Mothering Forum banner

Bleeding two weeks are period.

3K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  drjkf 
#1 ·
So I don't want to come to the conclusion that I'm pregnant...I'd rather look at the other alternatives. No I am not trying to conceive, but I also do not use any birth control other than condoms....plus we did "forget" to use a condom a few days after I stopped my normal period. I'm looking for any advice or ideas.

The first thing I'd like to mention is that I miscarried back in December 2010...and my menstrual cycle has been off. It's never been definite to begin with, but it's changed after the miscarriage. For the past few months I have spotted after and before every single period...especially after intercourse. So two days ago I started to spot brown/reddish discharge. I summed it up to be another spotting day after intercourse. However, just today 6/20/2011 I started to bleed. It's not dark red, but it's not pink either. I would describe the color more orange/red. It's not heavy enough to use a tampon or pad, but it has "filled up" a light day panty liner. Since the last panty liner it has gotten light...still the same color though. I have not had sex today either. Could this be something I should go and get checked out? Should I wait to see what happens? Could it be diet/stressed related? I did start a new job three weeks ago that requires me to lift 20-25 pound boxes, and I'm on my feet all day. I would like to know if this is a pregnancy symptom...however, tomorrow I will be getting an MRI for my back. I have some unidentified back pain, and I was bed ridden for a year and few months. Oh yeah, also I am 24 years old. I will be 25 in August. Cervical cancer runs in the family, but my pap in November came up clear. My mother did get cervical cancer at 23 though. Thanks in advance for the advice :).

See less See more
#3 ·
Spotting can be due to any number of things - intercourse, hormonal changes, stress, changes to the cervix, and many more. If it continues or you have other symptoms such as pain, itching, or discomfort in the pelvic area, it is best to see a health practitioner who can do a physical exam and diagnose the issue. Keep an eye on it and visit your primary care practitioner if it continues. Tracking your cycles may help - some women experience spotting at mid-cycle around ovulation.

Warmly,

Dr. Jennifer

Jennifer Karon-Flores, ND | Bambú Clinic 838 SW 1st Ave Ste 330 Portland OR 97204 | 503/274-9360 | www.bambuclinic.com

#4 ·
There is no discomfort or itch. However, I've noticed that I use a whole panty liner up when I'm at work. Like today it happened again, so much that it affects my underware also. At work, I pick up heavy boxes and on my feet all day. This isn't normal spotting for sure. It's heavy, but then is spotting. I'm confused.

#5 ·
Since it is continuing, I would recommend seeing a physician or nurse practitioner. If you live in a state that licenses naturopathic physicians, you could see someone who can assess the situation holistically. Just make sure the person you are seeing will do a gynecological exam - some naturopaths do them and some don't. To find one in your area, visit www.naturopathic.org

Warmly,

Dr. Jennifer

#7 ·
I am a 44yrs old that has recently become sexual active with my husband again. We had been separate for four years. And just got back together. I always had a pretty normal menstrual cycle. And today I notice blood and I just recently came off my cycle about 6 days ago. I'm wondering if this could be pre menopausal
Sign.My tube are tied so there's no way it could be pregnancy. Should I be worried?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.