Mothering Forum banner

Breastfed infant and vaccines, should I supplement my diet? Is it ok to vaccinate with an eczema outbreak?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  abiyhayil 
#1 ·
Dr. Sears,

Thank you so much for your time. My daughter is 2.5 months old and I wanted to supplement my diet to help her detoxify the vaccine components. I bought Vaccishield http://www.vaccishield.com/ to take, but the label says do not use while nursing or pregnant. Is there a supplement you would recommend? Also my 21 month old has had eczema all summer long, we have used hydrocortisone, should I wait until the flare up is under control without medicine to vaccinate?

#2 ·
VacciShield looks fine to me as far as nursing. That warning is probably just an FDA requirement, the same as almost anything you buy will have that same warning.

I like Vit A and C and probiotics with vaccines. I like the other ingredients in this product, although there isn't nearly enough Vit C (I'd go with 150 mg for infants and about 250 mg for you toddler). Also, Vit A is good - 1500 IU for baby and 2500 IU for toddler - I have these doses in the vaccine book.

BUT, there is no research that proves this products or these vitamins, truly help prevent vaccine reactions. The research shown on their website is true, but I didn't see any actual vaccine studies on their product.

As for eczema, yes, you should wait until it's calmed down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.