Good skin care? Help! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 06-23-2014, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good skin care? Help!

I’m breaking out on my face all over, and I did some research on the internet and chatted with my girlfriends, but can’t find a brand that really helps - my skin is never stable...

My gals are recommending this brand called Vain Pursuits - all natural ingredients and CUSTOM made. Apparently they create skin care products unique for particular skin needs and even scents you like.

Have any of you guys ever used this? I am interested but wanted to see if anyone used it before I purchase. I can’t stand these breakouts anymore.

Last edited by ian'smommaya; 04-20-2015 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Spam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 03-22-2015, 08:04 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
hey there.
so every breakout stems from an internal imbalance or overflow of toxins in a particular part of the body. different parts of your face are signs of distress of a part of your body, if that makes sense. so i would treat the cause first. i've attached an image.
cleansing internally will help your skin significantly!
good luck!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	acne-face.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	18370  

kelly beth, hubby and 2 yr old 

Last edited by kellybeth; 03-22-2015 at 08:06 PM. Reason: image not working.
#3 of 3 Old 04-18-2015, 02:06 PM

Location: Tel Aviv Israel (not politically aligned) / Pittsburgh, Pa
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
i used to break out all the time, then i became an organic vegitarian, and now i only break out around my time of the month due to excess oils. if you cut out processed foods and heavy oils and try to stick to whole foods like fresh fruits and veggies, even if they are cooked, you should see a dramatic improvement. also, i dont use canola, only olive oil, sunflower seed oil, and cocount oil. i would stop looking for something to add to your system, but try to concentrate on eliminating food toxins (like most processed foods). also, using a soap that is more natural and doesnt contain any petrochemicals or stuff made in a lab would help. i recommend dr. bronners. i use it for everything for years, its so natural you could pour it into a mountain stream and the fish would thank you for it =) when i say everything, im serious, i can use it for hair and body, laundry detergent, dish soap, floor soap, even toothpaste, but i wouldnt recommend it for toothpaste, its pretty concentrated. only a few drops will cover your body and the bottle will last for such a long time. i bought a 1 liter bottle about a month ago and have used only about 1/16 of it, and thats after me, my 4 kids, my husband, and my daily laundry load. I would recommend picking up a bottle of baby mild or rose scent before trying out any new products geared towards acne or break outs. i hope that helps =)

Be Good Family =)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page