Mothering Forum banner

Measles outbreak in my area

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  drjkf 
#1 ·
There has been a confirmed case of measles in an employee at a store where I regularly do my grocery shopping. According to health officials, DD and I may have been exposed, as we shopped there on January 26. DD (6 y.o.) is unvaccinated. I am not so worried about myself, as I know my parents made sure I had every vaccine possible.

What I am most concerned about is the fact that my husband is in the hospital due to a severe leg fracture, and he will probably be there for weeks. I have been at the hospital with him, as have our kids. Could we be contributing to a possible measles epidemic at the hospital? He was transferred yesterday to hospital #2, which means we could be spreading things at two different places.

Here is the article about the local outbreak. Is there anything I can/should be doing to keep everyone safe?

#2 ·
It looks like you posted a while ago, I'm sorry it looks like no one responded. At this point, you are beyond the exposure/incubation period, though certainly it is important to follow the local department of health statements to understand the risks of exposure. Let me know if you have more questions.

Warmly,

Dr. Jennifer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.