The still pregnant club - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 12-28-2011, 08:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anybody else still hanging in there, still suffering from heartburn, still not sleeping, still waddling around?

My EDD is Dec. 30. Anyone else due this week?

Those of you who are past due - how's it going? Any action yet?

Sending baby dust to all!

dust.gif

27 y/o treehugger.gif  & DH geek.gif married 7/3/10. Living in Maryland with 3 cat.gifand 2 dog2.gifand one luxlove.gif on the way!

Our Easter BFP pos.gif will bring us a New Years Baby due 12/30

#2 of 8 Old 12-28-2011, 02:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

41 weeks today!
The usual prodromal labour, that intensifies the further along I am.  My contractions have been very strong and achey and last up to 3 minutes sometimes, and that has been going on for a few weeks now.   Sometimes they pick up and are less than 5 minutes apart for hours and then just space out again.   It is definitely doing work, though!  This has happened for me in the past, and I have wound up with short, smooth labours.  It's kind of nice to be able to get that work out of the way ahead of time. 

And my complaints:  I'm SICK of the aching pelvis and hips, and the carpal tunnel symptoms in my arms, wrists, and hands.  I will be very happy when baby is ready ...

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
#3 of 8 Old 12-28-2011, 02:46 PM

40+1 today, and no signs that he's on his way. Had some strong and painful BH over the holidays, but all's pretty quiet today. I'm still enjoying feeling him move and these last few days of pregnancy, last few days of just me and DH and snuggly cat, but have noticed that the impatience to meet our baby boy is getting stronger by the day. And also, I've had it with the tingling in my fingers and outright pain in my toes. And the acheness in my pelvis, especially when I stand up or lay down or roll over or.... yeah, pretty much all the time now.

I'm Heather, newly married (12/5/10) to James! partners.gif
We are currently "mama" and "papa" to Maisy cat.gif and soon... parents to BABY NEW YEAR 2012!! babyf.gifWe're happily planning a h20homebirth.gif and intend to femalesling.GIFbfinfant.gifdiaper.gif

#4 of 8 Old 12-29-2011, 07:50 PM

Wow. Are we really the only three left? How are you all doing?

I'm Heather, newly married (12/5/10) to James! partners.gif
We are currently "mama" and "papa" to Maisy cat.gif and soon... parents to BABY NEW YEAR 2012!! babyf.gifWe're happily planning a h20homebirth.gif and intend to femalesling.GIFbfinfant.gifdiaper.gif

#5 of 8 Old 12-30-2011, 07:35 AM - Thread Starter

Aw, man. I have been having BH and cramps for several weeks too but no real action yet. Today is the due date and I have a funny feeling it will pass by uneventfully. I guess I should start preparing myself to go over. BennyPai you are an inspiration! Even though you're complaining you still sound cool, calm, and collected. I hope I can maintain such an even keel! I'll probably end up being the last one standing...

27 y/o treehugger.gif  & DH geek.gif married 7/3/10. Living in Maryland with 3 cat.gifand 2 dog2.gifand one luxlove.gif on the way!

#6 of 8 Old 12-30-2011, 07:40 AM - Thread Starter

Ah! BennyPai I see you've left us :-) Congrats!!! Hope to join you soon on "the other side"

#7 of 8 Old 12-31-2011, 07:14 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

41 Weeks  1 day was the magic number for our fourth.  :)  I was just getting ready to give up and go to sleep another night.  It was past 11PM of my 41 Week milestone, and my contractions weren't regular.  DP and I relaxed together in the living room and started browsing baby names on the laptop and my water broke in a big gush.  

My labour was very different.  I always say that no two pregnancies are alike, but this one caught me completely by surprise in the end.  I was downright giddy.  biggrinbounce.gif  (Not a bad attitude to enter labour with, BTW)  A funny fact, though:  3 out of my 4 pregnancies have ended at 41 weeks 1 day.  I should've at least expected that, eh.

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
#8 of 8 Old 01-05-2012, 10:57 AM

Congratulation BennyPai! Lady Scientist, I'm still here at 41 weeks 4 days. Due date was supposed to be 12/24, 12/26, 12/27. Pick a date. It changed depending on who you asked, and what the sonogram read. If I don't give birth naturally, spontaneously in the next three days, I'll be induced on Monday, January 9, 2012. At least it will be over, but I was hoping to work in concert- unassisted- with my little one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page