Hoping for Early One - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-05-2011, 09:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

B"H

I always hear about how the mother should trust her instincts and mine says that this baby is coming early. However, I seem to have lost the nesting instinct (my house has never been messier, there are no clean clothes and there are no dishes to make or serve food in) and I haven't packed a single thing into the hospital bag yet. Should I stop hoping and just resign myself to nights that follow the hour on/ hour off pattern until 40+ weeks? The thought literally makes me cry.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 12-07-2011, 12:01 PM

I think you should just take things slow and let happen what happens. Yes it took me until just last week when I hit 40 weeks to understand this and relax but it really helps. I was constantly stressing out and thinking baby will be here anytime because this is my second one and everyone, i mean literally everyone, told me that the second baby always comes earlier and faster. It was only hear that i heard the truth and hopefully this will help you to. I am now 41 weeks and still no baby, I wish I would have taken the advice everyone gave me 6 weeks ago to just do what I want to do to help me relax and quit thinking when will baby come and just let baby come. I know it is hard and if you need to cry about having no control then do it.....................I have read really good cries are good for relieving stress and can sometimes even bring on contractions!!

Student Mother  and Wife hang.gif 29 married to DH 31 jammin.gif since 03 Zoe Elizabeth Jane 4.75 energy.gif and Jace Aaron Edward 12/12/11 babyboy.gif

#3 of 3 Old 12-07-2011, 08:56 PM

I'm totally with you, OP! I've also had a feeling all through the pregnancy that this baby would come early. It still might since my EDD isn't till next week, but my nesting instinct has disappeared, I've completely sworn off housework, my dishes are a disaster, and I still have tons of stuff I need to get done before baby comes. 

On the "bright" side, my DD is acting even crazier than usual, which probably means she senses an imminent arrival. Also, the full moon is Friday. And I'm having contractions like crazy. Which could mean lots or nothing. Mostly it means I will have no way of recognizing when labor actually starts because I'll be so used to these contractions that feel exactly like early labor and go on steadily growing for hours. I swear I'm not gonna know I'm in labor till I start pushing! I was kinda freaking out about that, but I've decided that if that happens and I'm by myself with DD, I'll just put a movie on for her and go have an unassisted birth in the bathroom. Whatever. 

Mama to DD, my 2/24/08 BIG KID formerly known as sling baby, and DS, my 12/23/11 train-loving, wall-climbing toddler! 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page