New and in need of reassurance, please. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 12-02-2011, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
First off hello,
I am new to this site and I am currently 36 weeks with #3.

I am just going to jump into this, I hope that's ok.
As I said I'm 36 weeks and baby dropped two weeks ago. I have had all but one prelabor symptom. I have been having backache, cramping and a pinching feeling in my cervix, BH's that have increased but no real contractions, lost my mucus plug and had "bloody show" a week ago, also a bit of bloody mucus tonight. I have so much rectal and vagina pressure and I have checked my cervix, I am no Dr. but I feel like I am thinning and at least three cm dilated. Then tonight I went a bit crazy. I felt really out of it, restless, anxious and nesty. Then I broke down to DH, crying because I didn't go through this with my first two and I don't know how much longer this prelabor will last, nor how much more I can take. I know it is progress, it's part of the journey but not having gone through it before I fell as though I should be starting labor any second but I still have four weeks left.

I posted this on another site and got told that I am not in labor and that bloody show is more like a period. Well I know I am not in labor, I guess I just wanted another soon to be mommy to say it's all for a reason. That this is all to get my Son here. I feel like labor may start soon but I have also felt that way for a week, so....

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 12-02-2011, 09:35 PM

labour will come your way mama!  join us in the social group if you would like : )

heartbeat.gifMomma to baby boy Ember.babyf.gifborn at home 12/22/11.  Madly loving his daddy Thimble guitar.gif since 6/26/09. 

#3 of 14 Old 12-02-2011, 10:02 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you, I would like to.
#4 of 14 Old 12-02-2011, 10:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I've been feeling the same way. I know how you're feeling! I'm almost 39 weeks, and have felt like it could be any moment for the last 3 weeks! It's frustrating, but I know how you feel! 

In Love stillheart.gif with my best friend & mama to three beautiful little boys! stork-suprise.gif Expecting #4 Oct. 2014!
#5 of 14 Old 12-03-2011, 05:36 AM

I felt this way, too, I was so hoping that my baby would just decide to come on her own.

Do you do anything to relax yourself a little bit? I got backrubs in the evenings, and that helped me to calm down a bit. Sex helped, too, like, really careful, if you feel like it!

Hang in there mama, your baby will be there soon! And it´s soooo beautiful.  

Trin with DH , DD(7)  and DS(5) ,  DD(2) ,
I am not regularly online at the moment due to the above ...
#6 of 14 Old 12-03-2011, 09:26 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandEsmom View Post
I posted this on another site and got told that I am not in labor and that bloody show is more like a period.

I've heard "it's like someone blew a slightly bloody, snotty nose in your underwear." lol.gif

It's not for nothing! It's all working to get baby positioned and prepared. You'll meet him soon! hug2.gif

Just a homegrown heretic hopelessly in love with her amazing DH, 2.5 year old Eli, and now expecting a new arrival April 2015.
#7 of 14 Old 12-03-2011, 10:47 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

aeterna~ yep! That's all I ever saw.

I'm pregnant with #3, to and an having a lot of 'false' labour. I'm lucky my midwife keeps telling me that third babies like to be different, or I'd feel like I'm going crazy! You;d think we should have this figured out by now, right? But with my first two, by the time 'something' was happening, it was LABOUR! Real labour, like, I'll have a BABY in less than a day L-A-B-O-U-R. I've cleaned the kitchen and finished up the laundry and changed the bed sheets so many times because "Now THIS has GOT to be it!" I don't have any words of advice, I'm not exactly handling it the best either! All I'm doing is trying to convince myself it's NEVER coming out so maybe I won't freak out again until it's the real thing.

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#8 of 14 Old 12-04-2011, 08:22 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I'm 40 weeks today with #3...can TOTALLY relate to you ladies.  If I clean this house one more time I'm going to go crazy!!!  :)  

DS1 2/08, DD 1/10, DS2 12/11...#4 due October 2014
Home schooling, home birthing, breastfeeding, bed sharing family!

#9 of 14 Old 12-04-2011, 03:12 PM

grouphug.gif  Sending positive energy your way >>> goodvibes.gif  (I'm 37 weeks 5 days with #4 -- my guess is, if you're like me, you'll take ANY energy right about now!)

I tend to go at least 41 weeks, and I during my last two pregnancies I walked around partially dilated for weeks and with more and more signs of early labor.

