abnormal pallor reflex - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 11-03-2012, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi! I hope I'm in the right place to ask this --- 

During summer I started feeling crappy - leg pains, was just generally feeling crummy. I live on a farm in NW Jersey and it's rampant with ticks so my first thought was lymes - test came back with weak positive. Than went to Lymes doctor, got more blood work, all tests can back negative BUT she said I have an exaggerated abnormal knee-jerk reflex and wants me to get a brain and spinal scan..

Now my question is this: generally now I feel fine. I'm going to be eating a Paleo diet and am wondering what other supplements and things i should take to be EXTRA healthy. And my other question: don't some people just HAVE abnormal reflexes? I'm thinking the Lymes is still in my body (spine?) and that I can take measures at home without going back to a neurologist etc. 

Thanks SO SO much!

blogging.jpg    fambedsingle2.gif  homebirth.jpg  read.gif  happy momma to DD 8/07 and DS 6/10
#2 of 2 Old 11-12-2012, 10:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Your symptoms over the summer, combined with exaggerated reflexes, MAY mean that you have a neurological condition, which is why your doctor is recommending a neurological consult.  Or, you may have nothing diagnosable.  Since you feel well, your feeling is that you do not want to go to the neurologist.  Of course, it is your body, and your choice.  Some patients would rather know that they have a condition, even if they are feeling well right now.  Others would prefer to live their lives and enjoy their wellness.  The choice is yours, and only you know what is right for you.

In terms of paleo diet, it is in my opinion one of the best all around healthy diets out there for most people.  It is anti-inflammatory, which is key to disease prevention.  One mistake I see with people who eat paleo is that sometimes they go too heavy on animal protein, and don't focus as much on veggies.  Paleo should be high veggies, a little animal protein, and a little fruit/nuts/seeds.  Of course, the ratios will be different for each person depending on their nutritional needs.

In terms of supplements, I can't recommend anything specific because everyone's nutritional needs are different.  Most people find a good multivitamin to be helpful, but others find that they don't need it. 

Hope that helps!

Warmly,

Dr. Jennifer

Jennifer Karon-Flores, ND | www.nurtureclinic.com | Appointments in person, by phone & Skype 503/701-8766 |

Meeting you where you are, supporting you on your journey to whole body wellness

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page