2-1 nap help please - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-01-2013, 07:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,
my daughter is 12months and 2wks old and has been fighting one of her naps and usually only naps just for 40 minutes i have to add she has never been a great sleeper she was colic and has been taking zantac for acid reflux.So my question is should i start transitioning her to one nap since shes fighting me and only giving me a catnap or is there a certain way to gentley have her transition .I have to say i have tried one nap and she goes down pretty quick but still only gives me the 40 minutes or so .Also doing this she was awaking a few times during the night my guess maybe she was over tired .Some advice or suggestions would be highly appreciated .Thx

Anna
#2 of 3 Old 09-02-2013, 11:52 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

bumping for you Lockegirl!

#3 of 3 Old 09-10-2013, 05:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Being overtired can certainly cause greater difficulty falling asleep, as cortisol is released to help the body stay awake, and then sleep is difficult until this hormone level drops. I don't really think that being overtired is going to contribute to multiple wakings once a baby is asleep though. The combined symptoms of colic, reflux, difficulty sleeping, and frequent wakings suggest that your baby is reacting to some food in her diet (or in breastfeeding mother's diet). Have you ever tried some dietary eliminations? Does she have any rashes, diarrhea, green stools, or excess gassiness? Occasionally food reactions cause constipation as well. 

You will want to know that Zantac can keep a person awake. It's best to give the greater parts of her Zantac doses in the morning and just after her nap. I know that nighttime is a big time for reflux, but try giving less or none before bed just to see if the Zantac is keeping her awake.

If some food reactions are causing discomfort that keeps your daughter from sleeping, motion and vibration are great at overriding some of this discomfort. See if she'll sleep better in an electric swing or in a vibrating chair. These both keep her more vertical to reduce reflux as well.

Linda F. Palmer, DC
"The Baby Bond"
www.BabyReference.com

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page