? homeopathic treatment of henoch-schonlein purpura - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-26-2012, 03:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

my little one has been diagnosed with henoch-schonlein purpura, with a slight rash on his ankles and upper thigh on the 8th. we visited the doctor the next day and the rash started to fade and there was no progression. on the 12th, he was put on an antibiotic for a possible upper respiratory infection. on the 15th, his rash exploded. on the 19th, we took him off the antibiotics. on the 20th, we sought the help on a ND and he was put on Zinc, Vitamin A, and Histamine and put on an elimination diet (elimination possible mucus forming foods). On the 23rd, the DF Bifidus came in and we also started giving him Arnica for his inflammation of joints.

He has had noticeably swollen ankles at times, since 15th. He is unable to walk by the end of the each day. Last night, he also had painful gas. Right now, joint pain complaints are in the ankles and knees and abdominal discomfort continued this morning. The outbreaks are less and smaller, but are still continuing which concerns me. He is also not eating well and refused his remedies at lunch and bedtime, aside from the Arnica.

I am wondering about the natural remedies that my little one is taking for treating HSP : Zinc, Vitamin A, Histamine, DF Bifidus, Arnica. Could he be allergic to any of these? Could one or the combination allow for the rash to still be continuing and/or discomfort to be increasing? Did introducing Bifidus later into the regimen, allow for the rash to continue? Is the Histamine the right thing to be taking? Conventional medical sites say to take an anti-histamine and I have read the Histamine causes inflammation? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

#2 of 3 Old 03-26-2012, 04:32 PM

Goodness, you and your little one have been through a lot with all that you describe.  It is difficult for me to comment on someone's care when I am not seeing them as a patient, because I do not have the full history, physical exam, and lab information I need to make specific treatment recommendations.  I would suggest talking with your ND about the concerns you have.  It is always possible that someone can have a reaction to any supplement or pharmaceutical, though the symptoms you describe are consistent with the diagnosis of Henoch-schonlein purpura.  I would recommend you stay in close communication with both your ND and MD so that you can let them know how your little one is doing.  They are best situated to make treatment recommendations and changes.

Light and healing to you all,

Dr. Jennifer

Jennifer Karon-Flores, ND | www.nurtureclinic.com | Appointments in person, by phone & Skype 503/701-8766 |

Meeting you where you are, supporting you on your journey to whole body wellness

#3 of 3 Old 03-31-2012, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

thank you kindly for your response.

my little one was one day free of breakouts and then for the last few days we have had new breakouts again, accompanied with joint pain. we have had over 3 weeks with reoccurrance of the rash breaking out, accompanied by swollen joints, joint pain and a few days of abdominal pain.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page