Anybody missing being pregnant already? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 12-11-2011, 12:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi, 

I am probably totally mad, esp. after this looong and exhausting pregnacy, but I am already missing being pregnant eyesroll.gif

And I am grieving a bit, since my DH does not want anymore children, he does not want me being pregnant again. And I look at my baby and think: This cannot be my last one, I am not DONE yet...

Anybody else?

Trin with DH , DD(7)  and DS(5) ,  DD(2) ,
I am not regularly online at the moment due to the above ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 17 Old 12-11-2011, 08:16 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I feel similarly.  Except I am pretty sure that 3 is enough for me.  I am disappointed I never got the birth I wanted (dd1 was induced and the twins were a c-section).  I was also really happy being pregnant with dd1 but the last month and 1/2 with this pregnancy was awful and I was so miserable that I can't really say I'll miss that part - plus there is the risk of cholestasis again.  Every once in while I catch myself thinking about who I would use for a vbac if I got pregnant again...  but really - I only ever planned on having 2 kids so I'm already over my quota.

mama to dust.gifdd 8/09 and slingtwin.gif dd + ds 11/11

#3 of 17 Old 12-11-2011, 09:17 AM

I was just telling DH that I missed being pregnant. I've always loved my body during pregnancy and I tend to feel a little more self-conscious when I'm not, especially since I'm still in the process of going back to my normal non-pregnant body. I also kind of miss the anticipation, being able to look forward to something. He's here, and I love him and he's wonderful, but I kind of miss waiting and wondering what he's going to look like and who he'll look like. I was so ready to be done by the time Oscar was born, but I do miss being pregnant. DH has said he's not sure if he wants another one but I feel the same way you do Triniity, I don't feel done yet. I just tell DH that we have plenty of time to think about it and decide whether or not we want to have another child. We waited until DD was close to turning 3 before we started TTC #2 and I'm sure we'll go for a similar timeline if we decide we want a third. Until then, I'm just going to try to enjoy my family and watch my children grow up.

Wife to DH stillheart.gif 08/09 and SAHM to DD 09/08 and DS 11/11

Surprise! Expecting #3 Nov. 2013!
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36 yikes2.gif **40

#4 of 17 Old 12-11-2011, 10:02 AM

A thousand times, no. I had a really hard pregnancy and don't care to repeat it (or risk repeating it). My husband has the month of December off work and is thinking of scheduling a vasectomy. 

in love with and married to my best friend ♥ snuggling my baby girl Ari Grace, 12-4-11

#5 of 17 Old 12-11-2011, 07:00 PM

i can totally relate to this.  after each of my previous pregnancies, i had an intense “i need a baby in my belly ASAP!” feeling almost immediately after giving birth.  a strongly hormonal reaction, for me, i realized – but, each time I ended up getting pregnant once i started menstruating at 15 or 16 months postpartum.  but, i always knew 4 was the right number of kids for me, so this time my c-section included a tubal.  i was certain it was the right choice (my pregnancies are high-risk, and i’ve been very lucky to have made it this far), BUT was terrified i would feel remorseful about afterwards.

so far, i’m feeling okay, no regrets or second thoughts. and, i’m very much enjoying this time and trying to savor every moment knowing simon is my last bitty baby.  okay, well, that made me a bit sad to write… but, really i am okay.

mama to four
eliza jane 7.07 :: henry cale 8.07 :: naomi penn 7.09 :: simon otto 12.11

#6 of 17 Old 12-12-2011, 06:14 AM

I felt that way after my first 3 pregnancies.  To be clear, I never missed the unpleasant pregnancy symptoms, just watching my belly grow and feeling the baby move ... It's a special time, anticipating a new life.luxlove.gif 

I'm not sure how I'll feel after this one.  We know #4 is our last, so that could either help me let go of being pregnant or make me wistful for that feeling again.  lol.gif  I will enjoy my last prolonged stretch without having my cycle while we're breastfeeding on demand.  Almost a year and a half period-free is a pretty awesome gift for having handled 40+ weeks of pregnancy symptoms.  At least I won't have to worry about ovulating for a long time so the missing-pregnancy feelings will have time to pass before I'm fertile again. 

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
#7 of 17 Old 12-12-2011, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveryLamb View Post

A thousand times, no. I had a really hard pregnancy and don't care to repeat it (or risk repeating it). My husband has the month of December off work and is thinking of scheduling a vasectomy. 

Aww, that's too bad! You and your DH have to do what is best for your family, but it's possible you'll decide you want another down the road. And I know Ari will want a sibling someday. smile.gif I'm certainly not trying to tell you what to do, but you really might want to give it a little time. A vas is pretty permanent.

#8 of 17 Old 12-12-2011, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

Do you think this is "just" a hormonal response and it will go away? 

@Averylamb, so sorry for your hard time, congrats to your little one :) Maybe you really need a bit more time, when I was in labour I told my DH that he has to stop me if I want ever to be pregnant again, but I totally lost that feeling after DD2 was there. 

I think it is a bit unfair that I look at her and think about nr. 4. I feel the same, Melissarana, four is the right number for me. But it´s three (okay, to be honest, it was two :) ) for DH. He is talking about a vasectomy as well, but I totally don´t believe that he´d ever get one. (he is a man, after all :) ) 

I hope this feeling goes away... 

Trin with DH , DD(7)  and DS(5) ,  DD(2) ,
I am not regularly online at the moment due to the above ...
#9 of 17 Old 12-12-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveryLamb View Post

I feel the same.  Dh has his vasectomy this Friday!!  biggrinbounce.gif

Mom to my little super hero superhero.gif (02/06) and our super hero-in-training femalesling.GIF (11/11).

