Need help with Immunity - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-11-2011, 11:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Jennifer,

I'd love some advice about how to boost my immunity. I have honestly been at my allopathic doctor's office once a week for 2 months...each time for a different issue. I think it must be related to my immunity. Some of the issues I've seen the dr for have been: cyst in my armpit, a re-accuring stye - i've thrown out all eye make-up and now stopped wearing make up all together. The stye got so bad  that I ended up with a terrible infection in my eye, which I took antibiotics for. I ended up having a reaction to the antibiotics and had horrible hives spread all over my body. I recovered from that using strong antihistamines and steroids but now I have a boil?/red bump on my upper thigh that is so painful. I've been soaking it in salt water, and applying tea tree oil, but I'm afraid I'll need to go back to the dr's office and he'll prescribe more antibiotics. My sleep is alright, I've upped my intake of vitamin c and zinc. I'm just at a loss. I am a little bit stressed out as I am doing an intercontinental move this month and starting school again. But I'm not feeling horribly stressed. I need to fix my body. Do you have any suggestions? thank you

#2 of 2 Old 07-13-2011, 02:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I would highly suggest that you find a licensed naturopathic or holistic physician who can test your adrenal and thyroid levels.  Both of these hormonal systems can have a lot to do with immune response, and if either or both systems are imbalanced, one can develop symptoms such as what you describe.  Conventional doctors don't usually run the appropriate tests, so finding a holistic physician you can work with is important.

As for home care, I have seen an anti-inflammatory diet help.  This means cutting out all refined foods, caffeine, sugars, soy, dairy, gluten, and hormonally-processed meats.  Focusing on grass-fed meats, organic eggs, beans, nuts and veggies can greatly boost immune health and optimize hormone levels. 

Jennifer Karon-Flores, ND | www.nurtureclinic.com | Appointments in person, by phone & Skype 503/701-8766 |

Meeting you where you are, supporting you on your journey to whole body wellness

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page