want 2 head off anxiety in babby - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-16-2011, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ive been looking for a chance like this for along time.  Its great for motehring to bring the experts in one spot to support mamas like this.  Lots of us can't afford doctors visits even if we believed in them.

I'm worried about my babby and my other kids.  Horatio is 8 weeks old now and so far has loved to be cuddlled by his sisters and brothers.  but i am worried becuz he has started to cry when they hold him.  they are a bit noisy and jumpy and i've asked them to be more careful but it's thier nature to be spirited and i don't want to disourage that.

when they hold him i' m a nervuos wrkeck the whole time because they aren't very carefule with him.  how can I be more calm so they don't feed on my anxiousness?  i've been drinking herbal teas and taking rescue remedy so i am taking charge of my health but some days it doesnt feel like enuf specially when they are bouncing around with Horatio.

also, what can i give my babey to help him relax?

thanks again so much!

the babey is here!
#2 of 2 Old 05-18-2011, 08:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

What a lucky little boy to have such eager and loving siblings. It sounds as though they're holding him safely enough or you wouldn't have tolerated it but it's so deeply instinctual to be nervous about his handling. I think you and baby might feel more secure if you wear him more often. An older child might be able to wear him in a sling safely as well. That's up to your good judgement. It might work well to ask the children to only hold the baby when they are seated, or to lie on the floor and snuggle with him. Next to being held securely, babies derive the most relaxation from having something to suck on. If he's in a tizzy, a nursing should help. Otherwise, maybe a sibling could provide him with a finger for a while, or he might benefit from a pacifier.

Linda F. Palmer, DC
"The Baby Bond"
www.BabyReference.com

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page