#10 of 17 Old 12-13-2011, 09:27 AM

Disclaimer: still very pregnant and desperately wanting not to be so. (So read my response with grace, please)

You mamas are crazy. Remember how you looked like an over-blown beach ball? How you couldn't walk or turn over or sleep or eat or breathe without pain? How much you had to work just to poo? How stiff and painful and swollen your feet were? How much you missed being not-barn-sized so DH would glance your way sometimes?

Doubtless, I'll do this again someday".......but not for a loooooooooooong time. How does anyone have more than one?

Maker-mama, joyously loving my boy, Winter Rhys, born 12/2011, and our twins, Wren and Forest, born 4/2014.
#11 of 17 Old 12-13-2011, 10:22 AM

Azadehhast- my DH actually LOVES how I look pregnant, and now that my milk has come in, he doesn't really mind my PP body that much either. As for everything else, you'll be surprised at how easily you forget all the bad stuff about being pregnant. Once your little one is here, it's pretty likely that you'll be ready to do it all over again!

Wife to DH stillheart.gif 08/09 and SAHM to DD 09/08 and DS 11/11

Surprise! Expecting #3 Nov. 2013!
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36 yikes2.gif **40

#12 of 17 Old 12-13-2011, 11:47 AM

I'm totally with you (tho I already had mine). I DO remember the pain and hoe I could barely  walk for four (non-consecutive) months for the pain. How I collapsed onto the bed because my legs refused to hold me up because of the pain...the countless tears of pain and frustration. maybe it was because I didn't really want to be pregnant in the first place (I wouldn't trade her for anything now, especially after what I went thru to get her here!) that I remember, i dunno.  I know each pregnancy is different, but I don't want to risk it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azadehhast View Post

Disclaimer: still very pregnant and desperately wanting not to be so. (So read my response with grace, please)

You mamas are crazy. Remember how you looked like an over-blown beach ball? How you couldn't walk or turn over or sleep or eat or breathe without pain? How much you had to work just to poo? How stiff and painful and swollen your feet were? How much you missed being not-barn-sized so DH would glance your way sometimes?

Doubtless, I'll do this again someday".......but not for a loooooooooooong time. How does anyone have more than one?

in love with and married to my best friend ♥ snuggling my baby girl Ari Grace, 12-4-11

#13 of 17 Old 12-13-2011, 01:47 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Quote:

Oh my, this has me rolling with laughter.  I am in the throes of the mother-have-mercy-on-me stage of pregnancy and while I am feeling lots of love for this coming baby, I do not love what pregnancy does to my body.  All I can say is, I did tend to forget the pregnancy and all the aches and pains.  This is my 4th go-around so I must have forgotten many months of my life to be here once again.   As much as I treasure my children, this will certainly be my last trip down the maternity path.  I simply cannot do this to myself again.  

But seriously, my hips!  My feet! My poor achey pelvis!  

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#14 of 17 Old 12-13-2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:

It's funny, because I could do the pregnancy again, even with it's difficulties (SPD, hip pain, and pretty bad leg swelling here), but what has me gun shy on a second (don't get me wrong, we WILL have one, but I'm not as eager about them being close together anymore), is the idea of having to go through this newborn stage with another little one to take care of. I honestly don't know how I'll manage it. But the pregnancy itself... I could do it again. It sucked at parts, and the end was downright hard-- I did nothing but eat, sleep and watch tv... but it was doable. And I do miss the belly. I miss feeling her rub her feet against each other. I miss the hiccups. I miss being able to rub my hand over her all curled up in there. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#15 of 17 Old 12-14-2011, 01:58 PM

I'll just stick around to keep the rose-colored glasses from being too rosy! orngbiggrin.gif

I think most mamas must forget pretty quickly the total misery of pregnancy-- I've been feeling angry lately at all the women in my life who've always said how lovely pregnancy is and never once warned me about how totally shitty it is! I guess you just forget. It's got to be biological, otherwise every woman would only have one baby!

Maker-mama, joyously loving my boy, Winter Rhys, born 12/2011, and our twins, Wren and Forest, born 4/2014.
#16 of 17 Old 12-14-2011, 02:23 PM

Lol!! I had no idea about a lot of the aches and pains of pregnancies either...and my mom had 12 kids (I'm the oldest). Only her last two pregnancies were difficult...and only then because of high blood pressure.

Quote:

I'll just stick around to keep the rose-colored glasses from being too rosy! orngbiggrin.gif

I think most mamas must forget pretty quickly the total misery of pregnancy-- I've been feeling angry lately at all the women in my life who've always said how lovely pregnancy is and never once warned me about how totally shitty it is! I guess you just forget. It's got to be biological, otherwise every woman would only have one baby!

#17 of 17 Old 12-16-2011, 09:31 AM

I totally agree with Azadehhast! I had to check out his post, because I can't believe women are crazy enough to sing the praises of being pregnant. With all the symptoms women put up with, all the complaining, and tolerating, how are women going to betray themselves by remembering being pregnant as a rosy, glossy, glowing experience. I told my husband last night, if I say I missed being pregnant or enjoyed it I'm lying through my teeth and don't even know it. Let's keep it real, pregnancy sucks. The love I have for this complete stranger inside me is shocking and overwhelming, but I'm woman enough to admit pregnancy sucks. I doubt I'll miss it, and I owe it to my fellow women to tell them the truth.

trekkie.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page