It IS early labor -- Prodromal labor!  Your body is making progress toward the birth of your baby, absolutely!  thumb.gif  After going through weeks of prodromal labor, my last two births lasted 4.5 - 5 hours TOTAL.  That's progress!  

Check out this blog post by The Birth Teacher on Prodromal Labor:

Quote:
Prodromal labor isn't all in vain. These annoying contractions condition the uterus, and prepare the cervix for dilation and effacement. In fact, sometimes the cervix may even dilate and efface as a result. It’s all about your body preparing for the big day. 

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
#10 of 14 Old 12-04-2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeterna View Post

I've heard "it's like someone blew a slightly bloody, snotty nose in your underwear." lol.gif

YUP! This is exactly what it's like! It gets a little more bloody sometimes than just bloody snot, but you will notice it for sure! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummoth View Post

aeterna~ yep! That's all I ever saw.

I'm pregnant with #3, to and an having a lot of 'false' labour. I'm lucky my midwife keeps telling me that third babies like to be different, or I'd feel like I'm going crazy! You;d think we should have this figured out by now, right? But with my first two, by the time 'something' was happening, it was LABOUR! Real labour, like, I'll have a BABY in less than a day L-A-B-O-U-R. I've cleaned the kitchen and finished up the laundry and changed the bed sheets so many times because "Now THIS has GOT to be it!" I don't have any words of advice, I'm not exactly handling it the best either! All I'm doing is trying to convince myself it's NEVER coming out so maybe I won't freak out again until it's the real thing.

I've always heard baby number 3 likes to be different too. I'm also on my #3, and have been having contractions for weeks now and walking around dilated to a 4+ .. that NEVER happened with my other 2. I was always dilated to a 1-2 until right up until I went unto labor. 

In Love stillheart.gif with my best friend & mama to three beautiful little boys! stork-suprise.gif Expecting #4 Oct. 2014!
#11 of 14 Old 12-04-2011, 06:07 PM

With my first 2, they had dropped by 34 weeks. #3 is just starting to drop and I'm beginning to feel mild early labor signs. Each is different yet, we are "supposed to know what to do", which doesn't help with the staying calm. The main thing I'm doing is trying to stay as busy as I have energy for (and not just nesting). With #2 I was on "baby watch" for weeks and didn't schedule a lot of social plans. This time, we are spending as much time with friends as we can. They will understand if I have to cancel and it is a good distraction.

DS#1 1/05, DS#2 4/07, DD 12/11  homebirth.jpgcd.gif

#12 of 14 Old 12-05-2011, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandEsmom View Post

got told that I am not in labor and that bloody show is more like a period.

That is absolutely not true.  It varies greatly, but 3/4ths of my labors had only a small amount of blood.

Last time I felt a sense of real pressure to have the baby because of my mom's plans (dumb, huh?).  It made me analyze every cramp, every feeling, every sign.  It was bad, AND the baby was born later than any of my others.  This time I am relaxing and hoping that the baby stays in as long as possible.  I am still having a lot of days where I am very crampy and uncomfortable, no sleep, etc.  but since I don't want the baby out now, mentally I can deal with it much better.  I am also feeling sad for my toddler, since she still seems like such a baby (a baby who walks and talks) and her days of so much cuddling whenever she needs it will be coming to an end soon . . .so I want to stretch out these last days.

I don't know if that helps-- just the idea of releasing control helped me deal with the physical aspect.

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#13 of 14 Old 12-05-2011, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reillys_mom View Post

Each is different yet, we are "supposed to know what to do", which doesn't help with the staying calm.

I know what you mean, but I really think you will know what to do.  Each time I was in labor, the beginning was different but by the time it was necessary for me to go to the hospital, I always knew.   If you are having a HB, then it's even easier! 

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#14 of 14 Old 12-05-2011, 05:53 PM

It's all doing something!! I started checking my cervix around 36 weeks and have noticed major changes since then (been having tons of contractions etc.) I'm 38.5 weeks now. I haven't had any blood yet, but, I did with DS2 and it was just a HUGE ball of "snot" tinged pink/brown...that was it until a few hours before he was born when it started to come out more like a period. It sounds to me like your body is working really hard to get ready for baby to come! I have been telling myself that all the contractions that I'm having are going to make my labor easier and shorter (this is the most I've ever had for suc ha long time before birth)...and hey, we won't be pregnant forever!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page