Baby Teddy is here - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-31-2011, 09:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
He actually arrived a month early, on 11/26, a medically necessary induction. I kind of stopped participating in the DDC here midway thru the pregnancy, I just couldn't deal with it emotionally any more as every week seemed to bring us some new piece of bad news regarding the pregnancy and the baby - I didn't want to bring everyone down, but I couldn't pretend things were fine, either.

Our baby has kidney failure. We've just returned home from 3 weeks in the NICU at the University hospital 2 hours away from home and the rest of the family (husband, older kids). We'll go back in a few weeks for another 3-4 week stay as he starts dialysis, and he'll undergo a kidney transplant as soon as he's big enough (22 lbs). The statistics on kidney transplants are pretty good; dialysis on newborns, not so much... but we're just not thinking about that.

We're happy to be home, enjoying the time we have together.
#2 of 4 Old 01-01-2012, 08:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Welcome baby Teddy! 

I hope his transplant goes well. I'll be thinking of you and your family hug2.gif

In Love stillheart.gif with my best friend & mama to three beautiful little boys! stork-suprise.gif Expecting #4 Oct. 2014!
#3 of 4 Old 01-01-2012, 06:47 PM

I've been wondering how you were since you stopped posting here and I got your email about closing your store early. (I've ordered stuff from  you, but it's been a few years. ;-)

I'm glad to hear he arrived safely and pray he will continue to do well until he can have a transplant. Thanks for the update.

CPST, LLL and Mom to a 9yr old animal lovin' girl, 6yr old wild man,  4 yr old cuddle bug and 1 year old "little brother."

Now we are growing the family with chickens, ducks, and dairy goats.

#4 of 4 Old 01-02-2012, 04:48 PM

Thank you for sharing....I will be praying for Teddy every night.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page