Constant yeast issues with two year old daughter. Please help! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-19-2011, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My two year old daughter has had yeast issues since she was about 12 months old until now (at two years and four months).  It started out as 'thrush', I had it on my beasts, and she also had it as a nasty rash that i battled for months.  I have tried everything! (except for perscription yeast killers)  I know a naturopath that suggested I give her about a months worth of probiotics in a week.  After I did that it went away for about 3 months, but now its back.  Instead of being in the form of a rash it is now a vaginal yeast infection.  Her vagina area is red, inflamed and has a smell to it.  It will not go away.  She takes powdered, refridgerated probiotics everyday in her yogurt, the only thing that keeps it at bay is taking an apple cider vinegar bath everyday, if she does not take it for one day it comes back, bad.  The only thing I can think is that its a food intolerance.  I have done, literally, hours and hours of research on this.  She was born at home and has never been vaccinated, in fact she has never been to a doctor.  Needless to say she has never been on anti-biotics, she is a very healthy child except for this yeast thing.  I am very frustrated. help!

#2 of 4 Old 07-20-2011, 10:57 AM

I agree that this is unusual given her history. A solution may be to go on a yeast free diet (both of you).  Here is an excerpt from one of my books:  You could also both go on GrapeFruitSeed extract (nutribiotic brand drops - 1 or 2 drops daily in food or juice for her, and for you follow the suggested dosing):

Changing the diet to help reduce yeast doesn’t simply involve avoiding foods with yeast in them. That’s only part of it. The primary goal in a yeast-free diet is to limit foods that feed yeast. And yes, you guessed it; it may be all the favorite foods your child likes to eat. 

What your child can’t eat. Let’s start with the bad news. Limit or avoid the following foods:

• Foods with mold: Cheese, dried or cured meats, mushrooms, olives, peanuts, soy sauce, berries, malt, canned tomatoes.
  • Foods made with yeast (leavened): Breads, baked goods, vinegar (and sauces/dressings/condiments that contain it).
  • Starches: Corn, potato.
  • Sugary foods: Refined sugar, sweet fruits (grapes, raisins, dates, figs, citrus), dried fruits, most juices, sugary drinks, honey and syrup, chocolate, high-fructose corn syrup.

What your child can eat. Feel free to feed your child anything that isn’t on the above list (unless it breaks the rules of any other dietary precautions he is on). Just to give you ideas, here are some major food groups that don’t pose a yeast problem:

• Fresh meat, fish, poultry, pork.
  • Vegetables (your child will be thrilled!) of all kinds.
  • Mozzarella and feta cheese, butter, milk (if not on CF diet)
  • Beans.
  • Eggs.
  • Fresh-squeezed (at home) juices: apple (without the peel) and orange.
  • Whole grain non-baked foods like cereals and pasta, especially if gluten-free.
  • Breakfast foods made with baking soda or powder (biscuits, muffins, pancakes, waffles).
  • Nuts and seeds.
  • Fresh fruits not on the above list (don’t overdo them), especially banana and pineapple.
#3 of 4 Old 07-20-2011, 12:43 PM

Conversations in the Experts forum are only to be between the expert and the original poster.

Extra posts have been deleted automatically by the system. 

#4 of 4 Old 07-29-2011, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for replying to this Dr. Sears.  We have changed her diet, and she takes a bath everyday in apple cider vinegar which clears up her external issues with the redness , ect.  My next step is setting up an appointment with a pediatrician so we can get her tested for allergies.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page