Tips for Reccurent Pregnancy Loss - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-16-2011, 08:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I realize you are not an OBGYN or RE, but I thought you may  have some insight to my situation -

I have 1 daughter and have had 6 miscarriages ( 1 before my daughter and 5 after her). My first loss was thought to have been a blighted ovum, but never confirmed - loss at 9 weeks. My second loss was after my daughter and was a confirmed blighted ovum at 10 weeks - all hormones were great, baby stopped growing - my next 3 were labeled "chemical" since they were so early (5-6 weeks) and my last loss was at 8 weeks - all numbers were great, baby had a heartbeat at 6, 7 weeks, stopped at 8 - had D and C at 9 weeks (no cramping or bleeding on my own) fetal tissue was tested and baby was triploidy and was "not compatible with life" - they said that either 2 sperm fertilized my egg or 1 mutated sperm with an extra set of chromosomes.....I was told it was a fluke event and probably unrelated to past miscarriages.

All my tests are normal (clotting panel, hormones, thyroid, karyotype, no uterine abnormalities or fibroids..). They have diagnosed me with Unknown recurrent pregnancy loss.....it's very frustrating and it's been a long journey - so ANY advice would be helpful.

I should add that I go to acupuncture, eat whole organic food, take prenatal vitamins and fish oil - not really sure if you have any additional insight from a naturo-path perspective, but thought it was worth a try.

Stacey, wife to DH shine.gif, mom of DD (01/08) energy.gif and DD2 (05/12) dust.gif  1 furbaby dog2.gif and 7 angel babies angel1.gif. We goorganic.jpg familybed1.gif and drink lots of decaf green and herbal teapot2.GIF.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2011, 06:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Goodness, you have been through a lot.  Recurrent pregnancy loss is a mystery when someone has seemingly everything in line to maintain a pregnancy.  However, often there are answers.  Sometimes nutritional deficiencies are the cause, which can be tested for through alternative tests available from a naturopathic physician.  Another thing I look for in women who have a history like yours is chemical exposure or heavy metal toxicity.  Again, these can be tested for and treated.  Hormonally, often the thyroid looks normal in conventional testing, but actually is low when we dig a little and do some additional testing.  I also test adrenal function in women who fit a picture of adrenal fatigue - fatigue, weight maintenance issues, blood sugar fluctuations, insomnia, food cravings such as sugar, caffeine, or salt.  Often some or all of these issues are tested and treated, a women is able to maintain a pregnancy, but not always.  I hope I have given you some additional avenues to explore.

Warmly,

Dr. Jennifer

Jennifer Karon-Flores, ND | Bambú Clinic 838 SW 1st Ave Ste 330 Portland OR 97204 | 503/274-9360 | www.bambuclinic.com

Jennifer Karon-Flores, ND | www.nurtureclinic.com | Appointments in person, by phone & Skype 503/701-8766 |

Meeting you where you are, supporting you on your journey to whole body wellness

User Tag List