Help me find the studies - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-26-2011, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello Dr. Sears,

I have been trying in vain to find long term (5 years or more) studies that compare vaccinated vs. unvaccinated children's rates of autoimmune dysfunction as well as neurological complications. I can't find anything. The only thing I can find in terms of long term studies is about titer levels. Until I can find that kind of information, I'm not comfortable vaccinating my two younger children (my first is fully vaccinated).

My oldest has Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, and after years of hard work, we've found an intervention that is literally changing the course of his disease. I worked hard to find it, and tried it out in the face of extreme discouragement from any allopathic doctors I consulted. I am, to be honest, too tired to go through that process again if I were to have a vaccine-injured child with a disease that allopathy has no answers for, if that makes sense.

Do you know if any such studies exist? How can pediatricians recommend vaccinating children with any confidence at all if these studies have not been done?

Thank you!

#2 of 4 Old 06-01-2011, 09:12 PM

I don't know of any such study. We know (and "they" know) that such complications can and do occur. That's not the debate. The issue is that doctors believe/assume that such complications are so rare that we don't need to worry about them. The research to quantify exactly how common these occur hasn't been adequately done.

#3 of 4 Old 06-01-2011, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks very much for your reply.

I find that terrifying.

I understand that it's a risk/benefit analysis, but having been the 1 in 3500 births, it doesn't really matter what the likelihood is when the something bad happens to you.

I am very torn.

#4 of 4 Old 06-10-2011, 11:49 AM

Obviously I'm not Dr. Sears, but I think the other reason it is hard to find these studies is that the scientific community believes vaccines to be such a benefit that it would be unethical to do a controlled randomized study as it would be unethical to give a child a placebo vaccine vs. a real vaccine. I guess now, the closest they could do would be to include children whose parents voluntarily do not vaccinate.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page