My 4 yr old son was scheduled to get his 5th dtap this coming week. Last week I found a tick attached to him and pulled it off. It was not engorged but we live in NC which has a higher incidence rate of Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever. His pediatrician told me to watch him for signs of the illness for a month and if he seemed fine after that we are "out of the woods". In your opinion, should we wait until after the month is up to give the DTAP to make sure he has not contracted RMSF or do you think it is ok to go ahead and give him the shot this week?
Thanks for your help.
|12 members and 10,435 guests|
|apeydef , cellowars , chrygrns01 , crystalkmcbride , IsaFrench , jamesmorrow , katelove , Leelee3 , Lucee , manyhatsmom , Williamhdc , zebra15|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.|