WOW, it is really amazing that you are online here!
I posted this in another forum-
My 26 month old swallowed a quarter and maybe more. I know most people say no problem it will pass. BUT it has not. She has pooped at least 6 times. Dr. said wait 5 days. That is today! What if the money doesn't pass? How do they get it out? I am quite worried.
Also, how terrible is having an x-ray? I would have said I am 100% sure she swallowed a quarter. She did it right in front of me but because it hasn't come out yet I feel a bit of doubt. I think we should do an x-ray though.
Xray may not be needed. Because, even if they see it on xray, they aren't going to do surgery or endoscopy to get it yet. Give mineral oil 1 tsp twice daily to help it slide along. Maybe some extra fiber foods. I've never gotten to a point where i had a patient NOT pass a coin. I don't know what the upper time limit on waiting on an xray is, but i'd at least wait a few weeks.