Ear Infections - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-16-2011, 07:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Dr. Bob,

My 10 Month old daughter has had 4 ear infections in her life, and I am concerned we have another one brewing.  She got her first, that we knew about at her 6 month well baby.  The only sign of something amiss was her sleep fell apart.  She has never had a fever but does have an almost constant runny nose and cough.  She has had 3 since then, and I am suspicious that 2 of them were actually 1 that never went away.

She was on omoxocillan for the first and then 2 other, stronger antibiotics for the others.  Do you have any tips for preventing these from occuring and what we should do if she gets another? Despite using probiotics, she gets horrible diaper rash each time we give them to her and she just now got over a yeast infection, most likely caused by the antibiotics.

She is breastfed and given a Vit. D supplement.  She gets bottles at daycare of pumped milk and she sits up while drinking them.  Do you have any other advice?  I hate to think of her suffering but I also hate the thought of another round of antibiotics.

Thank you,

Jenny

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 05-16-2011, 09:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'd go with Mullein Garlic oil ear drops - great for ear infections. You follow the dose on the bottle = you can even start when a cold comes on to prevent an ear infection.

As for prevention, you should stop any cow's milk if you've been giving her any. Maybe cheese too. Yogurt is usually ok. Give xylitol every day (find foods with it or buy some to add to foods you bake). this can help prevent.  Chiropractic care may help, either routinely or at the first sign of a cold.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page