Dr Bob- Question regarding vaccination and x-rays - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-13-2011, 10:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Dr. Bob,

I re-read your book along with Dr. Stephanie Cave's book "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Children's Vaccinations" and I'm confused and am hoping you can clarify what I read. I did a search online and couldn't find any information. Dr. Cave wrote that if a child received "x-ray treatment" in the last three months that vaccination should not be given or delayed. By treatment would this include a diagnostic x-ray as far as you know? My little one had an abdominal x-ray taken in early May to check if a foreign object was swallowed. Would one x-ray lower immunity for a period of time? Would you personally recommend not getting vaccinated for a period of time after an x-ray was taken? My little one had a reaction to pentacel and has been selectively vaccinated and after reading this I'm wondering if we should wait longer.

Thank you again so much in advance for your time.

#2 of 3 Old 07-14-2011, 12:53 PM

I haven't read that part of her book, so I'm not sure what she's referring to.  But as a doctor, i would think that if she was referring to actual x ray treatment, she would have said "radiation therapy".  if she was referring to X-ray tests, she would have said "test".  I don't think there really is anything that is referred to as "xray treatment".  So, maybe double check her wording? 

Besides that, I don't know of any harm in getting vaccines near to have had any x ray tests.  I must say, though, that I've never tried to find any research on that issue.  As for radiation THERAPY, I'd guess that it has something to do with all the oxidative stress that occurs with that therapy and not wanting to mix vaccines with that?  or maybe the immune suppression? 

#3 of 3 Old 07-14-2011, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Dr. Sears,

Thanks so much for your reply. I did re-check her wording and it was 'x-ray treatment' which is why it's confusing! I did some research online and found the same wording on another website and it seems to be what you suggested regarding radiation treatment.

Thanks again!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page