Won't nap in crib - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-25-2013, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi,

I have a 8 month daughter that will not nap in her crib the only way i can get her to nap is in her car seat carrier. As a newborn she would nap in her bouncer due to reflux and had a wedge in her bassinet for bedtime .But now is to big for her bouncer so i had to resort to her car seat because i just didnt know what else to do.I have tried everything to get her to nap in her crib.Ive tried giving a bottle or not, rocking her in my arms which she does not like at all,i could go on and on.Could it be thats she likes to be sitting up or is it the rocking motion .Im just so exhausted trying to figure out why she won't nap there but will sleep in her crib at night.If i move her from her car seat she wakes up .In her seat i can get her to nap for an hour or two and if she does wake i just give the car seat a little rock and she falls back to sleep.She was never a great sleeper due to her reflux and now bedtime i feel like i am going backwards because she was starting to go 5 hrs or longer and she's waking every hr maybe two hrs again and only wants to eat once maybe twice during the night.My guess is maybe due to teething or could it be that her reflux has come back .Should i maybe wedge her crib ? I just dont know.So im hoping you may please have some advice to maybe what i can do for naps and bedtime.

Thank you

Anna

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2013, 02:55 PM

Mentioned: 209 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

*hugs* Very stressful!

Old 05-17-2013, 06:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This might not be the answer you're looking for, but I see nothing wrong with napping in a lovely rocking recliner chair (car seat), though it may not look so good to outsiders. If she's happy and sleeping well, I'd stick with it. I promise she'll grow out of it some day. 

I'm sorry about her night wakings. It's pretty common, but that doesn't make it easier. It doesn't sound as though it's hunger. Yes, she may still be having some reflux, but if she's not eating much at night, she shouldn't be refluxing much then -- supposedly. Does she have much gas? Rashes? 

Maybe do try wedging the crib some, to see if it helps.

Let me know how it's going and I hope I can be of more help.

Linda F. Palmer, DC
"The Baby Bond"
www.BabyReference.com

User Tag List