Mothering Forum banner

Use of Vitex and Soy Isoflavnones

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  drjkf 
#1 ·
Hi.

I have been TTC. I have irregular ovulation and cycle and have read of the use of Vitex to regulate menstruation cycle and teh isoflavones for inducing ovulation.

I menstruated in January and decided to chart my BBT using fertility friend. FF thinks I ovulated on CD 27 but the lines are broken and not a full line. What does that mean?

Unfortunately DH was not around around that period.

After ordering for Vitex online and repeated failed delivery, I finally got it from a local store and I should get soy isoflavones tomorrow. I would start taking the vitex tonight.

Questions:

1. I know someone has already responded to the combination of teh vitex and isoflavones, I asked the pharmacist who thought it could be combined in the way I said but he was not really sure. Please does anyone knwo if it is possible to combine daily dosage of Vitex with Soy Isoflavones (just on CD 4-7) and then continue with Vitex,. Or do I need to stop Vitex during those days? Or should I just forget the Soy Isoflavones option entirely?

2 Can one take Vitex during menstruation or it should be pasued?

3. I have also read that Vitex should not be taken during preganancy. What happens when one has not yet detected the pregnancy since one has to wait for about two weeks? Because if I pause the drug and turns out that I am not pregnant, doesn't that mean that I have stopped the drug which is supposed to be a daily drug?

Thanks a lot for your help..

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm sorry to say that I can't give you an answer on this, as every woman is different, and my answer would depend on very specific health questions, physical exam, and looking at your BBT charts as well as previous fertility markers. I suggest working with a midwife, naturopathic physician, or holistic nurse practitioner who can guide you in making supplement choices that are right for you. With fertility, it is essential to work with a practitioner you can see in person. I'd also recommend some Arvigo Maya Abdominal Therapy sessions, if they are available near you:

www.arvigotherapy.com

Warmly,

Dr. Jennifer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.