "I don't think we should mess with it, the baby will come when it's ready." about the stretch & sweep tomorrow and it makes me want to snap at him. If I hear that babies like to 'sleep in' in his family one more time I'm going to scream.

#28 of 58 Old 12-05-2011, 09:43 AM

Heh. I feel ya. I am impatient but not in the "I'm uncomfortable, GET OUT" sort of way... more in the "C'mon baby, I want as much time with you as possible, come see me!!" kind of way. Just excited, and ready, and have enough done that I wouldn't stress anything left to do.

It helps that I got enough sleep last night. The nights where I don't sleep well, I'm far less zen about the process!

1394/2012 in 2012

#29 of 58 Old 12-05-2011, 10:14 AM

Ds really didn't want to go to school today, so i told him maybe he'd be coming home early if I go into labour today, and let him give the belly a good shove down, LOL! Got him out the door. It's doing a headstand ON my pubic bone, things have got to be starting soon.

#30 of 58 Old 12-05-2011, 11:20 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Oh December, I thought you would never arrive.

I am so overwhelmingly pregnant these days!   My belly is ginormous.   People back away from me when they see me coming.  All I can think about is giving birth ---like right now!   I can't think, I can't read, I am so completely obsessed with getting this lovely baby out of me.  

Rather than sitting around going crazy, I decided to paint my kitchen.  The guy at the paint store just eye-balled my belly and warily gave me the gallon of paint.  I took down some old shelves this morning and am going to to patch the holes now.  Sanding and then I'll start painting tomorrow.  

Either this will start labor or I will simply have a newly painted kitchen.  And if I am still pregnant when this is done, I am going to paint the bathroom.  

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page