Will trade my organic green ebooks and handmade earrings for non-toxic haircut - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-23-2013, 11:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm a tired chemically sensitive new Mama and I need a haircut.  Unfortunately, at the moment, I'm not in a position to pay an Aveda hairdresser, which I'd Love to do, but hopefully my situation will change soon.  I live in Santa Fe, New Mexico and I live in a rural area, but I go into the city at least once or twice during the week for family appointments.  I prefer an Aveda hairdresser because I know they are organic minded and don't wear any synthetic adulterated fragrance products that contain toxic petrochemicals and they need to be non-smokers, but I'm happy to have a hairdresser cut my hair who is not Aveda, but uses only Aubrey or Young Living or Jason or any other non toxic organic cosmetics.  I am an organic green author and I wrote 4 wonderful organic ebooks that teach non-toxic healthy organic green living, including organic beauty.  I also made some beautiful semi-precious and recycled beaded earrings.  I'm happy to trade any of these for a lovely haircut and I just need a simple trim, several inches cut.  My hair is below my shoulders and my 1 year old keeps pulling it. lol :D  It's crazy and it's very uncomfortable.  I'm a wah writer, and I don't need my long hair making me uncomfortable.  Afternoons are best for me, as mornings for this new Mama are very difficult and exhausting.  I can either go to your non-toxic salon or office or home, whichever works for you.  I'm happy to have my haircut outdoors too and enjoy some clean fresh air.  I hope to hear from someone soon and enjoy a lovely new haircut very soon.  Thank you.

Thank you for being fragrance-free! Wear organic or wear nothing!
http://bodyearthself.blogspot.com/
#2 of 4 Old 05-23-2013, 09:41 PM

Mentioned: 142 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)

No one wants to swap? If I were closer I'd do it!

#3 of 4 Old 06-01-2013, 04:41 PM - Thread Starter

You're a professional organic green nontoxic hairdresser?  Yes, I wish you could, thank you. :) My search continues...

Thank you for being fragrance-free! Wear organic or wear nothing!
http://bodyearthself.blogspot.com/
#4 of 4 Old 06-25-2013, 01:33 PM

Your request might be hard to grant, depending on where you live.

What if you just took your own hair products to a regular salon?

Also, many high school cosmetology program will cut your hair (under the supervision of someone with a license) for free. Just a thought.

Good luck.

sleepytime.gif I got tired of my signature, but I still love my children and husband and miss my little brotherkid.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page