Bruise on upper ear cartilage - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-07-2011, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

my child-age 5- woke up screaming in the middle of the night and told me his ear hurt-the outside part. I figured he had slept on it funny/it got folded while sleeping etc. However, today the upper part is bruised-turning purple. It is the upper part of his ear-nowhere near his head. I am assuming he banged it on the wooden rail of the bed (we use the upper part of a bunkbed as a separate bed -so it has a headboard, footboard and wooden rails all along the sides). He sleeps all over the bed-sideways etc.and moves around a lot in his sleep.  He's acted fine all day long. It just seems like a weird place to get a bruise and it wasn't there when I put him to bed. I'm using Arnica cream and Arnica homeopathic pellets. Anything else I should look for? No other bruising anywhere else on him and no other symptoms.....Just curious if I should be worried or do anything else at this point? I assume it will take quite some time to go away just like bruises anywhere else on the body.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2011, 05:59 PM

If there are no other problems as you describe, then it sounds ok to me. 

Old 06-07-2011, 07:12 PM

I saw this on New Posts.  My son has the same issue with his ear cartilage and it is because of a blackfly bite.  It happened to him last year as well. My husband is allergic to them and he swells up too.  I see that you are in Maine so that is very likely what caused it!!

User Tag List