Follow up DTAP question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2011, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter
 
emilyray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Dr Bob

 

In regards to the question below, do you think that a month is long enough to wait or do you suggest waiting even longer to get the dtap after this tick incident? If so, how long do suggest?

 

Thanks Dr Bob.

 

 

 

 

My question:

 

Dr Bob

 

My 4 yr old son was scheduled to get his 5th dtap this coming week. Last week I found a tick attached to him and pulled it off. It was not engorged but we live in NC which has a higher incidence rate of Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever. His pediatrician told me to watch him for signs of the illness for a month and if he seemed fine after that we are "out of the woods". In your opinion, should we wait until after the month is up to give the DTAP to make sure he has not contracted RMSF or do you think it is ok to go ahead and give him the shot this week?

 

Thanks for your help.

 

Your answer:

 

I would definately wait.

 

 

 

emilyray is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-20-2011, 04:54 PM
 
DrBobSears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 321
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I would wait until it's certain there is no lyme disease.  I forget the incubation period of Lyme - you could probably find that out on the CDC website.

DrBobSears is offline  
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off