Lavender use in pregnancy? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-15-2012, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi, I'm planning to put together "spa" type gift baskets for all the female relatives in our family this Christmas, and have been planning to sew homemade rice heating pads with lavender essential oil.  When I went into a shop the other day looking for lavender (they didn't have it), the lady mentioned that lavender essential oil can be problematic for pregnant women.

Can you give me tips/advice?  I had planned to put basically 10 drops of oil (give or take) in each bag of rice (approx 2 cups of rice), and I won't be directly dealing with the oil VERY much, although there is the potential of the oil slightly soaking through the flannel and onto my skin.  Even then it shouldn't be much.

What should I look out for?  Is this a problem?  Advice?  Thanks in advance!!

Jess, happy wife to Doug, mom to E (ds10), B (ds8), M (dd6), S (ds4), M (ds2), and a little 2013 valentine (dsT, due 2/18)

I blog at makinghome.blogspot.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2012, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Essential oils are concerning when taken internally, but the way you are using the lavender oil seems fine.  Many bath and body care products use this oil as a fragrance, and are not labeled as problematic for pregnancy.

Jennifer Karon-Flores, ND | www.nurtureclinic.com | Appointments in person, by phone & Skype 503/701-8766 |

Meeting you where you are, supporting you on your journey to whole body wellness

User Tag List